MMA 12- Toad Style is immensely strong and immune to nearly any weapon...

Horus Ex Machina

I don't believe Shields is a better fighter than Diaz. Not for a second. Nick is as deadly on the ground and far more well rounded imho. Even his ground game is more well rounded. Sheilds is a Devil from top position, but Diaz is just as threatening from the bottom and has a pretty damned good top game in those odd times he ends up in top position too.

Diaz definitaly has a shot. He'll get dominated in the wrestling aspect of the game, but your not out of the woods to get Nick on his back. On the feet, he has a huge reach advantage iirc, and the people who've been claiming all along that he's a pillow puncher are off their rocker. He's got pep in his hands, and far more important, the skills to keep landing good ones. How is Diaz not the most credible threat to GSP's belt in his last six matches? I expect GSP will win, but will be biting my nails during this one. Diaz is a credible threat at mw for crying out loud.

If Stego's right and GSP just smokes him, I'd have to suspect it's time for the Superfight (Assuming a Silva victory againts Okami. That is not a given imho). I'm just not seeing much in the line of credible threat and marketable fight at ww. Alves keeps dropping fights so he won't get a shot. Nobody I know wants to see a Kozcheck III, or a Fitch II. Condit might be a good one. Perhaps I'm overlooking someone.

Yeah, I got Jones every day of the week in that one too. A friend of mine just saw him attending some fights he was at in London Ontario. He could not get over what a scarily huge man Jones was. The same buddy and I went to a Chuck Lidell meet and greet and we thought Chuck looked huge for a guy who can cut down to 205 lbs. Jones is in another category altogether evidently.

Rampage had better get his notoriously lazy ass in gear for this one.

I got JDS, but I agree, epic HW title fight in the making. Both guys are serious bad news.

Well, at least Carwin got o prove he has chin and some cardio to go with it now.

Maia has looked better every fight on his feet, but he looked down right excellent in round one against Munoz imho. If he keeps roundinng out, he's going to become a serious MW wrecking machine.

can't wait for Overeem/Werdum this weekend

Alistair always seems super confident.

I got Werdum. He has been fighting better competition for longer. My prediction is a plodding 5 round affair, as Werdum takes Alistair down almost at will. Alistair will be unable to get his knees and boxing going.

I also got Barnett over Rodgers, 1st round Sub. Rodgers is in over his head in this one.

At will? Really?

I got the plodding decision with Overeem unable to get knees and boxing off. Surprisingly Werdum seemed to be hitting with cleaner strikes, but Overeems power more than made up for it.

I also didn't understand Overeems posturing. He dumped Werdum and then acted like he was frustrated with Werdum being on the ground. If you don't want him there, stop tripping him.

Well, Werdum vs Overeem was a pretty garbage fight. Not very impressed with Overeem, he looked sluggish and in the 3rd round I thought he was getting outstruck. I don't know if I see him winning this tournament, and I'm pretty sure either Junior Dos Santos or Cain Velasquez would handle him.

Add Frank Mir, Carwin, and Lesnar to that list. I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Mitrone or Roy Nelson beat him too.

I got the plodding decision with Overeem unable to get knees and boxing off. Surprisingly Werdum seemed to be hitting with cleaner strikes, but Overeems power more than made up for it.

I also didn't understand Overeems posturing. He dumped Werdum and then acted like he was frustrated with Werdum being on the ground. If you don't want him there, stop tripping him.

I think he trips him just to get out of the clinch where he could get taken down himself.

But yeah pretty disappointing fight. Guess Overeem preferred to play it safe..

Weird. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case... After the Chael Sonnen thing I'm sure Dana wouldn't mind firing somebody like that to make a statement. It's weird to me how it happened so close to the fight though, but I guess that's just how it happened.

Kongo vs Barry..

Edit for ridiculousness. Did anybody see this fight? It almost looked staged. Crazy comeback.

Ah, thearopeautic hormone exemption issues. Essenially Marquardt got Sonnen'd except that the commission is clear that he was on board with his paperwork the whole time and never tried to hide anything. He took some bad advice from a health care provider who wasn't qualified in such matters an ended up not getting off the therapy as soon as he could and consequently his testosterone levels did not lower down to the level needed to be cleared to fight.

Essentially, while nowhere near as morally culpable as Sonnen, he got a main event cancelled with his screw up and thus the axe. Feel kind of bad for the guy. Didn't see that last card (man, wish I got to see the main event), but I suspect a fight between Marquardt and Story would have been more exciting than what went down from the way the forums are griping.

Archived