Worldcon 2011: Reno

Back in Dublin for a few days. Luckily, this means I'll have jet lag to ease my con lag withdrawals. Now I just feel like I should be standing around, "supervising" people setting up for a party.

Had a blast, as always. Massive thanks to all of the movers, shakers, and cat wranglers who make the fun possible. Special thanks to Stego for the "t-shirt" - Mo's a lucky woman!

We have spoken at length over the years of a BWB commune, but I'm quite sure this would lead to us all dying inside the year.

Blackfyre - Not sure where the other girls are...but I'm guessing asleep, as I should be.

Stego - True, but it would probably be worth it. ;)

I'm glad our party was awesome enough that some of those that attended joined the board just to hang out with us more - welcome Curlz :cheers:

Thank you! And yes, it was really that awesome. Sidenote: I've never seen such a huge variety of emoticons before. I feel like I could hold entire conversations using just them. Yet another reason to stick around, quite impressive! :thumbsup:

Well, you know, that and the fact that I'm reading ASOIAF and loving it... :read:

Hi there!

I was recently knighted in Reno, and wanted to say thanks to everyone for welcoming me!! It was my first sf/f convention and I had a blast! I had no idea BwB existed and I am so happy I stumbled on you at the convention (though pretty bummed I didn't know of you beforehand)! You guys rock!

I am looking forward to having other George R.R. Martin groupies to chat with!

And how cool of George Martin to hang out with us!! I was really impressed :)

Hi there!

I was recently knighted in Reno, and wanted to say thanks to everyone for welcoming me!! It was my first sf/f convention and I had a blast! I had no idea BwB existed and I am so happy I stumbled on you at the convention (though pretty bummed I didn't know of you beforehand)! You guys rock!

I am looking forward to having other George R.R. Martin groupies to chat with!

And how cool of George Martin to hang out with us!! I was really impressed :)

Ser Rach!! You found us! Welcome :D

Rach and her friends toted me and Yalen around in their minivan on the quest. They are the bestest.

I'm one of the girls you'd "never seen before". I kind of love that title, btw. So much so, that I'm considering adopting it as part of my official title. You know something like:

Ser Jenn

Unseen Awful, Awful Knight

or something like that... I'm still playing with it. ;)

Anyway, wanted to pop in and register on the boards. I hear it's important and if I don't it could result in something bad... :fencing:

Thanks for the amazing parties and fun. It was SO nice meeting all of you and I'm already counting down the days until Chicago! Also, Con withdrawal sucks...perhaps we should just Con all the time?

Ser Jenn

Hello from one of the other unseen 4! *waves*

Have to agree that the BWB parties were da bomb. But the rest of the CON was pretty rockin too. What a fantastic group you all are. So glad we got to meet you and hang out and go on the quest and be knighted and stay up all night and party and... Um. Yeah. All that stuff.

Still haven't caught up on sleep yet because reality bites.

Ser Nichole

Unseen Awful Awful Lady Knight

Welcome, Bling and Curls.

I had a wonderful time at dinner Sunday evening getting to know the four of you. (I'm reading Dan wells at the moment.)

They took a picture of me sitting with you at dinner and texted it to my wife. She says you're all very beautiful and I am sleeping on the couch. :frown5:

After two days of driving and going straight into two days of work and various other real-life annoyances I am finally recovered enough to pop back on here and say it was great to finally make it to one of these things. Whoever brought the ghost peppers needs to make that an annual thing, our 'Wildfire' concoction worked surprisingly well.

To my questing companions, I salute you.

To my drinking companions, I toast you.

To the good conversations, the welcoming atmosphere, the beautiful women, the jerky and the best bartenders west of the Mississippi. To brotherhood, sans-banners(but with buttons). Until we meet again.

Next year can't roll around soon enough. Who needs winter anyways?

Welcome, Bling and Curls.

I had a wonderful time at dinner Sunday evening getting to know the four of you. (I'm reading Dan wells at the moment.)

They took a picture of me sitting with you at dinner and texted it to my wife. She says you're all very beautiful and I am sleeping on the couch. :frown5:

Haha...for some reason I find this very entertaining. :D Tell your wife thank you and to come next time. We'd love to meet her. :thumbsup: You'll have to let us know what you think of Dan's books...once you finish all three, of course.

Also, Hi, Ven! :) I remember you! A salute right back at ya.

After two days of driving and going straight into two days of work and various other real-life annoyances I am finally recovered enough to pop back on here and say it was great to finally make it to one of these things. Whoever brought the ghost peppers needs to make that an annual thing, our 'Wildfire' concoction worked surprisingly well.

That ghost pepper was traumatizing.

Had such fun chatting with you. Distressed to learn you may leave LA behind.

What a great time! I'm having serious Con withdrawl! You all are an amazing group of people! :grouphug: Loves! Yalen

p.s. When I get some more time, I will be posting a few photos/videos!

Archived