How do you want Cersei to die?

crispy

In all honesty, I don't want Cersei to die. I think it would be great if the person ruling the Westerlands at the end of the series was the widowed, childless, bitter, crazy Cersei Lannister: burner of cities and killer of Kings. It would make for a great legend. 

I will be upset if it doesn't happen like that. It fits so perfectly for me. It's not a vicious murder, but a tragedy.  

Agreed I really love this idea!

In all honesty, I don't want Cersei to die. I think it would be great if the person ruling the Westerlands at the end of the series was the widowed, childless, bitter, crazy Cersei Lannister: burner of cities and killer of Kings. It would make for a great legend. 

It would make a great story, but her still a futile ruler. She has no idea of how to rule and especially not of how to keep peace. She is greedy and vicious and not just at all. 

Well Sansa is promised to Joffrey for quite a while, which makes her one of the most important lady at court. But even if you consider than back then she was still a child , a while later (in ASOS) she mention grown men looking a her in a "sexual" way, but it is never said that her beauty becomes the gossip of all the red keep. When Dany's beauty becomes the gossip of the whole world. 

Because there is nothing to gossip about, anybody in the Red Keep with a pair of eyes can see Sansa, it's hardly gossip to discuss her beauty.  Dany the Dragon Queen on the other side of the world?  Of course she is called beautiful, the only other option would be hideous.

Because there is nothing to gossip about, anybody in the Red Keep with a pair of eyes can see Sansa, it's hardly gossip to discuss her beauty.  Dany the Dragon Queen on the other side of the world?  Of course she is called beautiful, the only other option would be hideous.

I agree. I think Sansa as the younger and more beautiful Queen is a bit more likely, since she is the exact counterpart to her. Targaryen Queen wouldn't be such a surprise, but Sansa, whose been an ultimate traitor in Cersei's eyes would be most possible.

Also: Sansa was married to Tyrion who could of course be the Valonqar. That'd add even more irony to her death, just to make it a bit more brutal

I would rather see a pitiful, humiliating demise that would turn her into the laughing stock of future generations than a grand death of any kind.

Cersei hurt so many people and is so obnoxious and annoying that she shouldn't have a dignified downfall. Not after the indignities she subjected so many people due to her pettiness and narcissism.

I love Cersei. The day she is killed the series will lose an almost irreplaceable force. I hope her demise isn't till the very, very endgame because it's just not going to be as fun without her dark plotting and over the top capacity for cruelty. If I had to choose, I guess her going out burning half of Kings Landing to the ground sounds kinda fitting. http://youtu.be/a3Q3wwRAGiw

Probably tyrion killed her. Jiame is possible but he only had one hand. It is kind of hard to choke her throat, I guess.

Tyrion is the red herring. I'm convinced that it will be Jaime. Valonqar means "little brother" and Jaime came into the world holding Cersei's foot. His golden hand is wide enough to hold cups so its wide enough to wrap around a throat, or press on it enough to be affective. 

• 7 months later...

I don't want her to die, rather to be left powerless and live a long life at Casterly Rock a changed person. Perhaps having her arc conclude with some semblance of self-awareness and redemption. Don't see how that can happen though if her children are still alive. Through Tommen she still has influence, and she loves to influence others and play 'the game' too much. If Maggy the Frog's prophecy is about physical death rather than leaving an old self behind courtesy of "the valonqar", and I believe Jaime to be "the valonqar" here, imho in a nostalgic moment of intimacy between Cersei and Jaime, having Jaime strangle Cersei while she fatally wounds him with a dagger, leading to his death soon after would be one way I see her dying. The twins leaving the world together.

1. Shot by Edric Stone while sitting on a pot.

2. Being eaten by Nymeria.

3. Having an arranged accident by the power-hungry Bronn.

Well, that was silly, but I really want her to pay for her harming actual innocents and not for infidelity and/or regicide via judgment of some repulsive religious fanatics.

Archived