Soccer #23

Renasko

Interesting tidbit I've just read.

Real Madrid has never won on San Siro.

That will change tonight. Looking forward to seeing Real play.

Don't call me British :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

not cool.

It's the Sunderland thing, mate. :lmao:

Eh, what's the biggest away win in Champions League?

Marseille set the new record by beating Zilina 7-0 tonight. Not sure what the record was before that.

Watched the Real-Milan game. It wasn't the best. Madrid should have hammered them. Milan used every trick in the book and got lucky.

All the other Irish people on here support British teams too....and a lot of non-Irish and non-British people.

ETA: British?! I support an Irish club. Don't know what you're talking about. ;)

since partizan qualified, watching champions league matches has been hell

tv stations have to show their matches because partizan has a lot of fans which is ok but partizan shows absolutely nothing worth seeing so watching those games is pure agony

Hmm, scanning the list of UEFA cup games on tonight, can anyone see a game worth watching? None really seem appealing.

PSG-Dortmund seems the obvious choice to me, but I'm somewhat interested in German and French football. And I'd like to see PSG lose.

Really? I missed that development. What'd they do?

Well, after dissolving the main supporter groups at the end of last season, PSG's president decided to force a random seating in Parc des Princes this season, effectively ending any form of organized supporter groups. Since then, the guys who were in the groups are boycotting the games.

The affluence to Parc des Princes has decreased greatly, but on the plus side, PSG seem to play with way less pressure at home this year than they have for many years, which is something the fans are not really happy about...

How can anyone not enjoy an irony-giggle at the Moldovan mafia's bankrolled team losing?

Eh?

Don't know much about the club, to be honest. It does amuse me they have a Brazilian on their books called Jymmy Dougllas França.

I've often wondered why PSG isn't more dominent in French Football. They're the only team in Paris (right?), so they should have a huge catchment area and a big fanbase. Yet, it looks like they've not won the league since the early nineties. Since I've been watching professional soccer, that league has been all about Lyon, Marseilles, and Bordeaux.

Eh?

Don't know much about the club, to be honest. It does amuse me they have a Brazilian on their books called Jymmy Dougllas França.

There's a very good reason for the Brazilians, the same reason as why a small club in Transnistria spent a number of years with the only stadium in the whole of Europe that complied with every single UEFA safety regulation. :rolleyes:

On the topic of French football, I've often wondered why Monaco aren't more dominant, given the money swimming in Monte Carlo harbour.

And Gerrard FC Liverpool go from 1-0 down to 3-1 up in the space of one half...!

Archived