Sandor Clegane 4

LOL, not only is he not the Knight of Flowers with the lights off, but there is no way of mistaking SANDOR for the Knight of Flowers either. You know when a "heavily muscled" 6ft+ guy gets into bed with you. Yes please. :leer:

I'd almost need the lights ON with the Knight of Flowers so I'd know it was an actual man creeping into the bed.

I was drinking something when I read this. :rofl:

Well technically everything above the knee is considered the thigh (on the leg), and Sandor's a tall guy, so there's a lot of area there, without risk of getting unmanned by a sword. Which I would consider a groin wound anyway.

From a purely descriptive point of view, I'm pretty sure Arya would have made some mention of it being near his groin if it was in the inside, or close to his knee if it was low down. I'm thinking higher up the thigh on the outside surface, like where the pocket would be on a pair of jeans. That would fuck around with the muscles all right. And yeah, if it was a big wound on the inner surface there's a significant chance of hitting the common femoral, in which case it would have been curtains before he got out of the inn.

And @Alexia, this is probably my first sober post this week so don't feel too bad ;) Fresher's week ^_^

The best gems from that scene are :

1. Bugger that. Bugger him. Bugger you

2. I was hoping you'd do something stupid

Pure gold :)

Just read the scene again and this is so true. He drinks it straight down and has to sit. The funny thing is that after this the conversation moves on and Polliver and Tickler start talking about Harrenhal and the Blackfish, and Sandor, lost in thought staring at the fire, brings up Sansa again, whilst still gulping his wine :) Nervous breakdown indeed. if Sansa only knew how she nearly made the poor man lose his life...

Excellent quotes, brash. :lol:

You know I didn't necessarily read that scene as Sandor having a nervous breakdown. I just saw him as being so stunned he needed a seat and a drink. I thought his nervous breakdown occurred while he was under that tree pouring his heart out.

Actually, about Sandor's statement: "This thing about your mother."

I find that just so interesting. He was obviously about to try to comfort Arya in some way, and wasn't sure how. I wish I knew what happened to Lady Clegane so that I could do a better job of speculating on what he was thinking and what he wanted to say.

Even better... he brings her up again, they start talking about how hot they've heard she is, and he tells them that she's a proper little lady and makes a snide jab at Arya. :lol: One of my favorite moments in the whole series.

Yeah, you know like when you like someone and you're searching for any opportunity to talk about them or reference them.. Ah Sandor, the big sweetie :)

It's very important that he drinks the WINE last, if he gets drunk first, later he may be so wasted that he'd, well, be confused as to what he had to do with his brother and his girlfriend respectively...

I'm terrified... fuck GREGOR and kill SANSA? :rofl: Hey, if Sandor's drunk enough...

LOL, not only is he not the Knight of Flowers with the lights off, but there is no way of mistaking SANDOR for the Knight of Flowers either. You know when a "heavily muscled" 6ft+ guy gets into bed with you. Yes please. :leer:

I'd almost need the lights ON with the Knight of Flowers so I'd know it was an actual man creeping into the bed.

I don't think you'd need to be worried about the Knight of Flowers. Yes, it is a man creeping into the bed but not exactly interested in that way.... but yes, Sandor Clegane is a much better experience than the poor Knight of Flowers.

Am I the only one who giggled like a maniac when Robb regretted not making a marriage alliance with the Tyrells by offering Sansa to their Knight of Flowers? If only she knew how close she came to the fantasy she really doesn't want!

***edited because I'm so drunk I forgot which words I'm emphasizing... *guzzles more sour, red wine*

Excellent quotes, brash. :lol:

You know I didn't necessarily read that scene as Sandor having a nervous breakdown. I just saw him as being so stunned he needed a seat and a drink. I thought his nervous breakdown occurred while he was under that tree pouring his heart out.

:) hehehehe, nah it starts at the inn... i don't think he was planning on getting so pissing drunk, especially with Gregor's men all around, but the news of Sansa's marriage sent him over the edge.

:) hehehehe, nah it starts at the inn... i don't think he was planning on getting so pissing drunk, especially with Gregor's men all around, but the news of Sansa's marriage sent him over the edge.

