Videogames

Nakkie

Yes; they can only do this if you are in Body Form, not Soul Form, which you only recover after killing a boss. If you don't want to deal with it, you can suicide in the Nexus without affecting your world tendency. Just jump off a high ledge.

Ah I'll see how it rolls; I'm not in Body Form yet, and probably won't be for a while, so it's not an immediate concern. That said, it'd be fun to experience it at least once. Then, if it annoys me too much, I can take a long walk off a short ledge. XD

Yeah. It's not a huge deal if you die, and it is pretty satisfying to fuck up some jerk who came in to kill you -- but if you lose, your World Tendency goes down. It's not generally a problem but if you are trying to min/max everything so you can do things that only happen at particular World Tendencies you'll need to keep it in mind.

To be more precise, dying in Body Form anywhere but the Nexus lowers your World Tendency, not losing invasion duels specifically.

The best is when someone invades, and accidentally dies to the environment before you even see them. :)

Gave up on Fallout: New Vegas for awhile to try out Crysis 2.

I was absolutely impressed within five minutes. I've only played an hour or so, but this is how FPS's should be made. I spend half my time looking around, everything is just so fucking cool.

I picked up the current Steam Weekend Deal, which is Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition. A friend from another forum taught me the ropes, it's a blast. For those unfamiliar, it is -- and I am completely serious about this -- football meets Warhammer, played as a violent board game. Teams can be made of several races, each of which has it's own advantages. It is super ridiculous in a lot of ways, but it is fun and $10, and I don't even like football. Recommended.

I'm pretty much addicted to watching Yogscast now, I've watched most of the Survivor Island one and the whole Magicka bit with Total Biscuit. They're very entertaining to watch.

"Ooooooooooh. Aaaaaaaaaah." Gotta love Simon.

"Thats a lovely everything you have there"

I love the yogscast. I laugh harder at that then I do at a lot of sitcoms. The Magicka series was great, simon is so bad at the game and then suddenly busts out with a massive spell, that kills them all. Its great.

Homeworld 3 would be amazing...as long as it is done right. The Homeworld games are probably my favorite series of games ever.

Still playing the hell out of Bad Company 2. I have tried all kinds of other multiplayer FPS and nothing even comes close to the fun of this game. Nothing even close.

Bring on Battlefield 3!

I just finished Dragon Age 2, it is definitely worth playing, but not as good as the Origins... But at least your character actually talks rather than stare lifelessly at the characters they are talking to... But, definitely recommend playing it :)

Awesome. A restart using a Royal sounds like a plan then. Maybe I'll come back to Hunter when I'm feeling a little braver. That said, I'm a lousy archer on Oblivion as well, so perhaps I'm just not destined to use a bow. XD And Tower of Latria? Sounds ominous.

Yeah, I learnt rather quickly that just running at them, waving your sword around like a feather duster just wasn't the way to go. :P It's requiring more strategical thought than I usually put into games, which makes a refreshing change. But I was struggling a little too much right now with Hunter. As said, I might come back to it, but right now, the deaths are simply part of the game, something I accept, learn from and move on from; I don't want it to get to the point where they're so frustrating I stop playing and right now with the Hunter, I think it might go that way.

I've also read other people say that the Mage is a beginners character too. Basically the more up-close and personal you have to get with the harder enemies the more difficult the game. The slowness of dodging with heavy armour (and the stamina sapping) really makes the Melee (STR) build a toughy.

I bought the special Black Phantom edition when it came out, complete with walkthrough and item/weapon guide and other handy hints. Along with some nice artwork and a CD of the music (though the music CD isn't much to listen too outside the context of the game.

My first play through was as a thief. Though I massaged his stats virtually into being a Royal in the end. Still not good enough to kill False King Allant through magic, but the magical protection spells certainly made meleeing him with the up graded Cr Falchion much easier. Killing the Dirty Colossus with firestorm was just ridiculously broken, but satisfying. As was killing the Leechmonger using fire arrow.

I played the whole game in soul form (while online), wearing the Cling ring. The few times I tried being in body form I got my ass handed to me by and invading black phantom. It's a royal pain in the ass, however when you do get invaded it certainly sets the heart to racing. The only gaming experience that's come close to the intensity of being invaded in DS, for me, was the first time I had to fight the nemesis in RE3, and some scenes in Heavy Rain.

Black world tendancy makes the enemies stronger, but you do yield more souls with each kill. So, as long as you get the white world tendancy events (easiest way is to do them offline right after you've killed the boss demon in that level) doing levels in black(er) world tendancy is a bit more rewarding.

In Deomn's Souls the idea isn't to avoid dying per se, but to avoid dying a second time before you recover the souls you lost from your first death. But even that's not a big problem because there's always plenty of opportunity to farm souls.

Some friends are trying to get me to try Rift, but I have so many other games to play on my STEAM list that I don't know if I can afford another MMO....

plus it would eat into my Minecraft time...

I picked up the current Steam Weekend Deal, which is Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition. A friend from another forum taught me the ropes, it's a blast. For those unfamiliar, it is -- and I am completely serious about this -- football meets Warhammer, played as a violent board game. Teams can be made of several races, each of which has it's own advantages. It is super ridiculous in a lot of ways, but it is fun and $10, and I don't even like football. Recommended.

Just remember to keep Nuffle on your side at all times, and remember if your playing Skaven if it can go wrong it will and in the most horrible way possible.

I played the whole game in soul form (while online), wearing the Cling ring. The few times I tried being in body form I got my ass handed to me by and invading black phantom. It's a royal pain in the ass, however when you do get invaded it certainly sets the heart to racing. The only gaming experience that's come close to the intensity of being invaded in DS, for me, was the first time I had to fight the nemesis in RE3, and some scenes in Heavy Rain.

Invasions can be fun. It depend on who you get. Sometimes you'll get a person who's just looking for a good, clean fight. Sometimes you'll get an ass that has delevelled just to fuck up other peoples games.

I loved Demon Souls, definatly one of my top 2-3 games on the PS3. I played throughout the game mostly in soul mode. Mainly due to 2 factors. 1. Died a lot. 2. Was horrible at PVP. I got demolished so much during an invasion I just started to run around as a soul.

There was one time, I can't rememer the level, but its a stair case with the dragon kinda standing over the door and shooting fire. Anyway once you get to the doorway you can stand under the dragon and shoot it and kill it. I can't remember exactly but I know I was doing this with the lowest level magic bolt type spell(soul arrow maybe) which was taking forever. I saw the guy who invaded me coming at me, but he stopped and waited for me to kill the dragon before destroying me. It seemed like it took forever, but I thought that was cool of this guy.

can anyone recommend a good L.o.L. guide for a beginner? Gracias.

There isn't one, the only good beginner LoL guide is playing with people you know and having voice communications, and accepting that you will be bad when you start and for some time afterwards. Add me if you want, same in-game name.

Archived