World of Warcraft

Solmyr

Aaand finally, Staghelm down on 25 man. Sitting in front of Raggy now. About time. :) I also got my shoulders so I R happee.

Congrats! we had a wipe at 3% last night, one too many Scorpion phases and didn't spread out to make him go cat soon enough. We'll get 'im tonight.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2418-Patch-4.3-Deathwing-Transmogrifier-Void-Storage

Transmogrifier is interesting. All sensible rogues will be in tier 2. IIRC, one of the planned raids for Cata had been Kezan. So either Deathwing is on Kezan, or Kezan has been turned into a 5 man. I dunno, it might have been completely cut. Depends if the redone ZA/ZG had been always been intended for 4.1. Otherwise, the theoretical original raid plan would have been 4.1 Firelands 4.2 Kezan 4.3 Deathwing.

Kezan was never a planned raid in anything I ever heard. War of the Ancients was, however. So was Abyssal Maw.

They probably are turning the War of the Ancients into some 5-man content instead.

And with their goal being 18 months between expansions, I think they were never going to do 3 raid patches. Just wasn't going to happen.

Our first guy got the Branch of Nordrassil for the legendary quest chain tonight. That was an amusing little fight. Giant tree tanking!

Yeah that bit was really funny. Our mage got the first bit of the staff maybe ten days ago or so, think our boomkin is second on the list. Chicken tree!!

Re transmogrifier, I am soooooo excited about that and am dithering whether to sport Tier 2 or Tier 6. Do you have to have a complete T12 to implement it, or will any old gear do? If it's only Tier 12, I solemnly swear to hoard my DKP until I get that headpiece above everything else, if only to change the look of zee armour. T12 priest set looks awfully dull, with the toilet helm as the most exciting bit (sad, innit), while T2 and T6 are just so pretty. T5 is another possibility, but I actually had most of that for real, while T6 just never happened. Partly cos I never got the MH drops, and partly cos we never got far enough into BT for the rest. And did I mention pretty?

They probably are turning the War of the Ancients into some 5-man content instead.

I think they have more or less confirmed this, that WotA will be one of the new 5-mans in the next patch, located in Caverns of Time (of course).

got Staghelm last night on our 2nd pull. Should have had him on the first but one person was out of position for a scythe with a seed and blew up which chained through people.

spent about 2hrs on Rag...best was at about 56% or so. Way too many problems with adds, usually had one that was making a beeline untouched. But, atleast made progress. Now just gotta figure out the best way to get DPS spread over them so we don't blow ourselves up again.

Grats on Majordomo Greywolf! Good stuff :)

On the transmogrifier - you can turn anything into anything. It's just how much you want to spend.

That's so awesome. Like, crazy awesome. I think I might have to hoard in game gold for the first time just to make new fashion statements every day. :lol:

So, T2 or T6?

http://www.hotsdots.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/priest-sets.jpg

Thinking of transmogrifying my staff to either Priest onna stick http://www.wowhead.com/item=32344 or my fave stick which I also had for ages in Wrath and loved the look of: The Lifebinder http://www.wowhead.com/item=45479

Mt understanding is at the moment that you need to own BOTH the piece you want to transmogrify AND the the piece you want to make it look like. Which is bullcrap in my opinion. Owing to existing limited bank space, I have had to get rid of many of the pieces I would like to replicate the look of on my current gear.

And the void bank. 100g per deposit and per removal (I think)?? Sounds like it's just designed as a gold sink by Blizz. No thanks.

Attendance boss got us last night, which is ridiculous. Ended up getting Rag o 22% but brain farts and silly mistakes cost us. I forgot - on like our 8th attempt - to collapse when seeds spawn, the OT got a meteor and ran himself into a corner - just dumb things. gonna go back in on Sunday and hopefully get him down

And recruit the hell out of ranged so that we have enough on.

The Transmorgifier is definately going to lead to a return to a lot of old content, as people search for prettiful gear.

personally - for me, the big appeal is it's effects in PvP - how are you going to know what that nasty lock is wearing, and what it can do, exactly, if it's wearing whatshername's hat from SM?

heh.

