Sandor Clegane 4

Did the mods just merge the "Broader appeal of Sandor" thread into this thread?

:lmao:

I think they are getting really sick of Sandor and want to keep it confined to one thread... frankly, I am not surprised.

And you know what i was just thinking Rapsie, GRRM actually never "redeems" Sandor's character in the strict sense. We just learn more and more about him, and the reader likes him for him. Compare to this to Jaime, whom we learn had to rescue KL from mad Aerys and was always faithful to Cersei etc etc.

That's an excellent point. Sandor is liked in spite of what he's done and for who he is. His development as a character seems very real, whereas Jaime's redemption arc always seemed really forced and maybe why I still don't buy it.

I think they are getting really sick of Sandor and want to keep it confined to one thread... frankly, I am not surprised.

Well they might be sick of Sandor, but others aren't. He is an interesting and popular character and one of the best developed.

Is he the most popular of the non-POVs?

hahahahaha, you're right. Well i hope at least they told Negator so he doesn't think his thread just disappeared. And at least we get to co-opt him now to the movement, right Sisters? :smoking:

He is an interesting and popular character. Is he the most popular of the non-POVs?

You know, I've been on this board for a couple years now and mostly laid low on the Sandor love so as not to be made fun of by other regulars. He's probably one of the most popular non-POVs but for whatever reason he's experienced a spike in popularity lately. I'm not sure what happened, but I love girl talk on the character crushes so I'm not complaining.

Welcome OwnsARiver! The more the merrier.

Question I wanted to toss out for peeps -- how do you picture Sandor? Has any piece of fanart or the series colored your mental image?

The anime fan in me loves this one. But I saw this one pretty soon into reading CoK so it stuck with me.

Yeah, the aforementioned reasons are why I like Sandor too. And I like that he actually does stuff. He doesn't just stand around bitching about Gregor and pining for Sansa. I didn't like him at first because, duh, Micah, but I was totally a fan when he saved Loras. Roaring fangirl right somewhere between him wiping her face off and "not ungently."

hahahahaha, you're right. Well i hope at least they told Negator so he doesn't think his thread just disappeared. And at least we get to co-opt him now to the movement, right Sisters? :smoking:

Hmm, he might be a bit of work, but we can certainly try. ;)

Welcome OwnsARiver! The more the merrier.

Question I wanted to toss out for peeps -- how do you picture Sandor? Has any piece of fanart or the series colored your mental image?

The anime fan in me loves this one. But I saw this one pretty soon into reading CoK so it stuck with me.

Yeah, the aforementioned reasons are why I like Sandor too. And I like that he actually does stuff. He doesn't just stand around bitching about Gregor and pining for Sansa. I didn't like him at first because, duh, Micah, but I was totally a fan when he saved Loras. Roaring fangirl right somewhere between him wiping her face off and "not ungently."

The first more than the second ;) In my mind he is large, angry and have this wildness to him... His scars similar to a guy i know with burnscars (who i actually don`t see as hideous). And that`s with clothes ON. No fanpics have ever been spot on for me, I`m afraid.

I must confess; I have trouble connecting my minds Sandor to Rory McCann....if only they would have let him keep his scottish accent.... Let him go ballistic a few rounds and we will see :D

You know, I've been on this board for a couple years now and mostly laid low on the Sandor love so as not to be made fun of by other regulars. He's probably one of the most popular non-POVs but for whatever reason he's experienced a spike in popularity lately. I'm not sure what happened, but I love girl talk on the character crushes so I'm not complaining.

Hi Alexia.

I`m been admitted to the Sisterhood (while you were somewhere else), after laughing myself to pieces trough all the Sandor threads. Thank you so much for all drunken, though intelligent reasoning and hilarious girl talk.

I will try to contribute to the discussion with much Sandor love and enthusiasm. Hopefully the peak in popularity will give us so many more Sisters, and juicy girl talk -so we will survive until the next book..... :D

Hi Alexia.

I`m been admitted to the Sisterhood (while you were somewhere else), after laughing myself to pieces trough all the Sandor threads. Thank you so much for all drunken, though intelligent reasoning and hilarious girl talk.

Haha. So, what do you think? Does Sandor have a foot fetish? Or something more frightening? ;)

:grouphug: I never realized this emote was depicting a support group. I'll be sitting in the back with the popcorn while you all take your turns at the podium.

Edit:

You know, I've been on this board for a couple years now and mostly laid low on the Sandor love so as not to be made fun of by other regulars.

:frown5:

:grouphug: I never realized this emote was depicting a support group. I'll be sitting in the back with the popcorn while you all take your turns at the podium.

That's where I am when you are discussing the sex appeal of the Cleftjaw! :lol:

A Sandor specific thread merged with a San/San worship thread?

I'm thinking there's a mod with a sense of acceptance of the inevitable.

Yaymod!

Sandor without Sansa is like... fill in the blank. Almost new topic worthy, but now I'm thinking mergeness.

Which kinda gets me to thinking: is there any point to the resurgence of Sandor that does not involve Sansa? Let us imagine there is no hookup with Sansa. What then is the purpose of Sandor's story arc?

Simply slaying unGregor

seems lame, lots of characters can do that.

I hereby submit that Sandor may well be the most important non-POV character in the entire story. Such that there's been rather a lot invested in telling his story simply to vanish as either dead, or re-made as a QI monk digging graves; which in turn makes me wonder why word counts were invested in showing us the Gravedigger. Of course us San/San shippers have at length pontificated upon how awesome it would be for Sandor and Sansa to connect, in ways that we imagine are relevant to the way things play out.

I suppose what I'm asking is: without Sandor in the upcoming Sansa scenario, what other reason might there be for all the investment made to date in Sandor's story?

That's where I am when you are discussing the sex appeal of the Cleftjaw! :lol:

*cough*

Cleftjaw is my specialty. I believe on another thread Kraken backed me up on this.

Wangsty cage match between Sandor and Cleftjaw would not go so well. The Cleftjaw has a fucked up face but he doesn't wangst about it.

A Sandor specific thread merged with a San/San worship thread?

I'm thinking there's a mod with a sense of acceptance of the inevitable.

Yaymod!

Sandor without Sansa is like... fill in the blank. Almost new topic worthy, but now I'm thinking mergeness.

Which kinda gets me to thinking: is there any point to the resurgence of Sandor that does not involve Sansa? Let us imagine there is no hookup with Sansa. What then is the purpose of Sandor's story arc?

Simply slaying unGregor

seems lame, lots of characters can do that.

I hereby submit that Sandor may well be the most important non-POV character in the entire story. Such that there's been rather a lot invested in telling his story simply to vanish as either dead, or re-made as a QI monk digging graves; which in turn makes me wonder why word counts were invested in showing us the Gravedigger. Of course us San/San shippers have at length pontificated upon how awesome it would be for Sandor and Sansa to connect, in ways that we imagine are relevant to the way things play out.

I suppose what I'm asking is: without Sandor in the upcoming Sansa scenario, what other reason might there be for all the investment made to date in Sandor's story?

I have proposed on another thread that he could be Azor Azai or at least take over the BwB and reform them into ass kicking, peasant protection unit.

Archived