WoW - March to Gnomer

Greywolf2375

We almost had a raid last night.

Ok, so our Ret paladin can't show up til nearly 8:30 on Wed (but can make 7:30 on Thurs) due to work. And we lost jerkface mcShaman, but nobody's really sad about that one. There were some login issues affecting our mage, but we found a healer and were ready to start cutting through the first bosses short-handed. Or at least trash. (We had thought the Ret pally was showing up at 8, not working til 8.)

Two pulls in, our priest and his brother, one of our rogues, drop offline. Apparently South Carolina ISPs are terrible; they've been having outages for over a month now, they've had something like 7 different techs in, and the problem is clearly not resolved at all.

We settled for blowing up Noth twice in rapid succession and then I got out of WoW for the night. Tonight we'll pull something or other together with a few alts and a pug or two, and blow up the first wing with the intention of saving our ID. I don't think we need to save the ID; I certainly am not too bothered by doing something like staying with that one ID until we kill LK (not with 3 bosses to down before him), and I actually liked the older idea of swap a couple people around for the first four each week to get alts something.

If you're struggling on Sindragosa, stick with it - but also put in some time on PP. I think we killed him in something like 15 total pulls. We worked on him for a few attempts one night (got him to 10% after like 5 attempts), refined our strategy and did it after 10 the next time. He's really not that hard, and the coordination requirement is significantly lower than Sindragosa.

And use snake traps/army on the two oozes part for the green ooze. Helps a lot.

Guild took a crack at Sindragosa last night.

I don't know why we didn't kill her. Everyone was managing their stacks well, we had the tombs working perfectly on P3 but our tanks kept going down..and fast. Best we got was 15%.

I'm starting to wonder why I even came back though. The whole guild is snappy and everyone is getting on each others nerves. I got bitched at for saying "This is my last attempt guys" because it's demoralizing at 2 am when I have to leave. Everyone's got their panties in a twist and it's really taking away from the raid experience.

Come join Stormwind Mall Security of Terokkar XD

Where the two top guilds downed LK 25N 3 weeks ago, and we are on our 3rd week of straight wiping.

Lately I've been pushing the other officers to try 22 manning LK. It is a situation where I'm pretty sure 2-3 of our dumb melee have wiped the raid 2-3 times each on the same thing. IMO LK isn't a dps race anyway (excepting Valks) its a control fight, and people can't seem to get it through their thick skulls.

One particular DK ate a defile on the LK, in the melee, without attempting to move (he was right in the center). He moaned about it saying that he was watching his runes, and that Defile doesn't give enough time and is impossible and started calling for its imediate nerf. I was ready to drop him to recruit status right there. IMO DKs shouldn't even be using runes on the LK when valkyrs are withint 3 seconds of dropping anyway right? I mean the only thing that DPS needs to do is fucking slow valkyrs and spread out, then stack. Honestly, I think 2-3 meatbags are ruining it for the entire raid at this point.

In better news we got our first serious 10 man hard modes going starting two nights ago. 1 Shotted Marrow, LadyD, and Lootship. Had about 2 wipes on Saur and called it. Went back last night and 1 shotted Saur, Fester, and Rotty. Really highlighted for me the skill/talent that our top 50% have compared to our bottom half... Just kinda makes me sigh wistfully. Is finding 25 competent people that hard? It is on US-Terokkar. <_<

I got one an hour ago. My wife has it and is playing, and it's very keen; she's sent screenshots.

I'm trying to figure out how much money Blizzard just made by creating this. It required some art resources; call it one month of 3 people's work, some of which had been done already (the model itself was done for invincible anyway). So about $50k total worth of money.

At $25 a pop they'd need to sell 2000 to break even, and so far the queue has only gone up. Assume they can process about what, 5k an hour? So they've already sold at least 15000 of the things.

I got one an hour ago. My wife has it and is playing, and it's very keen; she's sent screenshots.

I'm trying to figure out how much money Blizzard just made by creating this. It required some art resources; call it one month of 3 people's work, some of which had been done already (the model itself was done for invincible anyway). So about $50k total worth of money.

At $25 a pop they'd need to sell 2000 to break even, and so far the queue has only gone up. Assume they can process about what, 5k an hour? So they've already sold at least 15000 of the things.

Yeah, I started at 20k in the queue, I'm currently 9k its going down fast. I'm assuming it's mostly through purchases. Its going down too quickly for people to be giving up en masse.

They're definitely getting their money back. I wonder if Lil'XT is doing this well?

It's probably doing okay, though nothing like this. Many pet collectors bought the kt and (especially) the monk, though that also had some charity. But most people aren't specifically into pets and don't even bother bringing them out.

But almost everyone loves a shiny mount.

So, with the queue for the mount now at .... oh, 62000 or so and with the shear number of these fucking things running around Dal RIGHT NOW...

Well, you might be looking at $1 million+ revenue for this thing.

Jesus, WoW is such a bloody cash cow. Wait till they start selling the ability to design your own armor or get nifty new spell effects (like dalaran's intellect).

Mark my words, soon they will start selling 500% travel speed mounts for some $100 or something.

Jesus, WoW is such a bloody cash cow. Wait till they start selling the ability to design your own armor or get nifty new spell effects (like dalaran's intellect).

Mark my words, soon they will start selling 500% travel speed mounts for some $100 or something.

This mount is a drop in the fucking barrel.

Here's the link I found from a few years back: http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/12/opinion_five_key_points_from_t.php

"Blizzard Entertainment [which has "over 9.3 million subscribers" to World Of Warcraft] has projected calendar 2007 revenues of $1.1 billion, operating margins of over 40% and approximately $520 million of operating profit."

Archived