The Death Penalty

MinDonner

Who knows what crimes they might commit before they slow down? Every moment they speed exponentially increases their guilt and endangers the lives of other citizens around them. If you are in a car with a speeder, or worse, are a speeder yourself, you have given up your right to life with the danger you have placed your fellow Man in.

As is speeding on the highway. Dilemma: Shoot the drivers while they are going 75 in a 65 zone, or wait until they pull over? If they have passengers, it could be dangerous. On the other hand, passengers are accessories.

Two problems with shooting them mid-drive:

1. The vehicle will be out of control. This may pose a danger to other drivers or even pedestrians who haven't done anything criminal. That you know of. Yet.

2. Potential collateral damage from missed shots.

Two problems with shooting them mid-drive:

1. The vehicle will be out of control. This may pose a danger to other drivers or even pedestrians who haven't done anything criminal. That you know of. Yet.

2. Potential collateral damage from missed shots.

On the other hand, out of control vehicles could eliminate undiscovered criminals in a minority report-style preemptive police strike

Will those be public?

Naturally.

Also, speeders tend to speed because people nearby are speeding. This will discourage group-speeding due to traffic peer-pressure. People will slow down as not to be near speeders, unless they have a death wish.

I guarantee you that Monday Night Executions would make a killing in the ratings.

Why should we let the private sector reap the rewards without pitching in? I think proceeds need to go to the general budget, or else the private sector needs to work with us as a partner and invest money and manpower.

EDIT: This could singlehandedly revive PBS.

Public programming? I think not. In the spirit of Americanism, the free market will determine which execution program will reign supreme.

Touchè. :bowdown:

And I guess it is within the American spirit to capitalise on such an opportunity for free market competition.

I predict a gradual growing in complexity and method of execution, followed by the triumph of the "Reality" Execution Show that dispenses with the elaborate set ups and simply brings in criminals, after catching them on camera, for abrupt and harsh justice. Complete with real time interviews of the criminals, victims, family members, and bystanders at every step of the way, of course.

Archived