The Death Penalty

MinDonner

C-Span isn't supposed to be entertaining. C-Span is supposed to faithfully convey what the legislative branch is like. The legislative branch is arcane, useless and boring. C-Span is arcane, useless and boring. I submit to you that they do their jobs perfectly.

Well, it is obvious that the free market will naturally provide the most efficient method of administering the death penalty. I'm sure we'll see schtick and gillette competing and thriving in the potential guillotine market. It is only a matter of time before the five-bladed guillotine three turbo is released, making half-headings and mass guillotine execution bottlenecks a thing of the past.

Well, it would only help curtail obesity in the criminal population. I don't think we want that -- if anything, we want criminals to be the obese people. It's pretty hard to steal shit when your top speed is 0.3 miles per hour.

Maybe the Rollerball thing isn't such a good idea.

Sort of like the Food Network meets the Running Man, maybe? I like your creativity, but I really do think that we need to stick with sure-fire winner entertainment standbys like deathsports and deathraces and deathcourses. Such things are assured ratings hits, and they are also less offensive to the malnourished poor of America.

I'm disgusted and appalled. Only people living in the affluent comforts of the first world would come up with an execution method by overeating. I think we need to stick conservation friendly, greener methods.

Sorry, but we are unique snowflakes, and that sounds suspiciously like long-haired-freaky-people hippy talk. In the new America, long-haired-freaky-people will be executed by long-hair guillotine amputation.

This is at odds with our stated goal of immediate execution.

Ah, quite right. I veered off topic, and you have made me see the error of my ways ...

I'm disgusted and appalled. Only people living in the affluent comforts of the first world would come up with an execution method by overeating. I think we need to stick conservation friendly, greener methods.

Whatever... Comrade Notions.

It almost goes without saying that the penalty should be abolished. The potential for a miscarriage of justice is simply too grave.

Take, for example, that ludicrous scenario involving Ghana at World Cup 2010 - the Uruguayan guy should clearly have been sent off and a goal instantly awarded, without need for a penalty. :leaving:

Archived