[TV SPOILERS] Best five actors in the show

Lokhtar

, in an age where Liam Neeson keeps getting film roles, a one-accent, one facial expression woooden mannequin who blatantly can't act.

I wouldn't say he is quite as bad as that - or at least he wasn't when he was younger, but now-a-days?

I had this discussion on another forum with a Neeson fan and opened their eyes by asking them to name how many films in the last 10 years were made better due to his acting abilities rather than the gravitas of his name. They couldn't name one.

Some movies are quite open about casting him based on what his name brings rather than what his acting brings (A Team). They basically throw a huge budget at the film, call him 'Mr Neeson' a lot and put no requirements on him as an actor. Garbage in, garbage out.

But as for Lena - its easy to play a villain, but she ramps up Cersei's vulnerability and shame at being ineffectual. She has made me reassess what I thought of Cersei after reading the story.

5 - Jack Gleeson : a psychopath may not be the most difficult character to play, but he does it wonderfully!

4 - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau : his portrayal of Jaime is very shadowy, thus perfect

3 - Isaac Hempstead-Wright : he wouldn't deserve this rank if he wasn't 12 years old when he did that wonderful Rodrik decaptitation scene, great child actor!

2 - Lena Headey : same reasons as for Jaime.

1 - Peter Dinklage, of course!

Emilia Clarke is definitely coming into her own on this. Dinklage is brilliant. But my favourite actor or actress in this is probably Lena Headey, with her smirky dominatrix MILF take on Cersei; she's an excellent actress I've enjoyed in anything she's been in, she's supersexy, but before GoT she wound up unfortunately saddled with a host of unsatisfactory roles. She was underused in Waterland, her breakthrough, was one of the only good things about the mostly preposterous Gossip, and appeared once in a horror film called Laid to Rest where she appeared for about ten minutes before getting killed. The roles she's had since GoT (Dredd and The Purge) have seen her finally getting full use made of her skill, in an age where Liam Neeson keeps getting film roles, a one-accent, one facial expression woooden mannequin who blatantly can't act.

Also, Headey's Twitter page, which half consists of her posting graffitied and deliberately bad selfies, is a riot. I remember her putting up a production photo of the GoT cast where she's dressed as Cersei and licking Peter Dinklage's face. Despite her posh totty looks, she's a down to earth northern lass who swears like a pirate, and I want to marry her someday if she wishes to bear my kids. :drunk:

What a delightful post!

Oh boy, you might even deserve some Lena Headey attention.

Unfortunately Dinklage is a happily married man..........

Emilia Clarke is definitely coming into her own on this. Dinklage is brilliant. But my favourite actor or actress in this is probably Lena Headey, with her smirky dominatrix MILF take on Cersei; she's an excellent actress I've enjoyed in anything she's been in, she's supersexy, but before GoT she wound up unfortunately saddled with a host of unsatisfactory roles. She was underused in Waterland, her breakthrough, was one of the only good things about the mostly preposterous Gossip, and appeared once in a horror film called Laid to Rest where she appeared for about ten minutes before getting killed. The roles she's had since GoT (Dredd and The Purge) have seen her finally getting full use made of her skill, in an age where Liam Neeson keeps getting film roles, a one-accent, one facial expression woooden mannequin who blatantly can't act.

Sarah Connor was an unsatisfactory role?

Anyway, I really liked her in Waterland, that was the first time I ever saw her in something and she really caught my attention. I don't think she was underused, she had more screentime than Sinead Cusack, who was playing the older version of the same character (female lead).

I think Kit is a fine actor. He was great in Season 1. Season 2 his character suffered from some butchered story (just like Emilia's) and bad writing. Season 3 he had little screen-time again, and most of it seemed to focus on Ygritte. Though from the lines he did have, I thought he was fine.

This will be Kit's season to shine. Yeah, he hasn't been a standout, but that's mostly due to the writing IMO. With him being an important character for events to come (especially a certain episode), we'll get to see how Kit handles himself physically and emotionally. Don't count him out just yet!

Agreed. Seasons 4 & 5 will demonstrate what he's capable of. His story has suffered more from the writing/amount of screentime rather than his acting IMO. I think a lot of people forget that Jon is a brooding, introverted guy to begin with, and that his storyline is interesting because of what's happening around him at the Wall and who he interacts with rather than because he's super dynamic/witty/personality like Tyrion or Jaime. Hope that makes sense, and Jon is one of my favorite characters. I'd like for the show to bring the focus to the Wall and King's Landing this season instead of say, Meereen.

1) Nicolaj Coster-Waldau

2) Michelle Fairley

3) Charles Dance

4) Lena Headey

5) Peter Dinklage

The order may change though.

Runners-up : Maisie Williams, Sean Bean, Sophie Turner, Mark Addy, Gwendoline Christie, Rory Mccann... Well they're all pretty amazing

Archived