Star Wars: The Old Republic: Episode II

Kosciuszko

Lyanna, as an agent how could you have the audacity to call any other class' story great? We got the best one (no, I haven't played BH or any republic class but I'm still 100% sure)! Or is it that you don't like your new life as a slave puppet :P ?

I will never understand women. Corso is one of the favorite romances? I've only played the Smuggler prologue, but I thought he just came off as a giant tool lol.

Edit: I also generally find the ranged tanks to be inferior to their melee counterparts. They engage from ranged, and although they have one distance closer, that usually only lasts for one mob, so they usually won't be able to use their shortrange (10m, maybe?) high threat + defensive buff move (such as Flameguard) for very long. The melee tanks' aoe high threat +debuff is also much better than anything the ranged tanks bring to the table.

Lyanna, as an agent how could you have the audacity to call any other class' story great? We got the best one (no, I haven't played BH or any republic class but I'm still 100% sure)! Or is it that you don't like your new life as a slave puppet :P ?

Hahahah!! :D I am not going to abandon my Agent, dont worry. It's a great story so far and I have a feeling it will only become better. It's just...the Agent as a character (at least the way I play mine) feels rather repressed, focused and dutiful compared to the smuggler type person. I mean sure, she can flirt or sleep her way out of some situations, but then it's totally cold and just a job, and even clear in some cases she really does not enjoy it at all (quite the opposite in fact).

I guess it's also the companions. I don't really feel like having a chat with Kaliyo. If I click her she goes like "What?", "Hey, I just shoot things" or "Don't we have a job to do?" Vector is a bit better, but even he is like "We obey", "The stars are weary" and "Yes, Agent?" Plus the way the Agent speaks is very....correct, and sometimes almost stilted.

The smuggler tosses a coin and shoots it as recuperate! (which made me do it all the time) and omg Corso! and his comments! He's like "Captain", "Right behind ya", "You have a strange idea of fun" and "Do you sometimes feel we are in over our heads?" and when you start a fight he's all "YEEHA!!!" and "Now you're dumb, ugly AND dead!" It's like, you actually feel you could reply to him, as if you almost had a conversation going with your sidekick. I doubt anybody wants to have a side kick conversation with Kaliyo 0.o and Vector is too busy reading auras and hearing the song of the electrons and what not to actually say something that doesn't sound as if he is in space hippie mode.

That said, in Vector's favour, he gave me a sick amount of affection points for being snarky about the ulgo usurper on Alderaan, so he's not that bad. He's just...not Corso, I guess. :lol:

I will never understand women. Corso is one of the favorite romances? I've only played the Smuggler prologue, but I thought he just came off as a giant tool lol.

Edit: I also generally find the ranged tanks to be inferior to their melee counterparts. They engage from ranged, and although they have one distance closer, that usually only lasts for one mob, so they usually won't be able to use their shortrange (10m, maybe?) high threat + defensive buff move (such as Flameguard) for very long. The melee tanks' aoe high threat +debuff is also much better than anything the ranged tanks bring to the table.

Hahaha, no Corso is awesome. Plus he can grapple mobs, which means you start out siccing him on something, which he grapples, you finish off the rest and once you are done, he's normally soloed or at least tanked the other mob, which you then can Dirty kick if he is an elite, and then you just go to town on it. Much easier than Kaliyo jumping in and aoeing mobs (she is a bad CC breaker). At this level I can two shot normal mobs too. I just did an orange quest with a yellow elite and two adds, and it was much smoother than with my Agent. Corso is just more awesome, I guess. :lol: I also prefer to CC mobs if I can't just murder them outright, so it works better with Corso tanking tha Kaliyo from that regard as well (and the reason I run Vector on my Agent now all the time: he's melee DPS)

I think his rather hillbilly like accent is lovely to listen to as well (and he says "Captain?" which is just awesome. I kept clicking him to make him say "Captain?" Who doesn't want to be referred to as Captain after all!), after spending all my time Empire side where everyone and their dog (except for bounty hunters and Kaliyo) are posh British.

