World of Warcraft

RaceBannon42

Guardian of Cenarius is awesome, but I don't have it. I'm proud of my Kingslayer title, but I rarely use it since a) it's overused and B) it seems smug. I like "of the Ashen Verdict," despite how easy it is to get, so I wear that a lot; I'm also fond of "of Sen'jin" on my rogue since with his name it sounds very good to my ear -- "Adom of Sen'jin."

For holidays, once I got them I'd wear them for a day or so and then change to one from a different holiday.

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-general/9644349.htm

This was back in the day, when Blizzard CM's would talk to people on a regular basis. Tseric (and Masterlock) actually joined my guild for a bit, but never leveled past level 10. At the time of that posting, I believe my guildtag said <Baal's Wet Tabard Contest>.

Then they fired Tseric, Coriel left, and Nethaera banned me from the forums. I imagine, for whatever reason, they implemented a new policy where people weren't allowed to have fun on their forums anymore. Drysc replied every now and then, but yeah, he wasn't active.

On the name Cenarion Circle Jerk - that guild name was first conceived by some dudes on Burning Legion when our server went to war with the server Cenarion Circle. We'd all make lvl 1 alts and shit and just constantly spam them and try to crash their server. Because RP servers are for nerds.

Ooh found dis:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=12021552

That's the <Baal's Wet Tabard Contest> guild name I had at the time of my banning. I actually did meet PALS4LIFE in BG's after that thread. Never saw Leeroy, but my Warlord Group got ass-raped by them. They were wearing full Naxx, while we had no-where near as many guys in Naxx gear, as my server's instability had caused us to lose several major raiding guilds when transferred opened.

Hey, new Raid Lock-Out system is announced. It's really cool! You don't get locked unless you kill a boss now (so you can zone in and do 100 attempts and not get saved unless a boss dies). You can switch between any raid ID you feel like, at any difficulty level, so long as the new Raid ID has downed as many or more bosses as you. And the raid ID is shared between 10 and 25, so you can do part of it on 25, part on 10 and then back to 25 if you so choose.

And then they are applying it to ICC and RS, thereby ass-fucking the raiding community right now.

Yes, it's all very flexible ... unless you do Hard Modes. In which case, you get locked into a single ID for the week. That's single, for both 10 and 25. At the same time.

Does your guild do Hard Modes in 25? Well, your never doing a 10 man Hard Mode again!

Hey, new Raid Lock-Out system is announced. It's really cool! You don't get locked unless you kill a boss now (so you can zone in and do 100 attempts and not get saved unless a boss dies). You can switch between any raid ID you feel like, at any difficulty level, so long as the new Raid ID has downed as many or more bosses as you. And the raid ID is shared between 10 and 25, so you can do part of it on 25, part on 10 and then back to 25 if you so choose.

And then they are applying it to ICC and RS, thereby ass-fucking the raiding community right now.

Yes, it's all very flexible ... unless you do Hard Modes. In which case, you get locked into a single ID for the week. That's single, for both 10 and 25. At the same time.

Does your guild do Hard Modes in 25? Well, your never doing a 10 man Hard Mode again!

WTF? So you can only do heroic encounters in either 10 or 25, but not both, even though ICC was designed to drop different loots in 10 vs 25?

That will also mean the flexible raid lock is useless because most everyone now does at least 1 or 2 heroic (lootship + marrowgar) encounters for the better items. But in this system, the heroic encounter locks the instance down, so it's like it's not a flexible system at all. I guess in that way nothing has changed?

WTF? So you can only do heroic encounters in either 10 or 25, but not both, even though ICC was designed to drop different loots in 10 vs 25?

That will also mean the flexible raid lock is useless because most everyone now does at least 1 or 2 heroic (lootship + marrowgar) encounters for the better items. But in this system, the heroic encounter locks the instance down, so it's like it's not a flexible system at all. I guess in that way nothing has changed?

Well, it'll work great for Cataclysm, where Loot and Achievements are the same between 10 and 25.

It's applying it to stuff in WOTLK, where neither Loot nor Achievements are the same that is brain dead fucking stupid.

Well, it'll work great for Cataclysm, where Loot and Achievements are the same between 10 and 25.

It's applying it to stuff in WOTLK, where neither Loot nor Achievements are the same that is brain dead fucking stupid.

