**Crackpot Theory** Gregor Clegane and Sandor Clegane are Brothers!**

Jaime L

on the Ned and Eddard are brother's theory i seem to remember one of them being killed somewhere in the first book, that would explain HIS absence in the next books.

Waht i found weird was that both Ned and Eddard were in the black cells at the same time. Were they in the same room? i cant remember.

Also Ned fell off of his horse and broke his leg, and next thing we know Eddard also has a sore leg. coincidence? i think not. maybe they can feel each other's pain.

And both Ned and Eddard are the king's hand. is one the left hand and the other the right? i wish GRRM would write his plotline's more clearly :unsure:

I have a crackpot theory that Sandor Clegane and The Mountain are actually brothers. I'm trying to ferret out the proof in the text....and it's been a slow and arduous process (Hooked-On-Phonics says I'm at a 6th grade reading level)...but I think I'm gradually finding the link.

Granted, I'm not an expert like y'all when it comes to "logic" or "making connections" or "thinking rationally" but I think I finally have stumbled onto the biggest linkage in the entire series. Please, before you shout me out...all I ask is that you read my theories. I've done weeks of research on this...I've even sent my results off to MIT (which I can only assume they're processing as we speak) and I have been sober for at least 14% of the time.

1)I know it sounds crazy..but I think there's evidence to back this up. Like for example, I noticed they both had very similar last names: Clegane. It got me thinking for several hours...why would they have such similar last names??? Who has similar last names? Well the first thing I thought was...married people. And then I spent a couple days ruminating on whether they were married or not. But I didn't think gay marriage had come to Westeros yet...so I went back to my chalk board, and put on my thinking cap and pondered some more over my elaborate multi-tiered equations. And then I thought, "Hey wait, fathers generally have similar last names to their sons!" And that seemed like a surefire truth. But then I thought the Hound was a virgin...because he hits on little girls...so he couldn't be the father. So I went into my basement...and starting mixing various chemicals in my Chemistry set.....and when the mixture turned blue, I thought "Eureka!" What if they were brothers! That would explain why the Hound kept talking about killing his brother!! I just thought he meant Ned Stark the whole time, because they seemed so similar. Ned Stark was the hand and Sandor Clegane had hands.

2) Both Gregor and Sandor have kidnapped Arya at various times in the book. Now, why would characters kidnap that hellbitch if they didn't share similar DNA?

3) But then I thought, George RR Martin is very subtle. Like I realizd that maybe Mya Stone was King Robert's daughter even though her last name wasn't Robert. So I figured if he wanted us to figure this out, he'd hide it within their names. Check this out. Gregor is an anagram of Gorger. Sandor is an anagram of Radons. Coincidence? Well, sure, possibly...but if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, it's probably a cat.

4) Both enjoy long walks by the beach, evenings with friends, and disembowling children.

5) And last but not least, Pg. 544 ASOS U.S. Edition.

It wasn't the first time he [sandor] had talked of killing the Mountain. "But he's your brother," Arya said dubiously.

Now I admit, this one confused me. Why would Arya think a mountain was Sandor's brother? Are they both some form of geological formation? I haven't ruled that out either. And how do you kill a mountain? I mean I guess you could punch it really hard..but I don't know if that will work. I hate mountains too. All big and rocky..and high. Maybe I'll kill one once I get done with this thread.

I forget what my point was, but I did have one. And it was a whopper!

Feel free to try to rip apart my logic all you like. You'll feel pretty dumb when those results come back from MIT.

ummm.....lol?? I really can´t see what's so damn funny in this thread???maybe I haven´t read it careful enough??I mean ok it's idiotic,but funny.......no.

ummm.....lol??

Is it really possible to laugh questionably? Is it like a laugh where you laugh because everyone else heard this great joke but you didn't rly hear what was going on and you just laughed with them because you don't want to be an outsider or is it like asking a stupid question then laugh.

Been trying differnt ways to do this "laughin out loud aka lol??" but I can't pull this off, so the question here is: "Are Renly and Loras different persons?" if they are why would 2 healthy and strong men pray together before battle? :unsure: enlighten me please!

ummm.....lol?? I really can´t see what's so damn funny in this thread???maybe I haven´t read it careful enough??I mean ok it's idiotic,but funny.......no.

Why exactly are you posting here? I know it's hard for humor to reach the level of "All hail King Hodor I" but really what does?

BTW: I have a crackpot theory that there are no tarkaryens in the series.

Yeah, there's enough sarcasm in this thread to kill a small to medium size horse.

Ah ha! So my new theory...there are no horses in Westeros. Because the sarcasm excreted from certain character killed them all.

But there are things that look like horses. So they must be Faceless Men!

Unless there really isn't any sarcasm in Westeros. Because sarcasm and horses cannot co-exist and...and...I think I need to lay down now.

Ah ha! So my new theory...there are no horses in Westeros. Because the sarcasm excreted from certain character killed them all.

But there are things that look like horses. So they must be Faceless Men!

