The Video Games Thread

Raskolnikov

Also when I was in Best Buy today getting a wireless headset I saw Fallout 3 was only $20, so, despite having serious reservations about Bethesda after Oblivion and therefore have been avoiding it, I finally got it since its hard to beat that kind of price. And, unexpectedly, I'm having a lot of fun. It is basically Oblivion with guns, but it just feels a lot better (and thus far less repetitive) than Oblivion. I even had a crowning moment of awesome, and that's always a good sign for a game.

Fallout 3 was hands-down game of the year for that year IMO. It's fucking amazing. (I hated Oblivion too.)

Most people stopped caring about Duke Nukem a decade ago tbf.

Edit: also I looked at that link... looks like a very mediocre, standard shooter. Not something years in the making.

Yeah. Gearbox is developing the game. The guys who made Borderlands. I guess they started working on Duke after Borderlands...so..yeah.

But who the hell actually cares? It's going to be a game like a B-Movie from the 80's. I need that game.

Yeah, but you're biased because you're German.

Everything I've heard about Drakensang suggests it's above average to good.

You know it's not a hard thing to make a better game than Fallout 3 :P.

Nah. Kidding. Yeah it may be that I am biased. Then again, I say that the new Add-On for Drakensang is bad so uh I don't know.

Sure it's not as good as - well let's say BG - but it's fun.

Also, I did not buy too many games in 2008 It's possible that I listed Drakensang due to that fact.

Oh just out of curiosity. There is a English Version of that game? Awesome. Never thought that a German VG would make it to the States. Unfortunately Radon Labs (the guys who made the game) went bankrupt. Bigpoint bought them. :worried:

You mean apart from stuff like X: Beyond the frontier, Far Cry or Crysis?:P

Egosoft has only had very limited success with the X series in the states, due to lack of a publisher :( I always try and get Americans I know from various forums into this series but yea they pretty much can't find them state side, alas. Though I think XBTF and X-Tension were published there, so you're right there ^^

X is certainly internationally successful though, just lacking a publisher in the US.

You mean apart from stuff like X: Beyond the frontier, Far Cry or Crysis?:P

ETA: IIRC the Battle Isle series was also internationally successful.

I forgot about Far Cry and Crisis, because somehow, I never actually played those games :P

I am a heretic, I know.

Oh and Battle Isle? Never heard of it. I was a puppy back then :)

Oh and Battle Isle? Never heard of it. I was a puppy back then :)

Then go forth and download a copy. Don't dare come back until you have finished it!

And also History Line, which I remember being particularly difficult. In fact I'm pretty sure I never finished it.;)

ETA: And Crysis and Far Cry are pretty damned good shooters, with Far Cry having the longer single player campaign while Crysis boasts superior gameplay.

Yea I'm mostly talking about actual boxed copies, and previous experience in general (relatively X3 hasn't been on Steam THAT long).

Also you won't be able to get the X Superbox on steam.

Morgana is for a day or two still.

It seems like other teams are kicking my butt all of a sudden, when I'm used to doing the butt kicking. Might've been a string of bad partners, but it took 4 games to get my daily bonus win tonight, which was shameful.

Otherwise I'm coming to about 4000 IP, so I am gonna be getting a champion soon. When the new free set comes out I'll pick 1 - 2 more to learn, and then buy after that I think. Tried playing some practice games with other champs this week, but I just LOVE the way Teemo can stealth and nutshot champions. Fighting melee is absurdly fun. I am squishy enough to be pretty gankable when the packs come though.

Any suggestions on champ buys? I am considering Gangplank if he isn't free next week... Also I played Amumumu one time and was thoroughly intrigued.

I feel like we are spoiling the VG thread, but I'm not convinced LoL warrants its own thread... Yet. Sounds like more boarders should take it for a test drive this long weekend!

Archived