Sandor Clegane v. 11

Yup, poor Sansa was a bit scandalised, but I'm sure that was about the mildest thing Randa will tell her when they really settle in. :)

*had a sudden vision of another gratuitous lesbian scene a la Dany, and Cersei, I mean really what is up with this?*

GEORGE RR!

Whaaa :blushing:

.... :devil:

----

Been spending a lot of time in the crackpot thread lately, so, why not? Crackpot: Sandor got warged by the unaware Sansa during BBB, and she read his thoughts knowing he wnated to kiss her. Thus why she "misremembered"

:) Crackpot that's already been put out there, but debunked due to the fact that the wargee is always aware of the warger, and the feelings of violation are intense.

I prefer to think that Sansa put her own spin on it, and just why the heck was the Hound pulling her closer?

:) Crackpot that's already been put out there, but debunked due to the fact that the wargee is always aware of the warger, and the feelings of violation are intense.

I prefer to think that Sansa put her own spin on it, and just why the heck was the Hound pulling her closer?

Oh I think you know why.

*snicker*

I do wonder when she will begin to realize her warging abilities, though.

Probably through a dog in the Vale, by accident. I think the connection with the old blind dog at the Fingers was a foreshawdowing that she'll eventually get a proper dog to warg and protect her if need be.

Yup, poor Sansa was a bit scandalised, but I'm sure that was about the mildest thing Randa will tell her when they really settle in. :)

I love Randa. Not least because if Sandor ever shows up in the Vale and she finds out about Alayne's sexy dreams concerning him, she'd totally be all, "Get it, gurl." :lol: Not sure she'd be that way with Sansa, but she'd definitely be like that with Alayne (assuming she's convinced he wasn't behind Saltpans and other crimes).

I love Randa. Not least because if Sandor ever shows up in the Vale and she finds out about Alayne's sexy dreams concerning him, she'd totally be all, "Get it, gurl." :lol: Not sure she'd be that way with Sansa, but she'd definitely be like that with Alayne (assuming she's convinced he wasn't behind Saltpans and other crimes).

I think us shippers have found a friend in Randa. :D

the "Sisterhood" might be pleased to know that, as of my third re-read of AGOT, Sandor is growing on me.... grudgingly..... <_<

:) He's definitely an acquired taste. I hated him through most of the first two books and still didn't like him through most of ASoS. But then he tried to talk to Arya about her mom, and I just couldn't fight my Sandor love anymore.

This probably doesn't even belong here but did you guys see the new production video on makingofgameofthrones.com??? Rory in his Hound makeup shoots a grin and a thumbs up to the camera! *swoon*

haha, i'll admit to swooning as well, there is another video floating around YouTube of him grabbing ice cream from a vender and then laughing before shooting more scenes from the riot. He's really adorable.

The behind the scenes stuff is so bittersweet though, i love seeing it and everything but it only makes the months left of waiting horrendous.

haha, i'll admit to swooning as well, there is another video floating around YouTube of him grabbing ice cream from a vender and then laughing before shooting more scenes from the riot. He's really adorable.

The behind the scenes stuff is so bittersweet though, i love seeing it and everything but it only makes the months left of waiting horrendous.

Must find that video, he has a great smile (;

I picked up aGoT around the same time I started watching the HBO show... which was sometime this June... (for me) I admit GRRM has ruled my whole life since then, I can't imagine having started when the books started, guess I'm just lucky, ha!

Also, in that part where Sansa remembers how the angry mob broke and ran before Sandor, and she says "...his terrible burned face for a moment transformed." What do you guys take that as?? I always thought it meant he looked either happy or just like he was enjoying himself, that he looked normal I guess, or even attractive (;

I wonder what would happen if Petrarch,* Sandor and Dante's* complete works translated into Westerosi had to share a guest house in a Septry. Perhaps Petrarch expy would be visiting the Septry in order to track down the writings of Valyria's Cicero.

Who would be from Pentos and would probably follow R'hllor instead.

It is high time for "dolce stil nuovo" to appear in Westeros, I think :).

I have to find that. I've always loved seeing big strong men eating ice cream. Very sexy. ;)

Also, in that part where Sansa remembers how the angry mob broke and ran before Sandor, and she says "...his terrible burned face for a moment transformed." What do you guys take that as?? I always thought it meant he looked either happy or just like he was enjoying himself, that he looked normal I guess, or even attractive (;

I love how ambiguous that line is and have often wondered about it too. I had similar guesses as you, but also considered that it might have been a reference to him being "transformed" into a hero in Sansa's eyes. At that moment he went from being a surly disfigured bodyguard to a True Knight worthy of a song. Mayhaps.

On a semi-related topic, I think it's interesting how important Sansa's reaction to Sandor's face is to their overall interactions. In her POVs she makes several references that tell us her reactions at various times- she often purposely positions herself so his scars are out of her line of sight, yet makes a conscious effort to not let his appearance interfere with her courtesies. This seems to be a reasonable (and fairly RL) reaction. In other words, his disfigurement is something she is very aware of (obviously) but it doesn't dictate how she treats or thinks about him.

On the other hand, Sandor seems obsessed with provoking her into reacting to his appearance. On multiple occasions he comments that he noticed her avoiding his face, or demands that she look directly at him. I reread the scene in her bedroom after the BBB last night and was struck by this disconnect between them. He grabs her and taunts her into looking at him, and is angry when she closes her eyes (when she thinks he's going to kiss her). However, from Sansa's point of view, I felt that she was reacting much more to his drunkeness, his general crazed appearance (he's covered with dried blood and vomit- gross!), the overall horror of the battle, his startling invasion into her private bedroom, and his rough treatment of her, both physically and verbally. In short, at that moment I think his disfigured face was the least of her concerns.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this train of thought, but I do think it's interesting that Sandor seems so fixated on having Sansa look at his face (which to me denotes deep feelings of insecurity and longing for acceptance), while Sansa generally places more importance on his behavior, despite her well-known penchant for "pretty boys". If she ever told him about how she saw his face "transform" during the mob scene, I think he would swoon with delight!

Hey are we given Sandors exact age at any point? Only wondering because he looks old to me in the HBO series

Lemoncake is correct. At the start of the AGOT novel, Sandor is approximately 26. As fot the television series, they aged everyone up a few years, so that when Dany (13 in the novel) is essentially sold to a barbaric culture and Drogo has rough sex with her, HBO would not be portraying a 13 year old girl having that rough sex. So Dany in the HBO series is not supposed to be 13, but rather 18, I think, meaning there has not been 14 years between the end of the war (Robert's Rebellion) and the start of the series, but rather about 19 - making Sandor about 31 or so.... Also, I'm sure HBO just cst whichever man they though was best for they job, within a reasonable age range....

Archived