Submit your craziest, most crackpot conspiracy theories

Theon Greyboy

I know, was just pointing out the names were slightly different.

Ned and Ned are not even slightly different.

If it was just 'Edric' and 'Eddard', that would be one thing. But they both have the same nickname. Would you give your son the same nickname as the man who murdered your brother and sister?

Jojen Reed is Howland Reed.

dang someone took mine kind of sort of.

i think Howland has actually been warging into jojen the whole time and once they pass through the wall, his power weakens. this explains jojen's slightly more mature wisdom. Once Bran meets the three eyed crow, he will be able to communicate with Howland and possibly learn about R+L=J. This may also fit with why Howland Reed has not been encountered by any characters since the Tower of Joy. Possibly due to a disfigurement or handicap he suffered during the battle (which may also have been a result of him warging as others have mentioned)

Is Barristan Selmy homosexual? This is largely based off his TV persona, so may not be canon.

-He was heir to his house's seat, and set to be married, but chose to join the Kingsguard instead.

TV: His mannerisms are setting off the gaydar.

-In the episode where Robert is hunting and speaking about making the 8, he asks Barristan if he ever accomplished such a task. Barristan made a very odd face, before responding no.

-In the last episode, where he is kick out of the Kingsguard, he comes across as rather flamboyant and a bit of a diva. (GRRM wrote this episode, so I wonder if that was intended.)

Barristan the Bold is the Dumbledore of ASoIaF. In fact, my crackpot idea is that Dumbledore has crossed literary series and is now possessing Barristan's body.

Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon and Jon get back together by the end of the last novel and they are up north past the wall fighting the others, when at last the leader of the others, the Great Other, comes to them with death in his eyes. The 5 kids know they cannot fight him so they run in a panic, the the Great Other chasing endlessly. Finally, Jon comes decides to trap the Great Other, using Bran and Rickon as bait.

The trap succeeds. As they approach the Great Other, Arya notices something strange about his face. She reaches out a hand and ... pulls of the mask and underneath is Will, from the first prologue, saying "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you blasted kids!"

(We don't see Will die in the prologue)

Barristan the Bold is the Dumbledore of ASoIaF. In fact, my crackpot idea is that Dumbledore has crossed literary series and is now possessing Barristan's body.

Actually, come to think about it, this series doesn't have a Dumbledore/Obi-Wan/Merlin figure, unless you want to count maybe Ned.

If the truth has already been leaked by somebody else I apologize, but I just talked to Arnold and he let me in on all the details.

Jon is actually the son of Sarah Conner and Kyle Reese.. you see, Reese actually comes back again right after the Terminator get's crushed in the first movie. An time travels with Sarah, but they get thrown of track because of the T100 coming to find them and it throws them into Westeros. Then they come out of time travel at the Tower of Joy, but somehow they were trapped in time travel for 9 months and Sarah gave birth right then and there to Jon, who is really Jon Conner, but he's called Snow because Reese never made an honest woman of Sarah.

The T1000 stabbed Sarah, who looked amazingly like Lyanna, and even confused Ned. Sarah said "promise me" because she knows Jon is the last hope for humanity. Lyanna has actually been in Lys this whole time, she's the queen of the pleasure houses over there.

Now the crazy thing is, the T1000 got held up by Reese and couldn't kill Jon then, and Howland and Ned made off with him. Eventually, the T100 found Howland and took his place, and as Howland Reed, he's been waiting for his opportunity to kill Jon this whole time but couldn't because his Terminator tracking doesnt work so far in the past, and in another universe. He will eventually catch up with Jon on the wall, but Dany will show up just in time and roast his ass with Drogon's fire and save him. And thats when the army of Other's/Terminator's will come busting through the wall and Jon will lead humanity in the final battle against the Great Other, Cyberdyne.

How ya like dem apples?

If the truth has already been leaked by somebody else I apologize, but I just talked to Arnold and he let me in on all the details.

Jon is actually the son of Sarah Conner and Kyle Reese.. you see, Reese actually comes back again right after the Terminator get's crushed in the first movie. An time travels with Sarah, but they get thrown of track because of the T100 coming to find them and it throws them into Westeros. Then they come out of time travel at the Tower of Joy, but somehow they were trapped in time travel for 9 months and Sarah gave birth right then and there to Jon, who is really Jon Conner, but he's called Snow because Reese never made an honest woman of Sarah.

The T1000 stabbed Sarah, who looked amazingly like Lyanna, and even confused Ned. Sarah said "promise me" because she knows Jon is the last hope for humanity. Lyanna has actually been in Lys this whole time, she's the queen of the pleasure houses over there.