Lets be real, anything that has to do with Sansa can send him over the edge. :P

But yes I can see it now. That entire scene was some of the best written in the series.

Am I the only one who's not drunk :(

I do know that I'm the only guy around though :dunce:

Anyway, regarding the Knight of the Flowers creeping in your beds (god that made him sound like the Boogeyman or something...), the only thing you need to worry is him stealing the blanket. Now, me on the other hand... I'd too would prefer Sandor. Wow, did that come out wrong or what...

I still think it is pretty funny how Sansa thought, when boiled down to its essence, that kissing Sandor was a lot better than kissing Tyrion. :lol: I like them both too, or I did before ADWD at least (though my passion for Tyrion hit its high in ACOK). Sandor the amoral murderous killer and Tyrion the amoral murderous drunk

Any other thoughts?

A couple. Maybe slightly crazy ones. I can understand why Sansa thought kissing Sandor was a lot better. Like you said, the whole forced marriage scenario and being a Lannister was completely repugnant to her. Even a good looking guy would have a hard time getting through that to her. People say they are equally ugly, but to me they aren't. Maybe it's just my perception of beauty, but Tyrion doesn't even have a nose....That is completely nasty, and the dwarf thing too. Sandor's face may be burned but at least he's still got most of it, to go along with his muscles. There was also no situation like that with Sandor.

Maybe there was some subconscious part of her that liked being dominated by Sandor..I dunno. It happens. Probably several of us wouldn't mind that idea :P I'm sure there were also aspects of Sandor's personality that she didn't even realize she liked, whereas when Tyrion interacted with her it was all kinda impersonal courtesy....certainly no jokes going on, even in poor taste.

Anyway, regarding the Knight of the Flowers creeping in your beds (god that made him sound like the Boogeyman or something...), the only thing you need to worry is him stealing the blanket. Now, me on the other hand... I'd too would prefer Sandor. Wow, did that come out wrong or what...

Sort of, but its ok. Your secret is safe with us. ;)

I'm not drunk either,but I'm dying laughing at this mental image. LMAO And as for him being the Boogeyman, he practically IS

since he got his face murdered off by hot pitch at Dragonstone. I can't even imagine how fucking Freddy Krueger scary he looks like now. We think Sandor is bad?...."Don't go to sleep" LOL

You are eye-candy, and the other guys are wasting an opportunity in a thread full of girls. :lol:

I know what you meant, and you'd certainly be safe from any sexual aggressiveness from Sandor but...

:lmao:

A couple. Maybe slightly crazy ones. I can understand why Sansa thought kissing Sandor was a lot better. Like you said, the whole forced marriage scenario and being a Lannister was completely repugnant to her. Even a good looking guy would have a hard time getting through that to her. People say they are equally ugly, but to me they aren't. Maybe it's just my perception of beauty, but Tyrion doesn't even have a nose....That is completely nasty, and the dwarf thing too. Sandor's face may be burned but at least he's still got most of it, to go along with his muscles. There was also no situation like that with Sandor.

Yes... Tyrion is a great character, but like I said, my height or taller, and the nose thing is absolutely disgusting. That is awful -- and Sansa thought he was the ugliest man she'd ever seen before he lost the nose so I suspect the dwarf thing is actually the least of poor Tyrion's problems. For myself... I don't care so much about a pretty face (honestly, I probably wouldn't go for burns like that in real life either but this is fiction) but body makes up for a lot. Sandor comes off as way sexier than Tyrion, sorry little guy.

Maybe there was some subconscious part of her that liked being dominated by Sandor..I dunno. It happens. Probably several of us wouldn't mind that idea :P I'm sure there were also aspects of Sandor's personality that she didn't even realize she liked, whereas when Tyrion interacted with her it was all kinda impersonal courtesy....certainly no jokes going on, even in poor taste.

She likes Sandor's ferociousness... so yeah, I think she liked how dominant he is. Tyrion simply can't dominate a woman with his stature challenges, and Tyrion likes saucy, sassy women (which Sansa isn't) whereas Sandor is just as humorless as Sansa is.

