Small Questions on ADWD II

mormont

I usually skip the appendixes of this series. So out of boredom, I started browsing the appendix of ADWD. This is what I found which is puzzling to me. Pg 991, under 'House Stark', Jojen was describe as 'a boy blessed with green sight'. Pg 1002, under 'Beyond the Wall', Jojen was describe as 'cursed with greensight'. Anyone care to enlighten?

That's an interesting observation. Seems strange at first, but it does make a subtle kind of sense:

Greensight has advantages and disadvantages. South of the wall in the lands of the Starks, it was mainly a cool thing, what with the prophetic dreams and general zen-ness and so on. However, on his journey beyond the Wall, the frailty of greenseers really bit, what with the cold and so on and he becomes more and more depressed. Also, there is a popular theory that Jojen was killed by the Children of the Forest and fed to Bran in the "weirwood paste" (presumably cause a greenseer is a strong sacrifice and/or whoever eats him gets some of his power). While many are quite convinced of that theory, there are also people who find the mere idea absolutely ludicrous and there are only hints, no outright proof -- but if true, it would highlight another downside to his greensight which only manifested beyond the Wall.

Just for reference, the Feast for Crows appendix lists Jojen, but doesn't mention his greensight at all.

That's an interesting observation. Seems strange at first, but it does make a subtle kind of sense:

Greensight has advantages and disadvantages. South of the wall in the lands of the Starks, it was mainly a cool thing, what with the prophetic dreams and general zen-ness and so on. However, on his journey beyond the Wall, the frailty of greenseers really bit, what with the cold and so on and he becomes more and more depressed. Also, there is a popular theory that Jojen was killed by the Children of the Forest and fed to Bran in the "weirwood paste" (presumably cause a greenseer is a strong sacrifice and/or whoever eats him gets some of his power). While many are quite convinced of that theory, there are also people who find the mere idea absolutely ludicrous and there are only hints, no outright proof -- but if true, it would highlight another downside to his greensight which only manifested beyond the Wall.

Just for reference, the Feast for Crows appendix lists Jojen, but doesn't mention his greensight at all.

That theory quite frankly sucks to be honest . Though I have faith in GRRM that he would not pull such a bullshit thing .

Whether GRRM "pulled that bullshit thing" on top of it all or not (I tried to only mention that theory, not to judge in either direction, as there are threads about it already *hint*), Jojen's experiences beyond the Wall don't exactly win him a "luckiest guy in the world" award: He's sickly and troubled, his greeny-physique is badly equipped to deal with the hardship beyond the Wall and his dreams don't bring him so much fun (his certainty that "the dreams don't lie" being tied to his depression).

In one of Tyrion's chapters, when they are en route to Meereen via the Stinky Steward, Penny is telling him about her time in Braavos. She says: "We performed for the Sealord of Braavos once, and he laughed so hard that afterward he gave each of us a...a grand gift". She clearly hesitates before saying grand gift, like she was about to say something else. Then Tyrion kind of changes the subject. Anybody have any theories as to what the Sealord gave them?

In one of Tyrion's chapters, when they are en route to Meereen via the Stinky Steward, Penny is telling him about her time in Braavos. She says: "We performed for the Sealord of Braavos once, and he laughed so hard that afterward he gave each of us a...a grand gift". She clearly hesitates before saying grand gift, like she was about to say something else. Then Tyrion kind of changes the subject. Anybody have any theories as to what the Sealord gave them?

Here is a thread about that topic; http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/57529-sealords-gift-for-penny/

Ramsay killed him and stole his identity, so he could escape the blame of Lady Hornwood's rape and murder.

I beleive the Northerners killed Reek because they thought he was Ramsay trying to escape. Ramsay then dressed up in rags and filth and pretended to be Reek, until he could reveal himself.

I've got a question. Is Beric Dondarrion dead now? They tell the Frey that his light passed to cat but one of the people there had one eye, the same when they had Brienne too, there was a guy with one eye and Beric lost bis eye fighting the mountain but then why would they lie to some frey they're gonna hang anyway, perhaps they have many one eyed friends but i doubt it.

The guy with one eye your speaking of is Jack-Be-Lucky, one of Lord Beric's men before Beric gave the kiss to Cat " the women who helped kill her husband, and her son" Tully-Stark.

This seems to be the only logical (but who says everything needs to be logical) conclusion based on what Bloodraven has explicitly stated to Bran. He told Bran that he'd never walk again, but he would fly. If he was referring to warging into crows and other winged beasts, then Bran hasn't stopped walking since his accident. He walks all the time in Summer's skin, and more recently in Hodors.

Really hoping that he worg's into Hoder and becomes the "Knight" he's always wanted to be. Why not? While he's in the cave send the 7 foot monster with the Iron sword out into the world to reave his "justice". If anything though out the books Bran has never lost his sense of right and wrong. Hoder Hoder Hoder!

Really hoping that he worg's into Hoder and becomes the "Knight" he's always wanted to be. Why not? While he's in the cave send the 7 foot monster with the Iron sword out into the world to reave his "justice". If anything though out the books Bran has never lost his sense of right and wrong. Hoder Hoder Hoder!

Though many would argue that it is extremely 'wrong' of Bran to warg Hodor at all. It certainly seems to distress Hodor.

Archived