Now the crazy thing is, the T1000 got held up by Reese and couldn't kill Jon then, and Howland and Ned made off with him. Eventually, the T100 found Howland and took his place, and as Howland Reed, he's been waiting for his opportunity to kill Jon this whole time but couldn't because his Terminator tracking doesnt work so far in the past, and in another universe. He will eventually catch up with Jon on the wall, but Dany will show up just in time and roast his ass with Drogon's fire and save him. And thats when the army of Other's/Terminator's will come busting through the wall and Jon will lead humanity in the final battle against the Great Other, Cyberdyne.

How ya like dem apples?

Um, Arnold told you? Given recent events, I find it very likely that he made up that story about Jon's parentage to avoid telling you the REAL truth to avoid another scandal...

Is Barristan Selmy homosexual? This is largely based off his TV persona, so may not be canon.

-He was heir to his house's seat, and set to be married, but chose to join the Kingsguard instead.

TV: His mannerisms are setting off the gaydar.

-In the episode where Robert is hunting and speaking about making the 8, he asks Barristan if he ever accomplished such a task. Barristan made a very odd face, before responding no.

-In the last episode, where he is kick out of the Kingsguard, he comes across as rather flamboyant and a bit of a diva. (GRRM wrote this episode, so I wonder if that was intended.)

Some poeple think he is. I observed poeple shipping him with Blackfish around the time I joined.

Some poeple think he is. I observed poeple shipping him with Blackfish around the time I joined.

Do people actually ship on these boards? With HP, there were hundreds (thousands even) of shipping threads. Is the lack of shipping due to GRRM banning fan fiction?

Well, anyway, I ship Bran/Meera. She's always hugging/kissing him, and I think they'd make a cute couple.

Here is my crackpot theory:

Theon is AA.

Think about it he is a prince, during the Winterfell's burning he reborned/changed, while the comet was still in the sky (If I remember well) in the mist of a lot of fire/smoke and crys. Not to mention Summer saw a dragon like shape, bet it was actually awakend by him. It is the Krakendragon, the coolest of all.

Ok another, inspired by the 8. episode actually:

Rickon is a superwarg. In the episode when Bran says that Ned, Cat and Robb will return to Winterfell he says so surly that no, that it somewhat got me, especially since GRRM wrote it.

So my theory is that actually Rickon's warg abilities are the strongest, and that is why he is so wild, because his wolfdreams and his visions are way to vivid, and sometimes he's having a hard time distincting them, since he is still a child.

Here is my crackpot theory:

Theon is AA.

Think about it he is a prince, during the Winterfell's burning he reborned/changed, while the comet was still in the sky (If I remember well) in the mist of a lot of fire/smoke and crys. Not to mention Summer saw a dragon like shape, bet it was actually awakend by him. It is the Krakendragon, the coolest of all.

The Nagga!

Um, Arnold told you? Given recent events, I find it very likely that he made up that story about Jon's parentage to avoid telling you the REAL truth to avoid another scandal...

Are you saying that Jon is actually the son of Arnold and his housekeeper?!?! Holy Shit! It gets weirder by the minute.

*Not sure if this has been suggested*

There are two Azor Ahai figures for the two primal forces of Ice and Fire. Either Bran or Jon being the Prince that was Promised for Ice, and most likely Daenerys being the Prince that was Promised for Fire.

The Great Other or one of the Others is Azor Azai, and wields Lightbringer.

Evidence:

In GoT during the prologue when the Others appear, Will observes that the Other's sword was, " alive with moonlight" and that "There was a faint blue shimmer to the thing, a ghost-light". The guy who is fighting the Other goes and gets his sword shattered, then gets stabbed many times. Will checks out the broken sword, and see that, "The end had splintered and twisted like a tree struck by lightning."

When Maester Aemon is "looking" at Stannis' sword, he determines that it cannot be Lightbringer because it doesn't give off heat nor light. The blade that this Other uses clearly is giving off light, and the way the broken sword is described brings to mind heat.

Crucial to this theory is that the Others and the wights are frequently described as shadows.

Then from the summary of aCoK summary on this website (since I didn't want to go find the quote myself).

"When Davos proclaims that a shadow is a thing of darkness, Melisandre rebuffs him, stating that shadows don’t exist in the dark, they are servants of light and fire, provided by her god, R'hllor."

The three heads of the dragon are three of Rhaegar's children :

1) Baby Aegon (who is somewhere, theories abound.)

2) R + L = J

3) Rhaegar + Rhaella = Dany and Viserys (Aerys forced Rhaegar to father pure Targaryen's)

Archived