NBA 2011-2012 Season

The Imp's Advocate

Looks like now he is out indefinitely after an MRI. Ya hate to see games & series being decided by injuries, but the East is a completely different place than it was 2 weeks ago. I'm very confident with the C's chances against Philly and think Miami will still take out the Pacers and if the Celtics can stay as healthy as they are (which isn't a lot), I give them a strong punchers chance against Miami.

Yeah I agree. The Heat can get by against the Pacers with LeBron at power forward but it's completely different against the Celtics. They need Bosh against Boston to match up against Garnett so LeBron can go vs. Pierce. Miami always seems to be wary of Boston more than any other team in East. They have even more reason now.

Really looking forward to OKC and the Lakers. Should be a fantastic series

ETA: WOW OKC are taking the Lakers behind the wood shed!

Boo hiss. Rondo can be brilliant and he can be a nob. Why did you hold on to the ball, waiving off every better offensive option on the floor, for 19 seconds?

Ouch Laketown...very ouch.

Did Artest get sent off again? Seemed like another foul on Harden there.

This should be a great series. Phenomenal dunk from Durant over 7ft Bynum btw, awesome.

Anyone think Clippers will not be swept by the Spurs?

Did Artest get sent off again? Seemed like another foul on Harden there.

This should be a great series. Phenomenal dunk from Durant over 7ft Bynum btw, awesome.

Anyone think Clippers will not be swept by the Spurs?

I think the Clips have enough to make it an entertaining series - they can definitely win a game but I don't see a real chance for them upsetting the Spurs.

Just saw that OKC had 4 turnovers last night? That's crazy.

Clippers can definetly make it a series against the Clips, provided they get a similar bench effort to the one they got against Memphis in Game 7, and that Paul and Griffin are somewhere close to effective despite their injuries.....

......on second thought......Spurs in 5

*sigh* You know, I really think having Stern bone us with that Paul trade veto fucked us for the whole season. Oh well, hopefully we can make a few moves next year to get another viable, CONSISTENT scoring option. Kobe can't drop 40 every night and pull out a win.

Yeah, that sucks a lot. That's kind of how it goes with an ACL, though; Adrian Peterson might barely be ready to go in September, and he blew his out in December sometime. And he's a freak.

Indy managed to take home court from the Heat. If you're whoever owns the Pacers, do you set aside like 500 seats and bus in a bunch of ornery, pissed off Cleveland fans for Game 3?

Clips are hanging with the Spurs here, but I have to say Spurs in 5 is the smart pick.

Bad news for Derrick Rose. Expected to be out anywhere between 8 and 12 months.

http://espn.go.com/c...ths-acl-surgery

Cringed when I saw that. I'm sure he's going to be getting just about beyond the best care possible, but even so that's shooting the Bulls 12-13 season right in the heart. I don't see them pulling a Colts, but for a season they are just going to be such a different team.

Spurs put it to the Clips in the end, Pacers steal one in Miami - without Bosh, that might be an interesting series now.

And Bird puts up a first - League MVP, Coach of the Year and now Executive of the Year. And then is stepping down.

C's go up 2-1, started out a little slow but then got back into what got them through the last series - get Garnett involved. Thinking they lose the next, win back in Boston and then close out in Philly.

OKC shows they have a little backbone as well to go up 2-0.

Yeah, that sucks a lot. That's kind of how it goes with an ACL, though; Adrian Peterson might barely be ready to go in September, and he blew his out in December sometime. And he's a freak.

Indy managed to take home court from the Heat. If you're whoever owns the Pacers, do you set aside like 500 seats and bus in a bunch of ornery, pissed off Cleveland fans for Game 3?

Clips are hanging with the Spurs here, but I have to say Spurs in 5 is the smart pick.

Christ, they didn't even have to do that. THey just blew the Heat off the court.

I have to admit that I'm stunned by this result.

I'm not stunned that Indy won, but I'm stunned that they absolutely throttled Miami for three quarters. Take away that first quarter and it was an unrelenting massacre.

I didn't get to watch it. Did Miami quit or just get outclassed?

I have to admit that I'm stunned by this result. I'm not stunned that Indy won, but I'm stunned that they absolutely throttled Miami for three quarters. Take away that first quarter and it was an unrelenting massacre. I didn't get to watch it. Did Miami quite or just get outclassed?

I'd say quit, but I only saw the 4th quarter.

I only saw the last 6 seconds, but look at the box score. The only player who has what I'd consider a positive stat line for the Heat is Chalmers. Wade apparently just shit the bed and had the worst playoff game of his career; 5 points, 2-of-13 shooting, and got in his coach's face; meanwhile, every single member of the Pacers' starting 5 had a good stat line, and Hibbert was a total beast; 19 points, 18 boards, 5 blocks. So... a bit of both.

If we got Spurs v. Celtics in the finals it would be an awesome repudiation of youth. It would be the "get your government hands off my Medicare" version of the NBA finals.

The "Get Off My Lawn" showdown! Garnett and Duncan might just show up for game 7 in Hoverounds...

By the Old Gods and the New...I would love to see Timmeh and KG go at it in the finals.

Is it wrong that I am enjoying the Heat's implosion? The Bosh injury is unfortunate, but clearly their problems go deeper than one injury. I no longer think they are a given for the finals, but I am not sure the Pacers can finish them off, if they go up 3-1 I think it is over, but I fully expect the Heat to reorganize after the embarrassment of game 3 and even the series. But The Celtics or The Spurs or Thunder are all teams that could expose these weaknesses over an entire series.

Spoelstra will have to be the one to hang for coming up short again should they fail, someone will have to be held accountable and it won't be the stars.

Archived