It's even more insulting that Cataclysm isn't out yet. Even Blizzard realizes that ICC is deader than dead so they're willing to screw up the last couple months of raiding it. Yet they're Blizzard so they're also incapable of releasing anything in a timely manner but still expect people to continue their subscriptions. They also refuse to give a release date for the expansion because they know everyone would cancel their accounts until that time.

Hopefully one day there will be an MMO good enough to cause their ridiculous business practices and disdain for their customers to bite them in the ass.

Or they aren't announcing the release date because they aren't sure when it is yet?

Or because they wanna do it at Blizzcon?

And seriously, you think Blizzard has disdain and ridiculous business practices?

There's nothing ridiculous about not rushing a product out and if you think this counts as disdain, you haven't had much experience with disdain.

Or they aren't announcing the release date because they aren't sure when it is yet?

Or because they wanna do it at Blizzcon?

And seriously, you think Blizzard has disdain and ridiculous business practices?

There's nothing ridiculous about not rushing a product out and if you think this counts as disdain, you haven't had much experience with disdain.

Collecting a monthly subscription fee and not releasing any new content for over a year seems pretty ridiculous to me. Not to mention holding off on features that they could've/should've implemented ages ago. Horde side on my battlegroup we've still got to deal with a 20-30 minute wait at any of time for the day for a BG.

Horde side on my battlegroup we've still got to deal with a 20-30 minute wait at any of time for the day for a BG.

There's absolutely nothing Blizzard can do to fix that bro. Seriously. If enough cowardly Alliance don't queue, you aren't gonna have instant queues. Even with universal-BG's, there's still going to be long wait times for one of the factions. Back in Vanilla, Horde had less than a minute queues, and Alliance had queues of 20 min - 1 hr. Population imbalance isn't no-where near as bad as then, thanks to Blood Elves, but it's all about the numbers of people in the queues. If Horde got instant queues, then Alliance will get long queues, and vice versa.

And SOE is a far, far worse company than Blizzard will ever be.

You should definitely quit then, if you don't feel that Blizzard is releasing content fast enough for you; almost certainly their content won't go any faster. especially for PvP.

I hear the queues for halo:reach are pretty fast.

The queues will obviously improve when the lift the battlegroup restriction for matchmaking. I'm sure there are battlegroups where the situation for the Alliance is just as bad. The only question is why they haven't done this months ago.

The queues will obviously improve when the lift the battlegroup restriction for matchmaking. I'm sure there are battlegroups where the situation for the Alliance is just as bad. The only question is why they haven't done this months ago
Because of latency and server issues. It's much, MUCH better to do it in smaller groups that are more geographically located to their servers than it is to do one central server. Think lag is bad now? Wait till 400,000 players all log in and they try and do the matching against everyone together on that 'battlegroup'. It's a very, very hard networking problem, and there's a reason that literally no multiplayer game does anything REMOTELY like this when determining who you play.

And before you say 'what about starcraft', it doesn't either; the higher tiers are on totally different servers from the lower tiers, and the lower tiers have significantly more server groups than you know. It's also a peer to peer game, which warcraft is not technically.

The queues will obviously improve when the lift the battlegroup restriction for matchmaking. I'm sure there are battlegroups where the situation for the Alliance is just as bad. The only question is why they haven't done this months ago.

Probably because it requires colossal amounts of effort.

Kind of pissed that the 10/25 man raid combo is getting applied to the last couple of months of Wrath raids. We've been trying to keep our 10 man teams progressing, while doing some 25 man stuff mostly for fun to have everybody doing something together, and now that's totally screwed.

If they didn't want people doubling up on the instance they should have just put that in from the beginning so people wouldn't be having their habits thrown into disarray with two months left in an expansion.

My hunter finally hit lvl 50 and I decided to do the Ragefire run. I got killed 8 times but got in and completed it in about 15 minutes. Seeing as how Cataclysm is coming out on December 7th I'm just going to wrap up all the classic zones, dungeons, and raids. Then I'll try to finish The Burning Crusade content. I problably won't even start the WOTLK content until after the expansion hits.

I finally hit 80 the other day. I'm not much into achievements... but I realized that I'm not far off from completing the Loremaster achievement (after I wrap up WotLK anyways) so I might try to knock that one out.

At this point, who doesn't? Have you heard how their CEO wants to sell you cutscenes?

That's Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision and noted douche-bag extraordinaire.

This is like blaming the CEO of the ABC network for the writing in the Lost finale.

Archived