Diablo 3

jurble

• 9 months later...

First is annoying (wee, no gaming during internet outages!!!), second is fine with me, third is ... intriguing.

Maybe we here can segue our D3 addictions into profit?

I'm trying to decide how excited I should be about Diablo 3. The auction house and DRM doesn't bother me, but I feel like I already scratched the Diablo itch with Torchlight not too long ago. I also have Titan Quest sitting in my Steam account from a random sale if I ever want that kind of gameplay.

But, Blizzard games are such an event it seems like madness to pass it up. Maybe I'll be able to get it on a Black Friday deal. On Black Friday in 2007, I picked up Orange Box for 25 dollars, perhaps the best deal ever! :wideeyed:

I'm trying to decide how excited I should be about Diablo 3. The auction house and DRM doesn't bother me, but I feel like I already scratched the Diablo itch with Torchlight not too long ago. I also have Titan Quest sitting in my Steam account from a random sale if I ever want that kind of gameplay.

But, Blizzard games are such an event it seems like madness to pass it up. Maybe I'll be able to get it on a Black Friday deal. On Black Friday in 2007, I picked up Orange Box for 25 dollars, perhaps the best deal ever! :wideeyed:

Come on now. You know you'll play it. Torchlight is fun and all, but this is Diablo. ;)

The link between real-world money and in-game money has always been seen as Fraught with Peril. I'm curious to see how this works for Blizzard -- the next frontier in games, or a fractally clusterfucking clusterfuck... Probably both.

Come on now. You know you'll play it. Torchlight is fun and all, but this is Diablo. ;)

Yeah... you know it will have an incredible level of polish even if it's not particularly innovative. It will likely be impossible to resist with all my RL friends picking it up.

So I saw that announcement and thought to myself, "they can't possibly be legitimizing the chinese gold farming, can they?"

Yup, looks like they certainly can be. This will not end well, methinks.

We're all farmers now! :cheers:

It's not like they could ever stop it, legitimizing it helps prevent players getting scammed etc and allows blizzard to take a cut of it rather than eBay or whoever. I can see why they made a decision and don't have a problem with it.

Now if they started selling items directly (ie items that someone hasn't had to farm up in game) that's a different story, but I can only see them doing so for vanity items which is ok.

That's good news.

Well, don't take my word on it. I don't know for sure, I'm just making an educated guess, though I'm probably right. ;)

I've never been able to justify paying a monthly fee on a game that I had to purchase in the first place.

Servers, bandwidth, and customer support staff cost money.

That's good news. I've never been able to justify paying a monthly fee on a game that I had to purchase in the first place.

I don't think that was ever even a real consideration, regardless of these new AH developments.

Archived