MMA 12- Toad Style is immensely strong and immune to nearly any weapon...

Horus Ex Machina

Shamar Baily or something. Yeah, I was pretty happy about that decision. He should have just banged with him and he probably would have won. Chris Cope just has his chin way up in the air and his hands down low, his TD defense was pretty awesome though.

WRT Chael, I like him. He was dealing dirty in his business life and got what was coming to him but he can back up all the crap that he talks....as long as his opponent doesn't go for a sub.

Only if he is on test and his opponent is not.

You're aware that he's been using that his entire career, right?

ETA: Entire career may be an exaggeration but he's been testosterone therapy for a long time.

Shamar Baily or something. Yeah, I was pretty happy about that decision. He should have just banged with him and he probably would have won. Chris Cope just has his chin way up in the air and his hands down low, his TD defense was pretty awesome though.

I was very surprised at Shamar and JDS reaction to the decision. I thought it was a pretty clear victory form Cope. The only thing Shamar did hold him against the cage, but Cope was punching him in the head while he did it, so it was pretty much a stalemate. Then in the second round when Cope realized Shamar couldn't take him down he let his hands go and just peppered him at will.

Also enjoyed the end there when Shamar tried to spin it to Dana like "See, I was showing you I'm not just a wrestler". To be fair to Shamar the whole "WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!" thing would get pretty annoying.

Yeah, him spinning it to Dana was classic. "I can do more than just take him down". "Uh, you tired to take him down but you couldn't."

Seriously, when did it become okay for guys on TUF to go up to Dana and make excuses? At this point in their careers, I can't imagine any of these fighters making it in the UFC at 170 or 155.

Yeah, Cope definitaly won that fight.

I only say Sonnen was de facto retired because for whatever reason his manager was saying that if his licence was revoked he'd probably retire. One wouldn't think being out for another year would determine it but who knows why Sonnen feels that's the case. If I were him I'd just spend that year working submission defence. Oh, and you should be able to get a couple good cycles in while your not subject to Commission testing too.

I think that was Dana that said that. Just found the quote below, but I'm not sure if Chael is just making shit up.

"If I don't get my license today I'm effectively retired. That came from the boss, Dana White."

You're aware that he's been using that his entire career, right?

ETA: Entire career may be an exaggeration but he's been testosterone therapy for a long time.

Yep, he's been using test his entire career. That's sorta my point.

ETA: I'm pro-steroids. I just think he is abusing the current system to get an edge. He can legally take a little, so he takes a lot and uses the fact that he can take a little as an excuse.

UFC 130 is coming up this weekend. It lost a lot of shine with the injuries to Edgar and Maynard, but there are still some interesting fights on the card. I like Rampage to win with a UD, and Nelson to get the TKO over Mir. Don't really have a strong feeling about any of the other fights on the card.

Just watched this interview of Seagal taking credit for Machida's kick. I love this guy, he may be delusional but he seems to genuinely believe his own myth, there's something awesome about that.

"Machida is like a son to me, so is Anderson, we worked very hard on that kick for a long, long time." LOL

I know it was years ago, but a much smaller Nelson already beat Mir on the ground. This has all the makings of a great fight, but it's a real tough one to call imho.

Dos Santos couldn't finish the guy on the feet, so I don't know how sure it is that Mir will destroy him there. That being said, I have a tough time picturing Nelson just destroying Mir anywhere either. I'm thinking some good back and forth action is in the cards. If forced to put some money on it, I gotta go with Nelson. When both guys land with big power, I'll go with the guy with the cement chin.

It wasn't great. Co-main and Main events were pretty onesided beatdowns but not super exciting. I enjoyed Rampage but felt he could've been a bit more aggressive. There was a lot of booing but thats always when they go to vegas..

Archived