More Impressions on Game of Thrones

Westeros

Regarding the lack of colour in the series:

I was a little disappointed to at first to see that the character would not be wearing their house colours all the time, complete with doublets/surcoats with their sigils displayed. I think that this would have helped a lot in keeping characters straight in the minds of people who have not already read the series. Lets face it, there are going to be a lot of characters introduced over a (relatively) short period of time. And you won't have the constant reminds or appearence to name that the book provides.

However, as I thought about it more in my head, picturing each character dressing in the same vibrant colours each day started to make it look like the early 1990s movie Dick Tracy, where the characters were always dressed in bright blues, greens, reds and of course yellows. I sometimes wonder if the seriousness of the series may have been dimmed a bit in the face of the bright costumes of the houses.

Just something I thought of...

So on the HBO site game of thrones they have several pics one of these is Arya training with a curly haired man with a wooden sword. Who is this guy I don't remember her training with anyone except Forel and he's supposed to be bald did they change the character?

I remember the actor talking at one point about trying out a bald look for Syrio. From the fact that he's blatantly not bald in the picture, I assume they decided it didn't work, presumably as it's tricky to hide that amount of hair under a bald cap and him shaving may have effected his ability to get other roles.

Did anyone read the book multiple times and still not remember that Syrio is bald until it was mentioned here? That is one detail that kept escaping me each reading. I love the curly hair sported by the actor that plays Syrio, so I'm glad they didn't try to make him bald. Not everyone can carry off that look as well as, say, Patrick Stewart.

Syrio's bald head probably made a lot of people sort of hope for Patrick Stewart, somehow, and so they remembered it. But yeah, it's about as important as Syrio's very large nose, which is to say, not at all. Love Miltos's very curly hair, he'll certainly stand out as "exotic". :)

Archived