NBA

Relic

They have pretty consistently been a better regular season than playoff team, but who knows. If I were them I think I'd have a bit of "we're the 3rd seed in the West and we get rewarded with this?"

I agree, Portland is a tough draw, but none of the teams above the Blazers are any easier (maybe the Nugs, but that's debateable). The West has gotten much shallower this year. The last few years, it was common to have 9 West teams post really solid regular seasons. This year, there were only six. A lot of talent has moved East.

The seedings worked really well for Lakers. Do they even need Bynum to beat NO?

Memphis clearly didn't mind playing San Antonio in the first round. Their subs almost spoiled the plans though by making a late charge against the Clippers. I wonder what the coach was thinking. "Uh oh...We may actually win this game. Who should I take out now?"

I'm really torn about the Bulls. From a franchise standpoint the Bulls have always been the great Nemesis, and their victories usually came at the Knick's expense. I'm not a Boozer fan but how can you hate on D-Rose and Noah? Rose was asked about the MVP after that last televised game and he just completely blew it off like he didn't care and MEANT IT. He is so fucking locked in...you have to respect that.

Anyone up for a Fantasy Playoffs game? There's one on NBA.com that I quite enjoy here. You pick one player every night for the duration of the finals, with the caveat that you can't pick a player more than once. Means you've got to predict who's going to make the finals and save players from those teams accordingly.

I've created a league called "Westeros". Password is 'wintercomes'.

ST

Well, THAT was a close one. :wacko:

Looks like it's gonna be a tough day for the favorites. The Bulls have to turn the jets on to squeak a win out in the last minute and now Miami is down 12 to begin the 2nd quarter.

Amazing how Dwight Howard's situation is playing out just like LBJ in Cleveland.

He is an MVP on a team of washed up overpaid scrubs like Arenas and Turkuglu.

Howard is gone after his contract is up if Orlando doesn't trade him this summer. I don't blame him.

I don't blame him.

I call it the Vince Carter effect. That was a terrible move. The Lewis contract was a killer too. Arenas looks SO bad it's hard to believe he was ever a starter, let alone an all star.

When Orlando signed Lewis somebody on ESPN had a breakdown saying that there were some five basic rules to follow as an organization pursuing a free agent (things like "don't overpay for a guy you know you're going to get"), and they said that Orlando broke all five of them in that signing.

Portland just had a ferocious comeback to make this interesting. Please God, give me a sign that you exist.

I think that was Simmons.

Portland is cramming the ball into the hoop. All those lob passes suit that team perfectly. Interesting game, not as fun as the Bulls/Pacers which was the best game of the day. Can't wait for tomorrow. STAT and Melo!

Doris Burke is the best analyst at ESPN other than JVG

EDIT: I would be pretty happy if I was Portland, Kidd won't keep shooting that well.

I cant stand Jeff Van Gundy. One, check his credentials, a coach who never made it out of the first round.

Then as a Nuggets fan it is hard to watch these national telecasts where no matter if they are winning, or losing, all the announcers are talking about is the other team. And JVG is one of the worst when it comes to this.

I cant stand Jeff Van Gundy. One, check his credentials, a coach who never made it out of the first round.

Dude what are you talking about? He has made the second round as a Head coach 5 times, once making it to the finals, another time the conference finals. He didn't make it out of the first round in Houston.

*weeps*

Yeah, Kidd had a great night. We stormed back, but it was one of those cases where the effort to make the comeback left us gassed at the end. We are still in this one if we can keep our head's up. It ought to be a pretty evenly matched series, but we're very much the underdogs after losing game 1.

Aldridge is good.

it's funny, after watching that game last night it seems to me that the two teams are opposites of one another. Most the blazer buckets in the 4th quarter came inside the paint, most of the mavs shots were jumpers. Blazers def have an advantage in that regard.

Archived