And when you add on the kiss fantasies... his cruel mouth on hers... Sansa likes them dominant. ;)

And Rinso! Start drinking!

Sorry, but no matter how dominant/pro-active Sansa becomes in everyday life as she grows up, she is obviously going to be the most vanilla, submissive lover in the history of vanilla, submissive lovers.

And I'm pretty sure during her actual wedding, she reflects on how Tyrion is "even uglier than the Hound" when he kisses her.

@Rinso: I'm sober :) A bit jumped up on caffeine though!

People say they are equally ugly, but to me they aren't. Maybe it's just my perception of beauty, but Tyrion doesn't even have a nose....That is completely nasty, and the dwarf thing too. Sandor's face may be burned but at least he's still got most of it, to go along with his muscles. There was also no situation like that with Sandor.

I don't think they are equally ugly, either. I work with a man whose left side of his face was severely burned, yes we are talking about deep, terrible scarring and I don't really notice it anymore, sometimes I stop and realize the scar is still there, but it's not creepy or gross and wouldn't be a turn off.

Yeah, so still back at KFD.... You people post all day long, it's great.

Much as prefer the poetic resonance of KFD, I'd be inclined to quibble with it as the logical order, which should be KDF. Which sounds wonky to the ear but would be the order in which Sandor would do it and, at a guess, judging from today's posts would mirror RL just a little. <-- {pick a smiley}

She likes Sandor's ferociousness... so yeah, I think she liked how dominant he is. Tyrion simply can't dominate a woman with his stature challenges, and Tyrion likes saucy, sassy women (which Sansa isn't) whereas Sandor is just as humorless as Sansa is.

Well I agree with all of that, but I don't think Sandor is totally humourless....he's made me laugh on several occasions. But it's more a sarcastic, maybe not even trying to be funny way. And hey, maybe I should join the party. I have a bottle of Bacardi in the fridge and plenty of juice :P

You are eye-candy, and the other guys are wasting an opportunity in a thread full of girls. :lol:

I know, right!

And when you add on the kiss fantasies... his cruel mouth on hers... Sansa likes them dominant. ;)

I remember that she had a dream in which she relived her wedding night and Tyrion transformed into Sandor, and he didn't, well, let's say he didn't cancel the main event. It's somewhere in ASOS.

But, Sandor, humorless as he is, has managed to crack me up once or twice.

And Rinso! Start drinking!

Why? I just stopped! I'm straight edge now. Or... I'm going to be, once I clear away my remaining pot reserves. I'll just have try to be goofy without the helpful ocassional mug (or two, or five, or...).

Yeah, so still back at KFD.... You people post all day long, it's great.

Much as prefer the poetic resonance of KFD, I'd be inclined to quibble with it as the logical order, which should be KDF. Which sounds wonky to the ear but would be the order in which Sandor would do it and, at a guess, judging from today's posts would mirror RL just a little. <-- {pick a smiley}

I am so slow... and drunk. What is KFD? KDF?

Sorry, but no matter how dominant/pro-active Sansa becomes in everyday life as she grows up, she is obviously going to be the most vanilla, submissive lover in the history of vanilla, submissive lovers.

Perhaps not vanilla, but certainly submissive....

And Black Amethyst, please join the party. It is Saturday night, my husband is at work and I am getting drunk. Make me feel like a better person.

Well I agree with all of that, but I don't think Sandor is totally humourless....he's made me laugh on several occasions. But it's more a sarcastic, maybe not even trying to be funny way.

Yes but he isn't like Tyrion, who appreciates and is attracted to Shae's wit. Look at how Tyrion and Sandor respond to Sansa's demeanor. Sansa wasn't really trying to freeze Tyrion out, whatever he thought. She was trying to be the ideal wife she'd been brought up to be. Tyrion resents it and thinks that she prays for his death. It turns Sandor on. :leer:

Why? I just stopped! I'm straight edge now. Or... I'm going to be, once I clear away my remaining pot reserves. I'll just have try to be goofy without the helpful ocassional mug (or two, or five, or...).

Then clear them away by smoking a joint. Gosh, I think I last smoked pot like 8 years or so ago... mixed in tobacco, in a hookah!

Archived