NBA 2011-2012 Season

The Imp's Advocate

Loved the way the C's looked - hopefully they can close out tomorrow and get a little rest to the nicks and dings they have.

Looks like the Sixers are up next and I'm really still liking how that match up looks right now.

Spurs look great. They have been by far the best team in the NBA for the last 2 months or so and it's not even close. They are something like 30-3 since mid March and I believe at least one of those losses was because they sat down all three of Manu, Parker and Duncan.

They are not particularly strong inside, so they may be suspect against a team with good post players. One of their last losses was against a Laker team without Kobe when Bynum went crazy and got 30 rebounds. There aren't many of those teams left (probably just Lakers and possibly Memphis, when they feel like using their bigs), but there is a decent chance that Spurs will run into at least one of those (potentially Memphis, if the latest injuries to Paul and Blake are serious).

If the Spurs can get out of the west, I definitely like their chances in the finals. I would think if Miami is there, they would be favored (maybe by a lot), but Spurs have home court and Miami has been far from impressive on the road. Winning by offense / 3-point shooting while being mediocre on defense is not really a winning formula in the postseason, but I am willing to drink the kool-aid because I really, really would like this Spurs team to win a final championship, especially against Miami.

Miami will probably sweep the Pacers, or maybe take them in 5, and I think Boston may be too worn out to beat them in a series, I have concerns about their durability , so I do think the Heat making it out of the East is a given. I do hope someone beats them even if it is in the finals again.

Watched a great game last night, Clippers at home against Grizzlies, 3-2 result and they could finish it, but they just lost the game ( again. Now it's 3-3 and the final game is all-deciding and very tense. These teams are very well matched.

Remarkable also that the Lakers lost their last two games against the Nuggets and are now on the verge of being ejected.

Loved the way the C's looked - hopefully they can close out tomorrow and get a little rest to the nicks and dings they have.

Looks like the Sixers are up next and I'm really still liking how that match up looks right now.

It's going to be a defensive struggle. I'd be surprised if it went less than 6, but ultimately the Cs have got to be favorites. I'm curious to see if Evan Turner gets matched up on Rondo, and if his length can help contain him better than most can...cause that's the key to the series. Iggy can contain Pierce, and if Turner can hang with Rondo there's a real chance for the 76ers in this series.

The problem is the Cs have more guys who can hit a big shot in a close game than the 76ers do.

Everyone likes to talk about Kobe chasing Jordan in terms of rings, but isn't it crazy to think that if San Antonio were to win it all this year, Tim Duncan would be tied with Kobe at five?

Everyone likes to talk about Kobe chasing Jordan in terms of rings, but isn't it crazy to think that if San Antonio were to win it all this year, Tim Duncan would be tied with Kobe at five?

In a way it kinda goes back to the Larry v. Magic - one did it with flash and glam, one did it with workman attitude. We hear more about Kobe's because of the threepeat, Shaq, etc. All we generally hear about Timmah is how boring the play style is. Fucking 97 lottery.

Good win for the C's last night, holding on to home court.

Kobe is more like Jordan, a scoring machine with a huge ego and a monomaniacal drive to win. Bascially, Kobe intentionally modeled himself after his idol. There is no doubt that Duncan is great, but for most people Jordan set the standard for the modern ball player, even Lebron James, for all of his talent and acclaim has been criticized for not being more like Jordan/Kobe.

Yeah, OKC is way too athletic for the Lake Show. I see things ending badly with this series. Only way Lakers advance is if Bynum and Gasol go bonkers every game.

Agreed. Bynum is a huge key. He is in turns freakish lengthy talent and enigmatic child. If he brings it like last night, they can beat anyone. But I am not really expecting him too. Blake continuing to be a big threat from outside is another key.

I agree that Kobe is looking older and slower, and that shouldn't be too surprising. He's going to need to pick his spots, and he's going to need to lead and motivate. He needs to light the fire under Bynum, and I think he knows this.

It's so funny though. I have been bred to hate the Lakers, but I'll root for them if they end up going against Miami in the finals. I mean, I'll root for whatever western team, but even the Lakers.

Yeah, OKC is way too athletic for the Lake Show. I see things ending badly with this series. Only way Lakers advance is if Bynum and Gasol go bonkers every game.

Not that OKC needs more bulletin board material (a picture of MWP's elbow should be enough), but he does it again - MWP putting some of the blame on Harden & instead of just shutting his mouth, throwing more fuel on the fire with "I don't fist-bump subs."

Pacers played really well, and yes of course one hopes for them to win even though one knows it won't happen.

The Heat ran away from them in the 4th quarter.

And Clippers beat Grizzlies, this means I have predicted 7 out of 8 first round play-off games correctly. And no one foresaw the Bulls losing against the Sixers of course.

Go Pacers. Indy is giving them a game and Bosh is out for the game.

Looks like now he is out indefinitely after an MRI. Ya hate to see games & series being decided by injuries, but the East is a completely different place than it was 2 weeks ago. I'm very confident with the C's chances against Philly and think Miami will still take out the Pacers and if the Celtics can stay as healthy as they are (which isn't a lot), I give them a strong punchers chance against Miami.

Archived