[Book Spoilers] EP104 Discussion

My favorite episode so far. They finally get into some history so I can stop explaining it to all my family and friends. Seriously, mother's day dinner was a Westeros history lesson tonight!

I didn't feel rushed for the first time. I was really happy about the three-eyed crow dream. I'm glad Ghost made an appearance but you don't AT ALL get the inseparable connection thing which sucks. I love Sam, Gendry, Hodor, and The Mountain!!!

I'm happy!!!

Loved every minute--seeing it finally come to life. But as always, so fast, so freakin' fast! Tyrion and Bran's saddle, bang, zoom, here and gone.

Yay, Ghost, we got Ghost!

I like Sam, pitiful, but smart, likeable.

And how about badass Jon? No emo Jon here...

To be honest I wasn't a big fan of the episode as a whole. It was a bit too exposition heavy, but I guess that can't be helped. I guess my biggest issue was with the tourney, it seemed a bit too Ren-faire to me. I wanted to see the spectators a little bit more than three deep....

There were set pieces that I enjoyed though, the last scene at the inn and the Jon/Sam HoYay and whatnot.

Sandor doesn't truly interact with Sansa until after the tourney, but even then, they may push it back to when Joffrey has her on the roof of the Red Keep and he treats her more gently than he should.

I was a little sad they gave Littlefinger the back story, but at least they included it. This episode was chock full of book history. A lot of info for non readers to digest.

I loved it. (Shocker, I know.)

I don't really have a problem with the littlefinger/Sansa convo. At this point it is so much more important to develop the littlefinger character that they really needed to give him more material. Plus I thought it was actually a decent way to contrast the brothers in a way that might not have worked if the hound told the story. They can find other ways to develop that storyline. Incidentally I'm really likeing Sophie Turner's Sansa, considering I was sure she was going to be a weak point. Also she is way prettier than I realized in the first episode (same for Cersei).

Great episode. Gosh, I love the guy playing Jory. I wish he would have been cast in a role that, um, stays around longer.

Didn't mind the change to the Sandor backstory. When I realized where they were going with it, I thought I'd mind the change, but it ended up working for me.

All the changes worked for me, even the non-book Viserys bathing scene.

And I *loved* the nearly verbatim final scene (arrest of Tyrion at the inn).

Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Archived