Who Would You Stand With?

SingleMort

Definitely, Starks! The Kings of the North, just, fair and honorable. Well, also I like Davos and Brianne, and Reeds, also Rhaegar (if what we are told about him is truth) and his friends-kings guards, like Dayne, Hightower, even Selmy.

I would definitely side with House Stark regardless of whatever happened to them, you know they'll come come on top in the end. I would love to see an independent North free of the Iron throne. Regardless of Daenarys and her dragons. The dragons will die anyway because of the long winter.

Besides, why would I want to be ruled by a Targaryen? It only meant that if you do kneel to the Dragon Queen, all King Robb did was die in vain.The North was never meant to be ruled by an outsider.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, sorry guys, I have to go with the Lannisters, and specifically Jaime, because I think he's the AA.

Realistically, that means Jamie with one hand, the point at which he starts to change. Two handed Jamie did some foreshadowing with Cat, when he told her there was no one like him. And there isn't - the AA is unique.

King in the North. Had every right to go to war with the death of his father, capture of his sisters and I even like that he only claimed "King in the North" as opposed to the whole thing. Shame to get smoked at the Red Wedding but better men have had worse fates (aka Rickon Stark getting baked in his armor).

If I had to pick a faction that was till kicking nowadays, The Golden Company with Connington and Aegon wouldn't be a bad outfit to join. Pretty big reward if you come out on top after all of that. I WOULD join Stannis because of his sense of duty but he does sound like one of the meanest SOB (son of Baratheon) I've ever read about. No thanks.

I would stand with Starks. From the start, I simpatised with their family. So many bad things happened to them, to old Rickard Stark, to Lienna, Brandon, Eddard and Catelyn, to their kids. They had the right to be independent from Iron Throne, their family gave much more kings throughout the history then any other. Robb didn't wanted to pillage other kingdoms, he never wanted the Iron Throne, just to defend North and Riverlands.

Yeah, and my kids just love direwolves.

Deep down I really want to be a Stark...but part of me wouldn't mind being from one of the free cities as well. They seem really interesting and they have more opportunity for non-lords.

Personally I wouldn't want to be a hedge knight or soldier of any of the houses, I'd only want to be part of a house if I had a good position.

Who I'd stand with? That's a complicated question, it would depend much on the region I inhabit, which House I'm sworn to, etc. But if it was a matter of personal choice only... well, that's also complicated. As readers we have information the characters lack, so even though as a reader I support Stannis, and would support Jon Snow if he ever decided to pursue his birthright, there's no way I'd know who to side with if I actually lived in that world. Probably not the Lannisters, unless I was a noble woman in love with one of them =P The Starks, only if I lived in the North, otherwise they'd just be those people with strange habits, such as the Dornish. Daenerys and YG, I'd barely have any knowledge of them. I'm not a religious person, so it wouldn't be the Faith. So, I believe it's most likely I'd be either a Targaryen loyalist (the illusion of the good old days), or side with the Citadel, whatever decision they made.

Archived