The Long Price Quartet

Migey

I'm pretty excited. I've finally decided that THIS is going to be the next fantasy series I read.

You have no idea how momentous this decision is. I've been rereading and rereading the Dune series and Bakker's PoN, et al. just waiting for something new.

/insert Snoopy Happy Dance smilie.

Enjoy :cheers:

I still haven't gotten around to reading the fourth book but based on the first three it's one of the best series I've read.

The fourth is even better. Get to it as fast as you can.

Im reading it, and it seems good, but not as good as everyone is saying :S I find the characters names a bit hard to remember, since none of them seem to have much of a personality, and the plot is hard to follow. Im a bit past the middle of the book. Can someone explain to me what happened with the girl Maj and her baby? And why everyone makes such a big deal out of the sad trade?

Its engaging, but confusing.

Im reading it, and it seems good, but not as good as everyone is saying :S I find the characters names a bit hard to remember, since none of them seem to have much of a personality, and the plot is hard to follow. Im a bit past the middle of the book. Can someone explain to me what happened with the girl Maj and her baby? And why everyone makes such a big deal out of the sad trade?

Its engaging, but confusing.

I didn't love it when I first started out -- give it time.

As far as I know if I am remembering right:

Maj's baby was forcefully aborted, essentially. No matter your thoughts on abortion, that is not a nice thing to do to an unwilling woman.

Ok, then i am right that Maj was tricked and didnt know what was happening?

But i still dont see. Whats the big deal even if a baby is forcefully aborted. its not a nice thing sure, but is it that big a deal? And whats the point of it all anyway?

Il keep reading, and who knows, mabye the series will grow on me, its happened before...

To answer your question...

The forced abortion was merely a means to an end. Heshai hates doing abortions. Seedless arranged the trick with the Galts to emotionally devastate Heshai to the point that he would lose control and Seedless would be released. Seedless gains his freedom and Saraykhet loses the source of its power. But the release part of the plan failed.

Thanks, i think i understand the why now, but what actually went wrong? Did Heshai just not lose control?

Sorry if it seems like im being a bit thick, but the book is confusing :S

Thanks, i think i understand the why now, but what actually went wrong? Did Heshai just not lose control?

Basically, yeah. Heshai was pretty badly rocked by the whole experience but not as badly as Seedless thought he would be, so he kept the andat under control.

Of course, the Andat was fine with that too.

Remember, the Andat HATES Heshai. It's part of the binding.

What the Galts hadn't realised was that Seedless would be 99% as happy just making Heshai suffer. The chances of it working didn't have to be that big since Seedless "won" either way.

I believe everything is spelt out VERY clearly towards the end, when you know who has his little convo with that other guy. So it's just a matter of reading and finding out at this point.

Also, one of the good things with Abraham is that he's not confusing, at all, his stories are beautiful because they are simple but well crafted, with great and consistent character development. (But as I said, I don't believe this style is for you, Migey, heh)

Also, one of the good things with Abraham is that he's not confusing, at all, his stories are beautiful because they are simple but well crafted, with great and consistent character development. (But as I said, I don't believe this style is for you, Migey, heh)

Agreed. I think Abraham makes great use of dramatic irony. Very little info is kept from the reader (at least in books 2, 3 and 4) but the characters have realistically limited knowledge. Events unfold with a kind of inevitability that somehow manages to maintain a lot of suspense.

Well ive finished book 1, and towards the end of the book i found everything got a little bit better, but stillslightly confusing. Im going to buy the next book and see how it is.

Well ive finished book 1, and towards the end of the book i found everything got a little bit better, but stillslightly confusing. Im going to buy the next book and see how it is.

Glad you are enjoying it more. The series gets better and better as it goes. I'm almost done with book three and all I gotta say is.....WOW. The shit hits the fan in the third book.

I liked the first three books very much and it is true the series is getting better and better.

By the way, does someone know when the paperback of The Price of Spring will be published?

I liked the first three books very much and it is true the series is getting better and better.

By the way, does someone know when the paperback of The Price of Spring will be published?

Tor is not printing TPOS in Paperback.

Archived