[ADwD Spoilers] All of the little things

Ahri Adaran

I think it was meant just as saggy skin.

I assumed it was just a loose flap of skin, the kind that lots of old people get, and not actually a sign of plague.

Ah, alright, that makes a lot more sense. I didn't really think it was a sign of plague since it didn't look like greyscale or flux, but the wording made it seem odd to me.

Dany has a warg moment in her last chapter - when she feels like she's flying and sees things through Drogon's eyes.

Greyscale = turning slowly to stone. Waking the stone dragon = ? It just seems an odd coincidence that it's called grey*scale* to me. And Jon Connington has brought back the adult version to westeros.

Something else that isn't listed is that Cersei remembers a connection between Littlefinger and Sansa. She does have a "crude cunning" as Tyrion is wont to mention.

I love the idea that the Blackfish is at Winterfell, and if he isn't there I hope we see him in the vale.

Interesting note: If R+L=J, and I think grrm went to lengths in this book to make sure that was clearer, then both Jon and Dany have amassed "foreign" armies that respect them for who they are and what they've done. Dany has her freedmen and the unsullied, and Jon has the wildlings - who, after all, follow kings out of respect rather than blood. Aegon has sellswords.

Also, great catch about Mel and glamour! I wonder if we'll ever get to see what she really looks like?

I just put the pieces together.

There are three hints in DwD and one hint in the upcoming Dunk and Egg novel that has already been revealed.

Aegon V wargs into Rhaegar Targaryen as he is dying at Summerhall.

The proof is there. I don't want to ruin it for you guys, so you'll have to find it.

Does anyone remember the scene where Arya is practicing her "needlework" with a stick in the heart tree at Harrenhall and the weirwood speaks to her? It basically tells her that it can't keep an eye on her in the South because the heart trees have all been chopped down? What do you think? Bloodraven?

Tyrion won his game of cyvasse with Haldon and got to find out a secret.

When I was reading I saw the first use of the word "prince" (before the reveal) and was like WTF, is there some other character on this boat that I missed?!? Sometimes you just need to read forward to go backwards . . .

Just something that struck me after reading about the Blackfyre Rebellion in The Mystery Knight:

When legitimised bastards in Westeros pick their coats of arms, they usually invert their Houses' colours.

House Stark's sigil is a grey direwolf on a white field. Inverting the colours would give us a white direwolf on a grey field.

White direwolf.

Grey. Scale. (This one is more of a reach, I admit, but even just the white direwolf is enough of a coincidence.)

DUN DUN DUN

Makes too much sense.

Not if the Grey Scale is Shireen.

Hmm looks like Jon has atleast a betrothal in the future... :smoking:

I just put the pieces together.

There are three hints in DwD and one hint in the upcoming Dunk and Egg novel that has already been revealed.

Aegon V wargs into Rhaegar Targaryen as he is dying at Summerhall.

The proof is there. I don't want to ruin it for you guys, so you'll have to find it.

Uh...no one's going to go looking for support for someone else's crack! theory. No one's going to assume your "proof" is credible. If you have support, say what it is. Right now, it looks like you don't have support.

Definition of a seneschal.

A seneschal ( /ˈsɛnəʃəl/) was an officer in the houses of important nobles in the Middle Ages. In the French administrative system of the Middle Ages, the sénéchal was also a royal officer in charge of justice and control of the administration in southern provinces, equivalent to the northern French bailli. It is equivalent to Slavic stolnik.

Perfumed Seneschal: dunno...

This is a nice little easter egg.

Tell me, Alayne-which is more dangerous, the dagger brandished by an enemy, or the hidden one pressed to your back by someone you never even see?

Littlefinger says that in AFFC while eating a pomegranate.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that Stannis and Melisandre are apparently fucking.

p. 410: "Melisandre had spent the night in her chair by the fire, as she often did. With Stannis gone, her bed saw little use."

i think everyone and their dog knew that one as of reading ASoS.

Great thread, especially the Tormund stuff but

-The appendix confirms that Lanna is the Sailor's Wife's daughter. Apparently whores go to Braavos and Tyrion has a trueborn daughter.

No chance she's Tysha. Tyrion is no sailor and Tysha would hate Tyrion not pray for him every night. It's probably Gerion's widow.

-Bonifer the Good, who leads the Holy Hundred and is very religious and who is given guardianship of Harrenhall in AFfC seems to be Queen Rhaella's lost love who she was forced to abandon when marrying Aerys.

Hmm, what's the reason people think this?

This is a nice little easter egg.

Littlefinger says that in AFFC while eating a pomegranate.

I'm slow, what does mean? Is it reffering to the dude who was called pomegranate? I can't remember who it was though.

Also, I didn't catch Fat Man's Frey Pie joke. Where was that? Mayhaps I read too quickly

I'm slow, what does mean? Is it reffering to the dude who was called pomegranate? I can't remember who it was though.

Bowen Marsh's nickname is the Old Pomegranate, because of the reddish hue of his face.

Hell I just remembered that Dolorous Edd says something about how a man can die from eating pomegranate seeds. Dayum.

Also, I didn't catch Fat Man's Frey Pie joke. Where was that? Mayhaps I read too quickly

Lord Manderly had Frey men killed and cooked into a meat pie, which he served (and ate himself) at Winterfell. He referenced the Rat Cook's story.

Bowen Marsh's nickname is the Old Pomegranate, because of the reddish hue of his face.

Hell I just remembered that Dolorous Edd says something about how a man can die from eating pomegranate seeds. Dayum.

Lord Manderly had Frey men killed and cooked into a meat pie, which he served (and ate himself) at Winterfell. He referenced the Rat Cook's story.

Thanks for explaining, i think i read it too quickly and bc got bored with some of the filler, skimmed a bit, too.

Just a thing from AFfC, which might indicate that Sandor may return to KL eventually. The news about Sandor's alleged alliance with Vargo Hoat's men arrives at KL via a raven from 'a septry on an island hard by the mouth of the Trident'. This has to be Quiet Isle. And if they have ravens there, they might actually not only send letters but receive them as well...

I don't think it's garbarge. It's just some Targaryens are more Targaryen than others. Viserys was a real Targaryen, but we all know there's no way he could have hatched those eggs.

Dany is 'special'. She can walk through fire and not be burned. She doesn't get sick. I'm assuming the other potential dragon-riders will have similarly special abilities.

Yeah, I agree -- it's not just idle talk that Viserys wasn't a "true dragon". There seems to be an entire battery of Targaryen ancestral traits -- looks, fire-resistance, disease immunity, prophetic dreams, draconic connection -- and it does seem like various Targaryens receive them to a mixed and varying extent (with Dany hitting the jackpot). I'm starting to wonder if the Stark Wolfblood isn't a similar kind of deal... Arya and Jon doubtlessly have a lot more of it than Sansa does.

Archived