[TV SPOILERS] Best five actors in the show

Lokhtar

I can only pick a #1. As my favorite character in the books Rory Mccan as Sandor Clegane totally exceeded my expectations. Great actor with a very unique look, sound, and intimidation factor. (Bronn and Sandor showdown for example) I'm scared of what will become of "The Hound" in the next season. (O)_(O)

the actors who play:

in regards to performance...something along these lines for me

joffery (i give this kid #1...brilliant villain, it is impressive to get the audience to emotionally hate you that much...snub at the emmys)

tyrion (makes the character better than the book for me...which is hard because he is probably my favorite book character)

tywin (no one could have played this role better...amazing screen presense...he IS tywin lannister)

varys (exactly...to a T...the way I picture varys in the books...fits the role, like tywin, probably better than any other known actor could)

jamie brilliant portrayal, great actor

cersei shes doing a great job...will be very, very interesting to see how she handles season 5

bronn/margary/ned/arya/queen of thornes (im sure im forgetting a few, but all of these have been very very impressive)

ramsay has done a great job as well, in a role I could see a lot of actors butchering (pun intended?)

1. Charles Dance - Tywin

2. Peter Dinklage - Tyrion

3. Jack Gleeson - Joffrey

4. Emilia Clarke - Danaerys

5. Rory McCann - The Hound

Honourable mention too for Sean Bean, Jerome Flynn and Maisie Williams who I think are great too. I really think Charles Dance, in particular, is exceptional. He turns a fairly bog standard character (by the standards of others in the book) into a centrepiece of the tv show. His scenes with Tyrion, Joffrey and Arya were a masterclass in acting.

I might have already posted in this thread but I don't remember. Anyway, here's my top 5, in no order. (I wonder if they would have changed??)

Alfie Allen

Sean Bean

Liam Cunningham

Michelle Fairley

Charles Dance

Honorable mention to Peter Dinklage, NCW and Maisie Williams. Dinklage is great but he does get all of the good lines and it's more of a comedic performance than most other main characters.

1. Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister - I'm lovin' Tywin because of him :)

2. Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy

(can't wait for him playing Reek!)

3. NCW as Jaime Lannister

4. Sean Bean as Ned Stark

5. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister - that's why he got golden trophies

Honorable mention to Jack Gleeson as Joffrey Baratheon, Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo, Rory McCann as the Hound, Conan Stevens as the Mountain (bring him back!), Maisie Williams as Arya Stark, and many more!

1. Jack Glesson-No one could make you hate Joffery as much as he does. He nails this role!

2. Michelle Fairley- The perfect representation of Cat, she was exactly how I pictured her from the books. And she nailed the RW.

3. Maisie Williams- As a child actor she plays a very almost adult role in the show and she does a great job.

4. Charles Dance- This was the role he was born to play.

5. NCW- He stole the show for season 3!

Honorable Mentions- Richard Madden (nailed the character throughout the series), Jason Momoa (the perfect Khal Drogo), Peter Dinklage (his representation of Tyrion I liked much better then in the books), and Rose Lesie (the perfect Ygritte they could of casted).

You know what give the whole cast awards. They all do a great job.

I will do a "still alive" top 5...

(in no specific order)

1.) Charles Dance - Tywin Lannister

2.) NCW - Jaime Lannister

3.) Jack Gleeson - Joffrey

4.) Maisie Williams - Arya Stark

5.) Conleth Hill - Varys

Tywin Lannister for stealing Randyll Tarly's opening scene (skinning the deer carcass while speaking down to a son). But he is truly great as Tywin.

The Kingslayer gets a nod, in my book, for the closing exchange with Vargo Hoat in the Bear and the Maiden Fair. The way he laughed, when he realized he had won, was just great ("Well, alright then").

Joffrey is pretty transcendent as well. He really puts Draco Malfoy to shame.

1. Conleth Hill - Lord Varys

2. Harry Lloyd - Viserys Targaryen and Michelle Fairley - Catelyn Stark

3. John Bradley - Samwell Tarly and Alfie Allen - Theon Greyjoy

4. Maisie Williams - Arya Stark

5. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau- Jaime Lannister

Sophie Turner, Charles Dance and Jack Gleeson are gorgeous too. And I really like Peter Dinklage, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Liam Cunningham, Rory McCann and Diana Riggs. I love a lot of them.

It's just not possible for me to narrow it down to only five actors; too many of them are too good for that. So:

1. A tie between Charles Dance and Sean Bean

2. Maisie Williams

3. Michelle Fairley

4. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

5. A tie between Alfie Allen and Emilia Clarke

Honourable Mentions: Peter Dinklage and Jason Momoa. Also, Liam Cunningham; at first I didn't like him as Davos for some reason, but he's grown on me.

Archived