The missing sex scene

brashcandy

Was there ever even so much as an allusion to man-man lovin' at the Wall? Sure there were whores to be bought in the Hobbit-esque town near Castle Black. Still, little coin and long, cold nights; pecking order. Given GRRM's inclination to toss in dirty details, this seems to be a glaring omission.

Just wonderin'.

This always struck me as strange too... i can't remember there being any mention of it although we could be wrong. And if GRRM didn't mention it then yeah that was a big big omission.

ADWD spoiler

i can't remember the exact event but was it on one of the ships that some sailors took one of the men down below and raped him? Was it with a Victarion POV or Tyrion? And now we have Satin at the Wall... does he mention anything about the men trying to perv on Satin?

I love a good rape scene actually

:thumbsup:

It's just a sex scene in a novel so lighten up people! It's not like brashcandy said he/she would do it! And you don't find it disturbing that Joffrey would've impregnated her the moment she got her period, provided they were still betrothed??? :wacko:

:thumbsup:

It's just a sex scene in a novel so lighten up people! It's not like brashcandy said he/she would do it! And you don't find it disturbing that Joffrey would've impregnated her the moment she got her period, provided they were still betrothed??? :wacko:

Rape jokes are not funny. Ever. Period.

Of course it's disturbing that Joff was going to rape her. Who said it wasn't?

Was there ever even so much as an allusion to man-man lovin' at the Wall? Sure there were whores to be bought in the Hobbit-esque town near Castle Black. Still, little coin and long, cold nights; pecking order. Given GRRM's inclination to toss in dirty details, this seems to be a glaring omission.

Just wonderin'.

In ADWD one of the brothers reacted a little bit too emotionally when he found out about the death of a ranging party. His first reaction was to think of Jack, even though nine were missing. And when he finds out that yes Jack's head was one of the ones on the spikes he bursts into tears. Of course, this is all just speculation on my part.

I liked Renly/Loras on the show. It made for good t.v. They have one of the few truly romantic relationships in the series.

However, the less sex scenes GRMM writes the better although I need to read Jon and Dany's because I want to know how she gets him to have sex with her.

I'm guessing Jon will agonize, AGONIZE!, over breaking his vows first (which I think is his idea of foreplay) and then get naked.

& that she's his aunt provided that he knows by that time. I think she only needs to get him to do it once then she's in. He really didn't object after Ygritte got him the first time.

I would have loved to read a romantic scene between Renly and Loras. Sex would have been great as well so long as there was some love, rather than the mechanical pleasure seeking that leaves the character and the reader feeling slightly soiled and cheated. It would be good to see R & L making love rather than simply screwing.

Oh, yes. Neither character is my favorite, but that "sun has set" line from Loras broke my heart. I'm a great believer in well-done sex scenes revealing character as nothing else can. Brienne worshipped Renley, but I think Loras really loved him.

Loras would have been a good POV or still would be if he lives ( I think he will). If he's now disfigured, I think he might take a level in badass (after the emo phase) and be a fearsome fighter with an "unkillable" reputation.

I'm not really into Renly/Loras. Their casting pretty much ruined it to me. Their book!versions are way better but I think GRRM just avoids writing gay sex because he's uncomfortable.

I'm guessing Jon will agonize, AGONIZE!, over breaking his vows first (which I think is his idea of foreplay) and then get naked.

Only after agonising for ages about how unnatractive and how much she repulses him but once he sees her naked he'll keep going back and back and back. Of course after spendign another hundred pages complaining about his vows and how repulsive she is on each occasion.

Then the Snow fans will all be saying how perfect and true love it all is.

Only after agonising for ages about how unnatractive and how much she repulses him but once he sees her naked he'll keep going back and back and back. Of course after spendign another hundred pages complaining about his vows and how repulsive she is on each occasion.

Then the Snow fans will all be saying how perfect and true love it all is.

Cut Jon some slack please :lol: Do you guys remember Arys Oakheart when he was in bed with Arianne and he kept going on and on and on about how he was breaking his vows and oh he couldn't believe he was actually allowing himself to sleep with this beautiful, nubile girl. That was a lot more ridiculous to me. And Jon wasn't so much agonising over his vows as he was worried that he was in the wildling camp as a spy and the last thing he wanted was a romantic entanglement, because he knew it wouldn't end well. And we know it didn't.

Loras would have been a good POV or still would be if he lives ( I think he will). If he's now disfigured, I think he might take a level in badass (after the emo phase) and be a fearsome fighter with an "unkillable" reputation.

I'm not really into Renly/Loras. Their casting pretty much ruined it to me. Their book!versions are way better but I think GRRM just avoids writing gay sex because he's uncomfortable.

Yeah I think he's a bit uncomfortable with it. I would love to see a Loras POV for sure, and if Martin is adventurous we could still get a flashback scene. I'm really interested in the relationship between Loras and Marg though, much more than I've ever been in the one between Jaime and Cersei. And it would be good to have some insight into what the hell was going on there. As for what Loras will do next - if he lives - I think the scarring may be a good thing - he won't have the adoration of the young girls any more, but he may have a lot more depth and be more interesting as a character.

Archived