Raiding. I'm not happy about this topic. Sorta. Damn guild has finally hit the point where all those damn lowbies we recruited have leveled and geared up, and want to raid. Got an amazing MT, 3 people who have lots of experience and are good RL's, 3 kickass hunters, some solid melee and casters....and on any night, 2 solid heals. Meaning I have to heal on my priest as the 3rd.

:(

I'm not an exceptionally skilled pve healer - I heal pvp. I HATE knowing I'm the weak link, and I hate I still have no choice but to take the role, and I REALLY hate the fact that nobody takes my "HEY! I'm the damn guildmaster, and if I say I shouldn't be trusted to heal this, I shouldn't be here!" seriously.

I just think it's unfair. Think I'm gonna create a rule that for every wipe on a boss, we have to do an rbg.

Having said that - Even tho the guild is running the first raids from this xpac, hardly cutting edge, it is nice to see the group come together, and to see the huge improvement between each fight.

But it seriously cuts into my gnome stomping and space-goat culling.

Meaning I have to heal on my priest as the 3rd.

:(

I'm not an exceptionally skilled pve healer - I heal pvp. I HATE knowing I'm the weak link, and I hate I still have no choice but to take the role, and I REALLY hate the fact that nobody takes my "HEY! I'm the damn guildmaster, and if I say I shouldn't be trusted to heal this, I shouldn't be here!" seriously.

I just think it's unfair. Think I'm gonna create a rule that for every wipe on a boss, we have to do an rbg.

Having said that - Even tho the guild is running the first raids from this xpac, hardly cutting edge, it is nice to see the group come together, and to see the huge improvement between each fight.

As guildmaster, you should be able to encourage others to try healing roles more often, which will strengthen your raid group and allow you to do something else. Alternaively, lead a recruitment drive for more healers.

few things I see with that...comes down to are you the best of "what's left"? if there aren't even any other healers, then you've won the lottery and are in. Also, if you know that you are going to be in because there is no one else...do what you need to improve at it - GM or no, if you're in, you're in. And on that last one...we have separation between GM and RL. I'm not the GM, he get's final say in guild matters. I'm the RL...I get final say in raid matters. if the __ isn't pulling weight in the role, help that person get better or get a replacement.

personally - for me, the big appeal is it's effects in PvP - how are you going to know what that nasty lock is wearing, and what it can do, exactly, if it's wearing whatshername's hat from SM?

heh.p

My suspicion is that any instanced PvP system (arena, bgs) will automatically turn off any cosmetic changes.

Mt understanding is at the moment that you need to own BOTH the piece you want to transmogrify AND the the piece you want to make it look like. Which is bullcrap in my opinion. Owing to existing limited bank space, I have had to get rid of many of the pieces I would like to replicate the look of on my current gear.

And the void bank. 100g per deposit and per removal (I think)?? Sounds like it's just designed as a gold sink by Blizz. No thanks.

Void storage sounds utterly useless to me. I was a bit galled to find that (apparently) it won't enable cross-realm storage/transference of BoAs, which as an altoholic I've been screaming for.

Void storage sounds great. Storing old sets that I keep around as trophies? Or storing all the holiday crap? Totally fine. I've got about 50 slots worth of random things that I very rarely need to get or never do. Sounds fine with me.

I guess the notion that they're giving ways to customize appearance being bad (because you have to own the thing you're switching to) and giving more space options (because it's not easily just drop and go) as bad is insane to me. They're giving 80 more slots of space! They're allowing you to switch to the best tier set you own always! How are these things bad?

What is your healing setup? I've healed PvE on a priest since TBC so if you need a helping hand I'll be happy to help in any way I can. (Not trying to be overbearing or anything, I always like discussing priest stuff :) )

I guess the notion that they're giving ways to customize appearance being bad (because you have to own the thing you're switching to) and giving more space options (because it's not easily just drop and go) as bad is insane to me. They're giving 80 more slots of space! They're allowing you to switch to the best tier set you own always! How are these things bad?

Ya, I tend to agree with this. If needed, I don't mind going back to get a couple of extra bits. Might be nice to grind out the last bit of rep with Ashtongue deathsworn and what not for me, and maybe some other stuff, too.

Archived