I thought it was common knowledge on the board that the horses were actually weighted horses that are just being stratically placed around westeros for the others attack to rebel effectively killing all of westerosie' Knights and Dortharaki in one vile swoop so that the great others victory would be assured. That's why Bran was cripled so he could not ride a 'horse' and would be saved from this fate so that he may return to save the few survivors.

And both Ned and Eddard are the king's hand. is one the left hand and the other the right? i wish GRRM would write his plotline's more clearly :unsure:

:idea: My eyes were closed but now they're open.

so the question here is: "Are Renly and Loras different persons?" if they are why would 2 healthy and strong men pray together before battle? :unsure: enlighten me please!

I *have* heard that Loras had a little bit of Renly inside of him.

I think I need to lay down now.

I'm with you, this thread is mentally exhausting. Sometimes...JaimeLannister just needs to lie the fuck down.

I think you've solved all the mysteries in the entire series, with only one lingering question. How do the goats fit in? Goats are mentioned too many times for it to be a coincidence. I'm certain they are the masterminds behind much that happens in Westeros. *wise nod*

I think you've solved all the mysteries in the entire series, with only one lingering question. How do the goats fit in? Goats are mentioned too many times for it to be a coincidence. I'm certain they are the masterminds behind much that happens in Westeros. *wise nod*

Goats are the many faced god.

Goats are the many faced god.

Dammit! You're all on to me!

Bugger off, or I'll chew every last shoe, boot, shirt, sock, and article of clothing all y'all own! And I've got a cadre of Faceless Men to back me up!

(Though now that I'm in the open about being the Many Faced God, just let me clear up that, no, Syrio is not Jaqen. However, Renly is a Faceless Man and is, in fact, now posing as Stannis).

Dammit! You're all on to me!

Bugger off, or I'll chew every last shoe, boot, shirt, sock, and article of clothing all y'all own! And I've got a cadre of Faceless Men to back me up!

Your grumpy because the Goat had to eat himself right and you detest that one of your kin had to endure such a crul punisment. Right? Their i solved the riddle of why he's a grumpy goat.

Well, they were. Renly assassinated himself because things had started to get awkward with the Knight of Flowers. He got a little too clingy.

Also, Renly started lusting after Ser Davos Seaworth.

Ahh, hence Davos is the 'Hand' of the King

Your grumpy because the Goat had to eat himself right and you detest that one of your kin had to endure such a crul punisment. Right? Their i solved the riddle of why he's a grumpy goat.

Actually, I'm grumpy for being associated with Vargo Hoat and his "thappireth."

That and all the mens genitals Shagga keeps feeding my kin.

• 1 month later...

Okay it makes perfect sense that Robert couldn't sire any children on Cersei and that Stannis never gives up the goods for Selyse - they are related to Renly and since Renly is gay (See: Tyrell, Loras or Sex, Anal) then by the transitive property of bananas, Robert and Stannis are also gay. Want proof? Stannis is an anagram of Sin Tans, and we all know how the gays are sinful and enjoy the fakin' and bakin'. and booty shakin', WHO do you think you ARRRRE.

Any so-called "bastards" running around Westeros with strange nature surnames are definitely planted by the Others to make Robert seem weak. Except Mya Stone, whom everyone knows is a Faceless Man.

Another thing I have picked up upon rereads...okay...so everyone knows about the man, the myth, Hodor Hodorson. Well later on I discovered a character who CLEARLY is a Faceless Man poorly impersonating Hodor. They're never in the same scene, that was the first clue. But also, there is only ONE LETTER DIFFERENCE IN THEIR NAMES. Ladies and gentlemen...I'm talking about...HONOR. Remember?!?!? The cruel man that Brienne rides mercilessly? Think about it, Bran rode Hodor, Brienne rides Honor. Even Brienne and Bran kind of sound similar. Honor is obviously attempting to mimic Hodor but failing miserably, because WE SAW RIGHT THROUGH IT AND ARE ONTO HIM. It's only a matter of time before a large meteor hits Westeros and Jalabar Xho realizes that Honor is a FM.

Also, Sybell Spicer is definitely one of the five Spice Girls. The others include Meera Reed (sporty), Ygritte (ginger), Lollys (posh) and Patchface (scary).

I absolutely love you people. Cried with laughter towards the end...particularly when proof needs to be anagrams and any character not in the same scene is a Faceless Man, lmao

Jaime Lannister, you are the first person to make a St. Elsewhere reference on this board and for that I am determined that you shall receive full honors.

However, I cannot buy this ridiculous theory that Sandor and Gregor are brothers simply because they have the same last name and Arya says so. Tommen and Myrcella have the same last name; are they brothers? And as for Arya--you're takin' the word of a psychopath now? If we factor in the number of times Viserys refers to himself as a dragon, the incestuous relationship between Luke and Leia, the obvious fact that Dontos is Davos, and the many clues pointing to R+L=J (Renly plus Loras equals Jaquen), then we come to the unavoidable conclusion that Sandor is Brienne. I can't believe I had to point that out to you.

Archived