MMA 12- Toad Style is immensely strong and immune to nearly any weapon...

Horus Ex Machina

In a world where Matt Serra can beat GSP, Jake Shields can too. That being said, it is so unlikely I don't see it happening. I would take Fitch and probably even Kos over Shields. GSP is faster and stronger. His wrestling has been light years ahead of everyone he has faced. His striking is vastly superior to Shields. I just don't see a likely path of victory for Shields, aside from a luck blow of some sort.

Me too! Cross your fingers for me, I'm looking for a ticket. Got paid, have a buddy already driving up, so if one of these ticket deals ends up being legit I'm gonna be there. 55K crowd! I've got to check this out if I can.

Pulling for Homonick although I realize it's the long shot. He's as close to a home town boy as I have. I've met him and he seemed like a real nice guy and people I know who know him all say the same thing. Won't really hear me chear too loud for the rest of the London crew. By all accounts Sam Stout and Shawn Thompkins are just about the biggest couple of pricks you are ever going to meet and even baby face Hordecki there has a chip on his shoulder. If I had the power to choose one but only one of the two Canucks to win in their title fight Saturday, I'd actually choose Homonick, which says something, considering my present moniker. On the other hand, if I had to put money on one and only one of them winning their fights, I'd take GSP. I will be biting my nails that whole fight though, because I do agree that Sheilds is GSP's most dangerous fight in a long time. Shields is a bad ass at MW, and he's sure no joke at WW.

I don't know if it's a sure thing to say that about a guy who took down and dominated Dan Henderson as well. I've speculated that Shields is in a bad matchup myself, as his American Jui Jitsu style is highly reliant on dominant positioning, which happens to be one area of the game in particular that GSP has shown an ability to control in dominating fashion. But then I think of the Henderson fight, bite my nails, cross my fingers for 'my fighter' and hope I'm right. We'll see Saturday.

I don't see how Shields is GSP's "most dangerous fight". People have been saying this about every one of his defenses for the past couple years. Shields doesn't have any impressive MMA wins, and he only occasionally finishes fights. He will have to be pretty outstanding to take GSP in a decision - who has been putting out 5 round clear decision wins for 3 years now. GSP is notoriously cautious and has incredible timing; he will control the fight. If Shields wants this, he is going to have to work for a good take-down, followed by a quick submission.

I will not be surprised with a 50-45 GSP decision.

I don't know if it's a sure thing to say that about a guy who took down and dominated Dan Henderson as well. I've speculated that Shields is in a bad matchup myself, as his American Jui Jitsu style is highly reliant on dominant positioning, which happens to be one area of the game in particular that GSP has shown an ability to control in dominating fashion. But then I think of the Henderson fight, bite my nails, cross my fingers for 'my fighter' and hope I'm right. We'll see Saturday.

I've consistently underestimated Shields, but the law of averages says I have to be right eventually.

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got myself a ticket!

Probably the worst seat in the house for the price I paid (the one I could afford), but fuck it, I just have to be there for the atmosphere at THE sell out crowd in the organizations history. First big show in my home Province, headlined by a fighter I've been following since his days in TKO, a hometown boy on the co main event, and purportedly the last fight of Randy Couture! I'm soooooooooooooo stoked!

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got myself a ticket!

Probably the worst seat in the house for the price I paid (the one I could afford), but fuck it, I just have to be there for the atmosphere at THE sell out crowd in the organizations history. First big show in my home Province, headlined by a fighter I've been following since his days in TKO, a hometown boy on the co main event, and purportedly the last fight of Randy Couture! I'm soooooooooooooo stoked!

You can't see shit in the ring unless you're in the best seats down near the floor. I bet the Rogers Center in particular will prove this true. On the other hand, they are always excellent with their displays/audio and you'll get to experience the atmosphere!

You will also get to see Bruce Buffer's ridiculous introductions. PPV television is incapable of transmitting the true extravagance of his actions.

I'm positive you'll have a great time. :thumbsup:

I realize I'm destined to watch the fights on the jumbotron or what have you. That being said, I fully intend to just soak up the atmosphere, Buffer's sillyness and all.

I'm about to head out to my buddies to drive up to the City now.

Can't wait, heee heeee!

GZZZP. I am not impressed with your performance.

At least ppl are being consistent. When Anderson has a win like this ppl start losing their shit all over him. GSP has comparitively gotten off soft. Now ppl seem to be giving him a bit of the Anderson treatment, though it's probably bc of how hyped this thing was.

However fans need to realize how difficult it is to look like a worldbeater every time out in this sport and continue to win at the same time. Dominance cannot happen when you're throwing caution to the wind every time out. It might get you a good gaggle of fans, but it will also shorten your career and your earning potential while you're at it. GSP did what he had to do.

while i can see why people are critical of GSP for not finishing fights i think a lot of criticism has to go towards his opponents as well. people seem terrified of him, he doesn't need to finish them, if they want the title they need to try and take it off him.

machida's kick was awesome, reminded me of when everyone thought he could rule for as long as he wanted. could his style be the answer to jones, or is jones far far too big for machida?

while i can see why people are critical of GSP for not finishing fights i think a lot of criticism has to go towards his opponents as well. people seem terrified of him, he doesn't need to finish them, if they want the title they need to try and take it off him.

machida's kick was awesome, reminded me of when everyone thought he could rule for as long as he wanted. could his style be the answer to jones, or is jones far far too big for machida?

but everyone is all over anderson and his opponents largely did the same thing

i dont think machida would be the answe to jones. just too big and too strong

Lots of sick knockouts on that card. Including awesome pre-fights. I bet you had a great time, GSP.

That being said, I wasn't impressed with GSPs "apologies" at the end. When you beat someone who has been undefeated for 6 years, I find it disrespectful to talk about how disappointed he is in his own performance. Everyone knows you're the boss, GSP, but don't take victory for granted. Two guys we're in that octagon.

Archived