[TV SPOILERS] Best five actors in the show

Lokhtar

5. Conleth Hill (Varys) - Dead on book Varys in my opinion, he nails it!

4. Sean Bean (Ned) - Can't possibly leave him out...

3. Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) - Did anyone NOT hate him from the moment he was first on screen? Perfect little Joff.

2. NCW/Lena Headey (Jamie and Cersei) - Just the transformation in Jamie that we've seen so far on the show has been awesome, and dammit if I don't love to hate Cersei!

1. Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) - Obvious!!

My favorites - In no order

Robert Baratheon - Perhaps my favorite performance on the show, I just loved him. (Robert was one of my favorite book characters also)

Ned - Again, perfect

Varys - Exactly as I imagined him when reading

Tywin - One of only two actors who actually changed my mental image of the character. I love his commanding presence.

Arya - Other who changed my mental image, Just perfect.

Joffrey - Definitely good at looking both evil and insecure. That isn't easy.

Those I don't really like -

Jon - just not that good (I actually liked him last episode though, so I have hope)

Dany - Getting better but looks waaay to old, and overacts everything.

Sansa - I know allot of people like her, and i'll admit she has some very good scenes, but overall I don't think she is very good. Also, even though I know it is a superficial complaint, she is to tall. Sansa is meant to be tall and slender, but she towers over the other actors, and that just looks kinda weird on camera.

Jorah - Just doesn't do it for me. It's not the looks, it is just something about him.

Meera and Jojen - don't like them, I don't know why, they just seem wrong.

Hodor - seems to constantly be forgetting his lines.

An underrated actor, IMO, is the guy who plays Sam. I think he turns what could be a very boring character into a rather funny, interesting one. Even when he isnt doing anything too exciting, I still find his scenes very entertaining.

Also, the guy who plays Locke is doing a fantastic job.

• 4 weeks later...

1.Charles Dance

2. Harry Lloyd

3. Lena Headey

4. Michelle Fairley

5. Mark Addy

Charles Dance, I think we can all agree is the perfect Tywin. Harry Lloyd, I can't tell if I was mesmorised by his performance or his sexiness, but he did a lot with the small screen time he was given. I think it's interesting so many people hate on Lena Headey - I think she's brilliant. She plays a much more cold but impressive Cersei than the one in the books but it was very impressive. Michelle fairley looked nothing like how I imagined Catelyn to but after watching the red wedding episode, she's definitely one of the best. Finally, Mark Addy just was Robert. Okay, he looked nothing like him but I still totally bought it.

Really difficult to choose only 5.

Charles Dance (Tywin) and Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) definitely are among the bests.

Now, I know this question was posted before season's 1 end, but I'll choose the last 3 from each season so far.

s1: Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) - One of those characters we love to hate.

s2: Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer) - After the 'I want to be THE queen' phrase, I felt in love with her

s3: Diana Rigg (Olenna Tyrell) - The grandmother anybody wants to have.

Sansa - I know allot of people like her, and i'll admit she has some very good scenes, but overall I don't think she is very good. Also, even though I know it is a superficial complaint, she is to tall. Sansa is meant to be tall and slender, but she towers over the other actors, and that just looks kinda weird on camera.

Where did you get that a lot of people like her? All I ever see are comments about how naive she is, and I've read a lot of people saying they wouldn't complain if she dies.

1. Peter Dinklage: perfect play, perfect cast. Great in every scene. Better than book Tyrion.

2. Charles Dance: A great Tywin. In every word he says you can hear his ambition, his restless impatience and his absolute will to do everything necessary.

3. Michelle Fairley: She makes you think you watch the actual Catelyn. The Rains of Castamere ending catapulted her very high and should get her a few awards.

4. Jason Momoa: The perfect cast for Drogo. Only one season unfortunately but he was flat out amazing in every scene. For me his speech in Dothraki is one of the most memorable moments of the entire show.

5. Lena Headey. Doing a great job as Cersei.

I'll only choose characters that are alive at the end of season 3 (because it's really hard to choose only 5), and I can't rank them, that's just impossible.

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion, of course.

Charles Dance, for me TV Tywin is much better than book Tywin.

Maisie Williams, she is pretty much the perfect Arya.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime, his story-arch this season has been amazing, and so has his acting.

Diana Rigg as the one and only Queen of Thorns. Like seriously, I love her!

Honorable mentions: Liam Cunningham as Davos, Rory McCann as the Hound, Jack Gleeson as the bitch king, Lena Headey as the Queen Regent, Conleth Hill as the spider and David Bradley as the despicable Walder Frey. (I'd add more, but this list is already long)

And we must not forget Kristian Nairn as Hodor!

Post season 3:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister.

Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark.

Charles Dance as Tywin Martell.

Maisie Williams as Arya Stark.

Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Bolton.

Honourable Mention:

Lena Headey as Cersie Lannister.

Micheal McElhatton as Roose Bolton.

ETA:

Dinklage steals the show. Been was great. Hill and Dance are terrific.

The only actors I don't like much are Harrington and Clarke. Unfortunately they play probably the two most important characters in the series which is kind of a bummer.

Yep. It really is a crying shame.

Hodor - seems to constantly be forgetting his lines.

LOL! Nice!

My favourites:

Tywin. Steals EVERY scene.

Olenna. Goes without saying, I think.

Joffrey. Everyone hates him. Mission accomplished.

Varys. Maybe best book-to-screen adaptation.

NCW. Totally captured the bad-to-good transformation.

My favourites are:

1. Maisie Williams (Arya Stark): she just keeps getting better and better and always has great chemistry with whoever she is working.

2. Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark): she is very very good, and she was amazing at the RW scenes, which must have been very difficult to film

3. Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister): he is the perfect Tywin, you know just by looking at him that he is a man you shouldn't cross.

4. Conleth Hill (Varys): he steals almost every scene he is in, even if he is not speaking

5. Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth): he is amazing, the scenes were he was learning to read were perfect.

Other actors I also like:

Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon): he is able to show Joff's bratty behavior without being ridiculous.

Gwendoline Christie (Brienne): she is just Brienne, and she works really well with NCW

NCW (Jaime): he is very good at showing Jaime's transformation, and he was great in the bath scene

Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell): I didn't like her in season 2, but this season she made me look forward to Marg's scenes, a character that doesn't interest me in the books.

Diana Rigg: I loved her scenes as Olenna.

There's fifteen that I've listed, in no order, five being too hard to choose:

Charles Dance

Lena Headey

Peter Dinklage

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

The guy who plays Roose Bolton

The guy who plays Lord Walder

The guy who plays Varys

The guy who plays LIttlefinger

Rose Leslie

Ciaran Hinds

The guy who plays Locke

Alfie Allen

The woman who plays Orella Tyrell

The guy who played Robert

Iwan Rheon

I also really like Emilia Clarke, but find her at times a bit wooden. Kit Harrington is a miscast. Emilia is improving, so fuck it, Emilia it is, to make sixteen. Possibly, the guy who plays Daario as well, but it's a bit too soon to tell.

Archived