Upcoming Cover Art III

Cantabile

Yep. Can't wait until Tor releases them as physical books. They have to be planning to after AMOL is published.

Well then I hope some new-readers will enjoy those when they buy the physical books.

Unfortunately for me I already own the Orbit editions :(

Yep. Can't wait until Tor releases them as physical books. They have to be planning to after AMOL is published.

Hopefully not... :worried:

Visually, the Sweet covers are so closely linked with WoT that it wouldn't feel right to do that. Especially since many of the new covers kind of suck.

Patrick

Hopefully not... :worried:

Visually, the Sweet covers are so closely linked with WoT that it wouldn't feel right to do that. Especially since many of the new covers kind of suck.

Patrick

Yeah, some of the new covers are much better, some are okay and a few (though admittedly not many) are worse. In some cases the art is good, but the scene is really painful (like the Banamarama pop video cover for Path of Daggers, which just looks silly although the actual artwork is okay).

WoT Art-Off, Part 1 (Books 1-7).

I concluded that Sweet's artwork for The Eye of the World, The Dragon Reborn and A Crown of Swords is superior to the new stuff, but the new ebook covers for The Great Hunt, The Shadow Rising, The Fires of Heaven and Lord of Chaos are much better.

What's this one about?

its the 6th book in The Dread Empire series, set a few years after All Darkness Met ( the final book in the A Cruel Wind omnibus which is freaking awesome ). An Ill Fate Marshalling comes after it, but the manuscript for the final book, The Wrath of Kings, was stolen and never completed.

I believe he is working on it now though, titled A Path To Coldness of Heart ( his titles kick ass btw ).

There is also a picture of the new cover for An I'll Fate Marshalling on Nightshade books catalog, coming in December.

Covers dont get much better than that. Raymond Swanland is amazing.

http://www.nightshadebooks.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=219

Archived