Least Fav POV?

TyrionsFlagon

Arya. She has been totally removed from the story and it seems like she is treading water. I really enjoyed her POV until she seperated from the Hound. I hope she realistcally is able to migrate back into the overall story. I really hope she does not become some super human assassin.

Catelyn started out okay but really went downhill

Cersi was a much better character until I had to read her POV.

Daenery's has morphed from a great read in GoT, then she started dragging as I wondered when is she ever going to do anything with the masssive amount of pages devoted to her, until she completely regressed in ADwD becoming an unreadable ditzy teenage girl.

I used to skip through Bran's chapters, but then I started reading them and found out I actually like some of the later ones. I liked Dany's in the first book, but her POV's started getting boring when she came upon the Slave Cities. OTOH, Jon was boring to me in the first couple of books, but I started really liking his POV's later on.

For me it generally depends on the book who I like and don't. In certain books, some characters are the more compelling and in the next, others are.

I can understand some fans getting bored with some of Dany, but at least she has great chapters in each book (even in Dance she had one of the best chapters), I think the same applies to Jon also.

The only POVS I struggle with are the ones we don't get very often (ie Areo, Damphair, Arys, Quentyn and others) . I do like them, but sometimes they feel a bit seccondary and I'd rather read about the ones I like enjoy.

Daenerys - I was indifferent to her POVs in AGOT & ACOK. Disliked them in ASOS. Absolutely hated them ADWD.

If you skip Dany's Chapters in ADWD it actually improves the book.

:agree: I found that as well.

ETA:

In AFFC: Damphair.

Davos. I just don't give a fcuk about him.

If he dies, good. If he lives, good. If he comes back to his shanty with his peasant wife to smuggle onions and fish, good too.

And the Greyjoy brothers... Yawn. Aeron and Victarion are just blah.

Aeron and all his ranting about his drowned god and all the sins and whatever is as boring as Melisandre's lectures about her "rulor"

And Victarion is just a character I cannot relate to.

Dany as a character keeps getting more and more annoying. But her chapters are still interesting because of the war in Mereen.

If you skip Dany's Chapters in ADWD it actually improves the book.

:lol: I should try that!

Someone, I can't remember who, said that if you just read Dany's first chapter and her last one, and fill in the gaps with Barristan and Quentyn's POVs, you still get the gist of the story and don't actually really miss anything. ;)

I'll say something in defense of Dorne: It only seems like it's a dead end. The two books where Dorne's subplot was really featured were mostly doing set-up. It will almost have to play a substantial role eventually (or else Quentyn's entire arc was completely pointless).

Arys Oakheart. I still can't figure out why GRRM gave him a POV in the first place. What crucial info did he convey that couldn't be given by Arianne or Hotah?

I think Arys' POV and his personal conflict over his Kingsguard duty might end up being a foreshadowing of future conflicts that other members (like Loras) might face. That's what I got out of it, anyway.

Archived