Football: A Feast for Forwards

MercenaryChef

"You have to go to crazy places, but we'll give it our best shot and just give it a go."

ETA: Haha, and they've got Hearts.

So true. Imagine the harrowing travel arrangements that needs to be in place in order to fit in a Thursday match all the way up in that wilderness.

Ouch. That's a nasty draw for us. I'd dearly love for us to win it, but realistically it's not likely - unless the Tottenham players can't acclimatise. ;)

Steven Whittaker. Love it. :laugh:

Redknapp is right though. There are few crazier places than Tynecastle at the moment. If we were to have Blackburn and Newcastle in that competition this year then we'd be in crackpot city.

Ouch. That's a nasty draw for us. I'd dearly love for us to win it, but realistically it's not likely - unless the Tottenham players can't acclimatise. ;)

Depends what sort of side we put out, Redknapp has suggested that a lot of youth team players will be playing in the Europa this season.

Tbh, looking at the other teams we could have got: Bilbao, PAOK, Spartak Moscow or Hapoel Tel Aviv, i wouldn't have fancied Hearts against any of them so i'm happy with Spurs as there's no shame in losing and we may as well go out against an excellent team.

Dortmund kicked their season off in style, with a very convincing 3-1 victory over Hamburg. They seem to have compensated for Sahin's departure and still look just as good as last season.

Obviously it's early days, no real point in making predictions this early, blahblahblah... but they'll be up there challenging for the title again.

Tbh, looking at the other teams we could have got: Bilbao, PAOK, Spartak Moscow or Hapoel Tel Aviv, i wouldn't have fancied Hearts against any of them so i'm happy with Spurs as there's no shame in losing and we may as well go out against an excellent team.

I'd have given us reasonable odds against Hapoel Tel-Aviv or PAOK, but yeah, I suppose we do at least get a glamour tie out of this. I'd love to get something off Spurs, just to hear 'Arry's excuses.

Hey peoples! B)

All ready for Stephane Sessegnon to rip apart the Premiership??

Haven't been here for a while but I think there has been a lack of top class signings in the Premiership this summer.

Arsenal got Gervinho, could lose Fabregas and Nasri.

Chelsea have got no one of significance.

Liverpool got a good few players but nobody of unbelievable quality. Still, they have strengthened their squad.

Man City got Aguero, but could lose Tevez....I'd rather have Tevez tbh.

Man Utd replaced VDS with De Gea which could be good but Young isn't top class and not better than Valencia or Nani anyway. Phil Jones is building for the future, I suppose. Bit expensive, maybe.

Of course there doesn't always have to be massive signings and players like Torres, Suarez, Dzeko still have to make a big impact at their new clubs.

N'Zogbia to Villa and Roger Johnson to Wolves will be 2 of the signings of the season though.

Where y'been, Fireball? Don't think I've seen you around since Newcastle trounced Sunderland last season in the 5-1 game. :laugh:

Lost my password, then had exams and stuff and then off travelling and holidays. But now I'm back.

And don't remind me about that :thumbsdown:

But nah it was a good bit after that, I'd say. I think I was here for the return fixture anyway :P

Are Sunderland trying to buy any more strikers? Coz as it is you're relying on Gyan, who's ace but not the most prolific scorer in the world, Wickham who won't be first team yet surely, and Dong-Won Ji, who's just arrived from Korea and is thus utterly unproven, though seems to be making an impression pre-season.

Are Sunderland trying to buy any more strikers? Coz as it is you're relying on Gyan, who's ace but not the most prolific scorer in the world, Wickham who won't be first team yet surely, and Dong-Won Ji, who's just arrived from Korea and is thus utterly unproven, though seems to be making an impression pre-season.

Bellamy is the rumour. I'd love to have him here...might be a bit of a troublemaker, but he's genuine quality and there's no chance of him bottling the derby like that lot last year. Plus it would infuriate the Mags. But he's a proven striker.

Gyan is great but we can't rely on him. Ji sounds like he's great, most impressive performer in pre-season. Wickham will get a few first-team chances but by all accounts Ji looks better at this stage. If he's good enough, he'll start.

Sessegnon will play as 2nd striker in some games too and he's really really good. Frazer Campbell might back from injury sometime too and we've got youngsters like Craig Lynch, Billy Knott, Ryan Noble and Jordan Cook, all who are highly rated.

You'd hope we'd get in one more, Bellamy would be great, but remember Bruce refused to in January and we played a month with 0 strikers.

And John O'Shea is a legend, should add a lot to the defence but sadly, he's going to miss the Liverpool game.

Archived