Upgrade Downtime

Ran

Apologies for the downtime, everyone. We are now upgraded to IPB 3.1.1. You may notice that there are some things that are new, and some things that, well, don't quite look right. It will take a good deal of time for us to fix this, because we have a lot on our plates.

However, it'll go faster if, when you spot something wrong, you post the following in this thread (please do not use PM or e-mail):

1) A link to the page where the problem exists.

2) A clear description of the problem.

3) (Optional) A screenshot, uploaded to some image hosting site like Imageshack and linked here.

Thanks for your understanding and help!

The skin I get on my mobile device (iPhone) is nigh unusable. The interface is much cleaner, but the navigation is awful. Things like there is no jump to a page option within a thread, things like that. Can you set the default skin back to what it was before the upgrade.

Not at this time, at least. If Invision changed their default skin, I can't do anything about it unless some else creates a replacement.

Consider checking out the official Invision app, or Tapatalk, discussed here.

There is a 'view topic preview' button appearing in the far right of the topic area (to the left of the started by field). It only appears when you mouse over the thread title box. The actual icon is a broken jpg picture. IE white box with red x in it. When scrolling with the mouse wheel the first turn moves the page down, the next moves the preview button down, then the page, then the button etc... This doubles the required turns of the mouse wheel to scroll down the page. Moving the mouse will also move the preview icon to the correct spot if you move it over a thread title area.

This only happens in ie8. In firefox there is no button at all for thread previewing.

When I used the search function, it came up with the threads containing the words I searched for, but didn't include any preview of the post or any indication of what page on the thread the words I was searching for would appear on.

When I used the search function, it came up with the threads containing the words I searched for, but didn't include any preview of the post or any indication of what page on the thread the words I was searching for would appear on.

Me too. I'm using Firefox.

The update seems to have broken Tapatalk. When I try to view the forum, I get:

Same for me, but only under latest posts view. When I swap to forum view, either by directory or by name, it works okay. This latest version of the software has been more crash-prone for me, but I think that's the client and not the plug-in.

I've noticed a few missing images and wonky divs under windows ff and ie, but most noticeably the latter. If you need the info, I'll gather descriptions/screenshots/version info when I'm back on a laptop.

Same for me, but only under latest posts view. When I swap to forum view, either by directory or by name, it works okay.

Oh, thanks for the tip. When I saw the error under latest posts, I just assumed the whole thing was broken. Thanks for that.

Thanks for the reports, folks. Keep them coming. A lot of the stuff is related to the CSS for IE and the regular CSS, and those will take time for us to merge in the 3.1.1 changes (like the Topic Preview button). But Tapatalk, that I think I can update.

Updated to the latest Tapatalk server software. Let me know how it works.

If anyone tries Invision's Iphone app for the board, let me know if that one is working correctly as well. Not strictly sure I've configured things right.

I'll look into it further as soon as I can.

Re: Search, yeah, they've made it rather pointless with the standard search. If you use the advanced search form, it works better.

Okay, it looks like Tapatalk needs to update the server plug-in for IPB 3.1.1. As of the 30th, they said that hopefully it'd be ready in a week. So, thanks for your enforced patience. ;) I will check Tapatalk's site daily for the update.

I don't know if this is related to the upgrade or not, but when I start a new topic in any subforum, it doesn't let me to use the Rich Text Editor.

More info:

1. RTE works when I reply in a topic (both fast reply and full reply).

2. I use Windows 7 and Chrome (latest version - 5.0.375.99). When I use IE 8.0, it works fine (both for replying and starting). I don't know abut Firefox since I don't use that anymore.

3. I checked my settings and the option to use RTE is checked. Even there, it says that it should work on Chrome.

4. All the options are there on the button menu of the editor (Fonts, Sizes, Bold, Links, etc.) but when I click on them nothing happens.

Oh and another thing. When I try to left-justify my sig (as it was before the World Cup madness), it does it in the editor, but it reverts back after saving. (Btw, doesn't work in IE either.)

Archived