World of Warcraft

RaceBannon42

Speaking of.

I set up PowerAura on my enhancement shaman to alert me of Maelstrom Weapon stacks and about Shamanistic Rage cds. That helped a lot. Now I just have to watch Stormstrike, Lava lash, earth/fire shock, and Fire Nova.

Also, is Flame Shock better than Earth Shock for enhance? I'm guessing yes since we got that talent that plays with fire crits. But the tick is longer than the cd on the skill. So am I supposed to alternate between Earth and Flame shock to avoid clipping the dot? Or would I not care?

Or maybe I am just not meant to melee. I was doing only 3.8k dps in a 5-man (5.3k gs). :-p

Speaking of.

I set up PowerAura on my enhancement shaman to alert me of Maelstrom Weapon stacks and about Shamanistic Rage cds. That helped a lot. Now I just have to watch Stormstrike, Lava lash, earth/fire shock, and Fire Nova.

Also, is Flame Shock better than Earth Shock for enhance? I'm guessing yes since we got that talent that plays with fire crits. But the tick is longer than the cd on the skill. So am I supposed to alternate between Earth and Flame shock to avoid clipping the dot? Or would I not care?

Or maybe I am just not meant to melee. I was doing only 3.8k dps in a 5-man (5.3k gs). :-p

ENH dps isn't amazing in 5 mans in my experience.

Also you should use FS yes. Use FS whenever your old FS dot wears off and use ES when your FS is still ticking.

I made it to lvl 38 with my dranei hunter and completed the Stronghold Stockades dungeon. I hated the dungeon for the sole reason that every single enemy including bosses run away with about a quarter health left. It got really dull chasing those guys down. I'm thinking of soloing Blackfathom Deeps next.

In general as long as you arent clipping more than 1 tick of Flame Shock its a dps increase. I've got a macro that alternates between the 2.

Enhance suffers in 5 mans for a couple reasons. As a hybrid we benefit from just about every raid buff. Melee haste, spell haste, spellpower, ap, crit, its all good for us.

Also stuff dies so fast, and you are moving so much you really never get a chance to ramp up. When we get a chance to stand there and dps we can bring it pretty well. But we are a very proc dependent class. WF and Maelstrom Weapon procs make or break our dps. Any time off target is just lost chances for procs. If a rogue has 5 seconds off target hey its time for energy to regen so they can unload massive damage. Enhance is a ramp up class. Thats not even counting moving out of range of magma totem or fire elemental. Target switching just kills us in general, and if you are bad like me than its even worse. I can pull nearly 17k on Saurfang, but on Proffesor P I'm lucky to be half that.

In general as long as you arent clipping more than 1 tick of Flame Shock its a dps increase. I've got a macro that alternates between the 2.

Enhance suffers in 5 mans for a couple reasons. As a hybrid we benefit from just about every raid buff. Melee haste, spell haste, spellpower, ap, crit, its all good for us.

Also stuff dies so fast, and you are moving so much you really never get a chance to ramp up. When we get a chance to stand there and dps we can bring it pretty well. But we are a very proc dependent class. WF and Maelstrom Weapon procs make or break our dps. Any time off target is just lost chances for procs. If a rogue has 5 seconds off target hey its time for energy to regen so they can unload massive damage. Enhance is a ramp up class. Thats not even counting moving out of range of magma totem or fire elemental. Target switching just kills us in general, and if you are bad like me than its even worse. I can pull nearly 17k on Saurfang, but on Proffesor P I'm lucky to be half that.

Yeah basically what Race says. The best I pulled before I quit was on an 11 second Loken kill with bloodlust, dogs, and all other cooldowns pre-popped. ^_^

You mind sharing that macro? Right now I have Flame Shock bound to 4 and Earth Shock bound to 5, and I try to alternate between the two. But if I can do it with 1 button without thinking that'd be much better. :)

Its like your all speaking another language.

By the by, anyone of you RPG geeks try your hand at Lord of the Rings Online? I've tried WOW, and never felt much for it, even after several attempts, but i've always been a big fan of LOTR. Anyone here play it?

I just started a couple of nights ago. Enjoying it a great deal so far, but I am a huge fan of LotR so I might be a bit biased. Free to play also, can't beat that. Reminds me of DAoC, just with free movement. I also could never get into wow.

Its like your all speaking another language.

By the by, anyone of you RPG geeks try your hand at Lord of the Rings Online? I've tried WOW, and never felt much for it, even after several attempts, but i've always been a big fan of LOTR. Anyone here play it?

I'm a huge Tolkien nerd, but I could never get into LOTRO. I've tried 3 different times and can't make it passed level 7.

Well a couple people I know said the same thing. I don't know what it is exactly. Might be that I haven't played an mmo for almost 2 years. Whatever it is I'm having fun. Guess I will have to give it a few weeks to see if I still feel the same. If not I might give warhammer another try. The free trial has been amusing.

Our Shambler tank fell asleep at his keyboard right before raid last night, so we couldnt do HLK. Ended up going back to Ulduar to get Alone in the Darkness. I gave the head to our Raid Leader. There needs to be some reward for all the crap he puts up with. :P

Still thats yet another lost night on HLK tries. Not that many left, and I hate to lose them.

My hunter is now up to lvl 44 and the game is starting to get better. I just got a faster mount, the griffon travel has opened up to make long travel easier and quests are starting to vary up a bit. Just did the sea monster attack in Theramore and wished there was more quests like that. I'm now planning on a dungeon tour of Blackfathom Deeps, Razorfen Kraul, and will find a group for Uldaman, Zul'Farak, and Mauradon.

I also plan on doing the Explorer Achievement before Cataclysm arrives. So far I've got 13 out of 70 zones complete. It will be close.

Anybody got anything interesting going on lately? I really can't wait for the 4.0.1 patch to go in. Mostly I just want to get the new talent trees injected into the current raiding scene to see if that makes things any different. I think everybody is tired of Icecrown Citadel. We've been trying to get some 25 man stuff going just so everybody in the guild can feel included but unfortunately that means including like 8 people who aren't very good. 2.5 hours to get six bosses isn't fun when those six bosses are the lower spire and Festergut/Rotface. So it goes.

Not anything much interesting here TBH. Was on vacation, with laptop, so had an enforced break from raiding since the portable won't cope with raiding. Now that I am back, I don't feel particularly enthused at the thought of getting back into the raid timetable. Brewfest and Hallow's End seasonal bosses daily for Frosts I can just about manage.

I haven't been up to anything interesting either. Mainly grinding BGs with my super-dooper sub spec. Made a Shadow Dance macro so I can spam it for 3 ambush and 2 Evis every time. Sadly it's not enough to kill anyone :dunno:.

Nonetheless, its still awesome seeing big numbers before some pally comes and two shots me :). BTW is it bad that I ran away from a tree defending a flag by itself on Arathi? :worried: The bastards are impossible to kill :(

nothing really interesting going on...less than 80 quests away from Kalimdor Loremaster, which is the final one I need. Wife and I are gonna be transferring my pally & her mage to my brother in laws server to actually get to play with him. getting "talked to" tonight because the 10 man we have had a raid leader with the audacity to make a change in the people in the group in order to try making progress and downing LK. Not really related to the server transfer, but helps me feel even more comfortable with it.

Archived