MMA 12- Toad Style is immensely strong and immune to nearly any weapon...

Horus Ex Machina

Hammill was embarrassing. He didn't put any real effort into any of his takedown attempts. I would not be surprised to find out he had some broken ribs or something coming into the fight.

As it was, he did not deserve to be in the same ring as Rampage. (Who could have finished it.)

Mir destroyed Nelson, on the feet and on the ground. :D

Stann looks great at middleweight. Browne will not be able to compete with the elite in the heavyweight division. Nelson, for instance, would knock him out easily.

It will be another GSP five round snoozefest. They will box and when GSP gets the upper hand for long enough, Diaz will try to pull guard and GSP will avoid it and Diaz will lay on his back for 20 seconds until Herb Dean makes him stand up.

Repeat.

Yawn.

It will be another GSP five round snoozefest. They will box and when GSP gets the upper hand for long enough, Diaz will try to pull guard and GSP will avoid it and Diaz will lay on his back for 20 seconds until Herb Dean makes him stand up.

Repeat.

Yawn.

But it's the only fight at ww that even remotely makes me care. Plus GSP is still weak with his defensive boxing and Diaz is long and can put punches together. I know I want to see it.

But I agree, it's more than likely to be a snoozer. GSP will be cautious and won't expose himself too much. This likely came as the reality of the difficulties and issues involved in setting up Silva/GSP became a reality for DW.

Repeat.

Yawn.

I don't think I've ever seen Nick Diaz pull guard, ever. It's really not his style. I've seen him completely outclassed on the feet and he still stood and traded blows. I don't see him winning the fight (or heck, even a round), but I don't see him butt-scooting either.

Cynics.

This one will be a wicked fight. Diaz is a stone serious threat at ww. My guy's got his work cut out for him.

Two of my favourite fighter in the cage? Perfect!

I think the fight to make would have been Diaz vs Hardy. The shit talking leading up to the fight would have been epic. Diaz is the perfect guy for Hardy to get under his skin. If not that how about Diaz vs Alvez? The problem is this fight just delays, and possible endangers, the GSP/Silva fight that is begging to be made.

I don't think I've ever seen Nick Diaz pull guard, ever. It's really not his style. I've seen him completely outclassed on the feet and he still stood and traded blows. I don't see him winning the fight (or heck, even a round), but I don't see him butt-scooting either.

I agree. That's not Diaz' style at all. Not one iota. Nick Diaz will tell you himself that his fighting style is called "I ain't no bitch!" The one thing I will say is that I feel that Diaz is the superior overall striker right now. GSP will make his bones on the ground almost exclusively.

Diaz is overrated and will be embarrassed.

And he will try to pull guard. I would bet on it.

I think there is a confusion of language going on here. When I use the term "Pull Guard" it generally means that move where a guy who has been unsuccessful taking their opponent down, and is getting beat up on the feet badly, jumps onto the opponent and wraps their legs around their body, and tries to pull them to the ground.

I think what you are referring to is if (when) GSP takes down Diaz will Diaz keep GSP in his guard and work for subs.

Scenario 1, where Diaz jumps on GSP in gay bear hug and tries to pull him down on top of him, I don't see happening and would bet it won't.

Scenario 2 where Diaz works for subs while keep GSP in his guard and getting elbowed in the face, I could totally see happening.

Diaz is in no way shape or form overrated. I wouldn't put my money on him winning the fight, but I'd bet the house he doesn't get embarrased.

GSP hasn't embarrassed anyone in many years. That's not exactly going out on a limb.

Diaz is incredibly overrated. That will be proven out if he is in the UFC now. Watch and see.

Diaz will not be in this fight with GSP. Not for a second. GSP plays it too safe and Diaz wins on aggression and self confidence. He will have no confidence against GSP, as he knows Shields is a superior fighter to him, and he knows GSP handled Shields easily.

GSP hasn't embarrassed anyone in many years. That's not exactly going out on a limb.

Diaz is incredibly overrated. That will be proven out if he is in the UFC now. Watch and see.

Diaz will not be in this fight with GSP. Not for a second. GSP plays it too safe and Diaz wins on aggression and self confidence. He will have no confidence against GSP, as he knows Shields is a superior fighter to him, and he knows GSP handled Shields easily.

I guess I'm not sure what most people rate him so it's hard for me to say if he is overrated or not. If I were to rank him I would say he's a top ten WW, but not top 5.

ETA: I just checked the Sherdog rankings and they have him at 8. That is below Condit but above Paul Daily. Seems about right.

I guess I'm not sure what most people rate him so it's hard for me to say if he is overrated or not. If I were to rank him I would say he's a top ten WW, but not top 5.

ETA: I just checked the Sherdog rankings and they have him at 8. That is below Condit but above Paul Daily. Seems about right.

Ok, that's fair.

I was under the impression that some folks think Diaz is second only to GSP or that he even has a shot against GSP.

8 in the world in his division? Sure, whatever. An also ran.

Archived