Favourite Character introduced in CoK?

Robb_

• 4 months later...

I really liked Davos, but felt we saw too little of him. Even though he was a POV character he felt like more of a supporting character and one I really want to see more of. I liked Brienne too though. I'm looking forward to her and see what she and Catelyn do in the next chapter.

Davos Seaworth--His loyalty to Stannis and his ability to say what's right even when it could potentially harm him makes him a winner for me.

Stannis Baratheon--I just can't help cheering for this guy. He's done so much for his brother Robert and remains largely unappreciated.

Jaqen H-ghar--I love the mystery element this guy brings. He's just a cool character.

Jojen and Meera Reed--I really appreciate these two in ACOK and I hope we get to see more about them and their family in future books.

The Reeds were very interesting. I really like the idea of the cranogmen and their moving realm. I also liked their friendship with Bran, it was sweet, genuine, and they showed a real understanding of him as opposed to the Freys who treated him like crap. I can't wait to see more of them.

I'm hoping to see more of Stannis as well. I think he has a lot of character and it'll be interesting seeing him develop.

Davos is Ned's replacement in a way. Honest, grateful, honorable, dutiful. The only difference is that Ned served the realm, while Davos serves his king.

Davos is an awesome character to follow, because he is so complex, but appears simple. He is very faithful to the Seven; blindly loyal to his king, but still speaks his own opinion; does not value his life very much, but would do anything for his sons; a misfit--he is a smuggler among knights, and few respect him. All of these combine to make such an awesome character. The moment I fell in love with him was when he confronted Maester Cressen before his attempt to assassinate Melisandre.

I think I can agree with that, Davos has many of Ned's traits, but I think Stannis also has at least a few of Ned's traits, particulay his iron-hard honour.

Davos!

He's so amazing...it feels as if Ned's honesty has been shifted in him. Of course no characters can ever replace Ned, but Davos is that sparkle of hope and honesty that seemed so far away when Ned was beheaded. :'(

I really like the Reed kids, especially Jojen. I'm hooked whenever he has dialogue.

Jaqen H'ghar is awesome.

Cortnay Penrose was really funny in a good way.

Although Beric Dondarrion appeared in AGOT, I find this guy to be so freaking awesome. I have not yet finished the book, and we don't even see anything of his directly, but I love this guy. He's like this assassin badass who is basically a myth. Everyone talks about him, and everyone fears him and his band of assassins.

I really like Stannis' iron personality.

Davos is a nice character as well.

• 1 month later...

Jaqen H'ghar. He is as cool as cool can be and I love his relationship with Arya. (100% of me wants Jaqen to be Syrio but only 75% of me thinks its true)

Patchface because under the sea they stand on the ceiling and reach up to touch their toes. Oh oh oh

Stannis, idk, for some reason their is part of me that relates with the guy. LOL.

• 1 month later...

Ser Cortnay Penrose! What did Davos say? "He has faith." Too bad we couldn't see more of him. I'd love to see why he was the way he was. I love the way he was prepared to thrash Stannis' army for months to do his duty and save the bastard.

I'm slogging through a complete re-read of ACoK now, and I was struck by how totally awesome Ser Cortnay is. His upbraiding of Stannis and the Renly turncoats must be one of the best putdown monologues in the entire series - no mean accomplishment amongst GRRM's many wonderful examples of dialogue. When he tossed his glove in Stannis' face, I laughed aloud. How I wish we could have seen this scene in the HBO series. I'd love to turn it into a skit.

I too wish there were some way to see more of him.

"I have a fever and the only cure is...more Ser Cortnay Penrose!"

Archived