Aussie LII

brook

Did I mention that I will actually be in the States for the tv premiere. Complete coincidence. Now I have to organise myself and find some Mericano BwBers with whom to watch the show!

You lucky thing!

Funnily enough I will be over seas when this happens, so I won't get around to reading it until around August.

They have bookstores in Europe too.

How sad is it that I already checked that the release date is a tuesday and did a happy dance because tuesday and wednesday are the days I have the least amount of children and the most time to read :)

If it comes out mid-week, then I'll be taking leave to read it as soon as possible. I wouldn't be able to work, what with having stayed up all night to read anyway!

^Dont want to detract from the god sized post; but Australians, you disgust me.

For years and years you have kept hidden away comedy-duo, Hamish and Andy. I watched a YouTube clip and then started to devour as much as I possibly could of these guys - and I couldnt help but think "WHY THE FUCK ARENT THESE GUYS MORE WELL KNOWN!".

US comedy is slowly killing me - its the same shit over and over again, and its tiring. These guys have surpassed others in their field by radio show alone, it is ridiculous.

PS: I am up to "Fully Franked Tour for one night Stalonely" segment in the podcast. Genius stuff :bowdown:

They are very funny at times, but I don't think they really stand out over other comedy shows. By that, I mean Australian comedy shows. Well some of them, we have shit comedians too. I don't find David Letterman funny, and we had a program like that called Rove and Rove wasn't funny either, but Hamish and Andy started out with a segment on Rove and they were the only funny thing about it.

If you want the pinnacle of humour, you should watch some Olympic commentary by Roy and HG.

For years and years you have kept hidden away comedy-duo, Hamish and Andy. I watched a YouTube clip and then started to devour as much as I possibly could of these guys - and I couldnt help but think "WHY THE FUCK ARENT THESE GUYS MORE WELL KNOWN!".

US comedy is slowly killing me - its the same shit over and over again, and its tiring. These guys have surpassed others in their field by radio show alone, it is ridiculous.

PS: I am up to "Fully Franked Tour for one night Stalonely" segment in the podcast. Genius stuff :bowdown:

:lol:. Of all things Australian to fall in love with, did it have to be Hamish & Andy? You could have had the good taste to go for Vegemite, the Great Aussie BBQ or the Boxing Day Test Match...

On a more serious note, have to agree with morningsword that Hamish & Andy aren't really the best of Australian comedy. 12th Man all the way for mine :thumbsup:.

Morning sword I think I will be busy travelling or recovering from hang overs, no time for reading. But it's alright, ive waited this long, 2 more months isn't going to phase me.

I actually like Hamish & Andy. I think personalities like that need to start somewhere and they definitely have great chemistry together, the only thing I really miss about commercial radio is listening to them really.

:lol:. Of all thing Australian to fall in love with, did it have to be Hamish & Andy? You could have had the good taste to go for Vegemite, the Great Aussie BBQ or the Boxing Day Test Match...

On a more serious note, have to agree with morningsword that Hamish & Andy aren't really the best of Australian comedy. 12th Man all the way for mine :thumbsup:.

Are you sure it's wise to recommend cricket comedy? Unless of course Bronn is God is a Pom...

Personally I would recommend listening to Carl Barron, the bloke cracks me up. But he might be an acquired taste.

BTW Pax you obviously have made an impression on me - poor old Stubby was lumped in as a Freo boy. Thankfully he sorted me out quick smart ;)

"He's gone, piss off, you're out, yeeesss!"

I love Hamish and Andy, but I think their style is different to 12th Man (who was funnier about 10 years ago - my favourite was all those Sri Lankan name pronunciation lessons "Ikeepmyteeth Inajarbesidemybed" ... Hamish and Andy are more impromptu and therefore more silly, whereas 12th Man is scripted and recorded so bound to be a bit more polished and clever.

But the funniest thing you could ever hear, cricket-wise, is Kerry O'Keefe's laugh. It is hilarious.

I don't care that it's only pre-season: GO BOMBERS!!!!

xx

But the funniest thing you could ever hear, cricket-wise, is Kerry O'Keefe's laugh. It is hilarious.

If by "hilarious" you mean "creepy and fuck off insane" then I agree with you.

They are very funny at times, but I don't think they really stand out over other comedy shows. By that, I mean Australian comedy shows.

Cant really comment on other Australian comedy acts since I dont know too much about them (except Umbilical brothers who I thought werent that good), but as far as H&A go, their brilliance comes from their special segments and ability to inane, yet amusing conversations, over and over again. I wouldnt classify them as stand up comedians though.

What is especially stunning is their achievements over radio(US radio shows either dont use comedy, or just suck at it, again dont really know about Australia).

Another thing is their comedy is fairly universal. I have only been to Australia once, and even then, I had "the tourist experience", yet the comedy comes through very naturally to me.

What else do I love about Australia: Pavlova's, sausage rolls, the fact that no one knows what Fosters is, 'mate' every third word, the beauty of the country, etc. Heck, what is there not to love about Australia?

What else do I love about Australia: Pavlova's, sausage rolls, the fact that no one knows what Fosters is, 'mate' every third word, the beauty of the country, etc. Heck, what is there not to love about Australia?

Heh, looks like we can officially welcome you to these threads as an honorary Aussie :cheers:.

@Luce: I kinda forgot that you were an Essendon fan. Now I'm disappointed in you all over again :ohwell:.

As for 12th Man, my fave has always been from the Sydney Olymics take-off that Birmingham did:

And in third and fourth places are the Vietnamese duo - Yoo Pak Shit and So Do Yoo.

Hamish and Andy hidden? They were on the Graham Norton show not that long ago (an English comedy variety show, in case you didn't know). Yes, they are hilarious, though Hamish is way funnier than Andy.

And good to see you back, Paxter. See you at the next meet-up hopefully. :cheers:

And good to see you back, Paxter. See you at the next meet-up hopefully. :cheers:

Hopscotch Unicorn? You do realise that you're already listed in my phone as Screaming Turkey and there's no escaping your original (admittedly shite) username? You may as well bite the bullet and revert back :whip:.

But yeah, I might be able to get to the Sydney meet-up this year, just need to wait on my working dates for this semester to be confirmed.

Found out my aunty is getting married the day of the Sydney meet. Just thought I'd let you guys know you are coming before her. :)

Well, with the divirce rate at 40% there's a chance you'll get another invute ;)

;)

Bronn it is simple Americain humour is an amusing statement worth a smile but thats normally it. Aussie humour makes you think and often has multiple possabilities so it tends to crack you up

Hopscotch Unicorn? You do realise that you're already listed in my phone as Screaming Turkey and there's no escaping your original (admittedly shite) username? You may as well bite the bullet and revert back :whip:.

But yeah, I might be able to get to the Sydney meet-up this year, just need to wait on my working dates for this semester to be confirmed.

Aww, I actually liked that name. I couldn't retrieve that account for some reason though, so I became a unicorn.

Archived