Who Would You Stand With?

SingleMort

I'm support the Night's Watch and Dany. Since I'm a woman I wouldn't be able to officially join the Night's Watch but I'd join that women's castle Jon Snow set up on the wall. I'd do whatever I could to protect the realm from the Others until Dany and her Dragons got there (except for helping the brothers dig for buried treasure). Then when Dany arrived I'd do what I could to help her and Jon Snow protect the realm and the Night's Watch.

I'm support the Night's Watch and Dany. Since I'm a woman I wouldn't be able to officially join the Night's Watch but I'd join that women's castle Jon Snow set up on the wall. I'd do whatever I could to protect the realm from the Others until Dany and her Dragons got there (except for helping the brothers dig for buried treasure). Then when Dany arrived I'd do what I could to help her and Jon Snow protect the realm and the Night's Watch.

Pretty much the same, except I'd be with the Starks until the Red Wedding. Afterwards, I'd head to the Wall for safety and to protect the realm until Dany got there.

Since I'm a girl, I wouldn't be able to go to Oldtown and forge my maester chain. Neither wouldn't I be allowed to join the Nightwatch in normal circumstances - that would have been my two favorites. In Westeros, I would be glad to be born in Dorne, where women seem to have more or less equal rights as men.

Apart from gender decision, I would be either following Stannis (pre-Melisandre!), who is not very likeable but efficient or Tywin Lannister, who is ruthless, but highly skilled and the people in Lannisport seem to be the more lucky ones, since the war didn't came there (for now - I'm 400 pages into ADWD). And I had the impression, that Tywin isn't curel or unjust to people in his service - as long as they stay true.

If I were pro Targaryen, I would rather follow Young Griff than Dany. Dany is too unstable in my opinion and she is the kid of a madman, had a brother who was madman (and both father and brother not the harmless sort) and I would always live in fear, that she will start killing people at ransom someday soon. Of course, with the Targaryens breeding all the years with their siblings, there are bound to be mental illnesses around. At least Griff had a non-Targaryen mother ...

My favorite would be the Dorne option.

Tyrells. They seem to avoid major conflicts, and have few casulties. It would probably be best survival strategy. Also you are not way too cold or hot, and no deserts like in Dorne. They are also rich, so pay would be good.

Tho JonCon did say something about power of Highgarden not being what Tyrells think it is...

Other good choice would be somewhere in Vale of Arryn, since they remained neutral. For now.

• 1 month later...

Of Course as an Irish/Welsh descendant I would have to side with the KING IN THE NORTH!... Given that little incident in a storm of Swords my German blood would kick in. Thus I would follow the stag. Because come on how awesome are the words "Ours is the Fury!"

Doran Martell. Sit back in the warmest place in Westeros while avoiding all of the fighting? Yes please.

If I had to not be a meta coward, probably Renly, as he seemed to have the best chance to win at the beginning of the WOFK. After that I'd end up with Stannis, then die/kneel to the Lannister traitors.

Archived