A New Day, a New Clue

Westeros

George R.R. Martin has a new clue posted, as promised, and by the title… well, we’re going to guess this is for the role of Pyat Pree, one of the warlocks of Qarth, going off the speculation that the Qartheen for the series may not be so homogeneous as they are in the books. Here’s the title and text:

A Light Shade of Pale

Thrice nominated, once victorious. A double threat. He wrote the script for his own wedding. Has struggled against the Spider’s sort, taken on Santa, caught a tiger by his tail. Never reads the same book twice. Last seen dancing home.

Now to start pondering!

Visit the Site!

I had a look around on other sites and Michael McElhatton seem to be the consensus so far.

Definitely Roose, if its him.

Seems pretty likely going by the fact that he wrote for and acted in (as the titular character) Fergus's Wedding; an was nominated thrice by the IFTA and won one of those.

And yeah, he is definitely what Roose should look like.

Fought Santa: must be Tim Allen. When I read the books I always saw Tim Allen when reading the Roose Bolton parts.

Edit to add substance: I haven't heard the guy's voice but I still think they should dub Dotrices' Roose voice over all the McElhatton's dialogue. Perfect Roose Bolton voice.

I've never heard of the guy but that is probably the most inspired casting I've seen for the show yet. He simply IS Roose Bolton. I'm pleased the character has been cast as there were some scary rumours he may be cut from the show to streamline the cast. Surely we have to get the Bastard soon too?

Archived