To be fair, I don't know which is the favourite romance so far as it's a bit early to tell, but the ones who have played all the way through and are most vocal on the forums seem to rank Corso Riggs (smuggler), Torian Cadera (bounty hunter) and also maybe surprisingly Dr Quinn (Sith warrior) fairly highly. Not sure why completely, although I think Corso is a fairly traditional Bioware Good Guy sort of type, which I think partly goes for Torian as well.

EDIT: And yes those are the chiefly female players playing female characters' views. For the opposite, it seems to be Mako (Bounty hunter) and the jedi knight chick Kiera or some such that are most popular, although Vette (Sith warrior) I think has turned a lot of up and coming dark side players to light side sith lords! :lol:

My husband is a Bioware noob and never bothered with romance on his lvl 50 sorc and was all "LOL Romance, who cares" before, but now when he's levelling his Bounty hunter alongside my agent and I actually bother with it and he realised his Bounty hunter can get married to Mako, he keeps reversing out of conversations "OMG Mako gave me -30!!! I need to do it again!!!!" It's fairly hilarious.

I just got my fourth companion last night on my Sith Sorcerer, pretty cool. Will discuss in spoiler tags below for anyone not wanting to know what happens later on in the story.

Fourth companion for Inquisitors is a Jedi Padawan named Ashara Zavros. Corrupting her and turning her to the Dark Side is gonna be fun :devil:

I wish she could hold aggro though. The only companion that can is Khem Val but he dies so fast it's not even worth it even though I constantly upgrade his gear. Oh well.

Also I got Lightning Storm which is AWESOME. I was just saying I needed more AoE, went up a level and there it is.

I think his rather hillbilly like accent is lovely to listen to as well (and he says "Captain?" which is just awesome. I kept clicking him to make him say "Captain?" Who doesn't want to be referred to as Captain after all!), after spending all my time Empire side where everyone and their dog (except for bounty hunters and Kaliyo) are posh British.

Posh British dogs are the best kind of dogs.

I agreed that agent's companions are no good, but that's not very relevant once you hit 50. You'll barely use them, they become off-screen slaves who you'd curse if they don't crit often enough on missions. But the style of the agent compared to its smuggler counterpart is so much superior. The sniper set looks awesome, especially on my char (she's a redhead) - crimson red with a long sniper which projects a red line in the target's head once you use Laze Target ... even the cover screen is red. All Smuggler's got is two child-like pistols.

True, Sniper is cooler than Gunslinger. But Scoundrel's Back Blast is cooler than the Operative's vibroknife thwacking. As much as it doesn't fit the universe, pulling a shotgun out of nowhere and blasting it at point blank range is soooo satisfying. But that helped me set up my complete cast of 8 characters - Sorceror, Marauder, Sniper, and Powertech, and then Shadow, Guardian, Scoundrel, and Commando. I could have gone either way on my Sorc vs Shadow choice, but ended up siding with the LIGHTNING!

I agreed that agent's companions are no good, but that's not very relevant once you hit 50. You'll barely use them, they become off-screen slaves who you'd curse if they don't crit often enough on missions. But the style of the agent compared to its smuggler counterpart is so much superior. The sniper set looks awesome, especially on my char (she's a redhead) - crimson red with a long sniper which projects a red line in the target's head once you use Laze Target ... even the cover screen is red. All Smuggler's got is two child-like pistols.

Oh, I can certainly imagine that your companions are sort of irrelevant at higher levels, which is a bit sad really. If you did all their quests and have a romance active with one of them, there should be something more to do. Or at least some sort of crew interaction. In DA:O you could kiss Alistair as much as you wanted, for instance, even when you had exhausted all the dialogue options. (I used to do it all the time to annoy the husband person who went all "!!!!!!! PIXEL ROMANCE WTF??")

I do agree that the Agent can look rather cool, even at 31 where I am now. Mine has a newly equipped random world drop purple quality jacket which looks really trenchcoat like. and is v. pretty with the sniper rifle. I also fitted out Vector in a pretty purple Sith dress with a silver tiara so we're like team Fashion now.

The SO just got a super ugly helmet for Mako so he's constantly grumbling about it. :lol: It annoys him even more when I keep telling him how pretty Vector is in his tiara!

Is Vector romanceable? I'm buying him all sorts of gifts and trying to say the right things to raise his affection but I'm not sure if that's how you're supposed to do it.

Right now I've got my agent set up with what looks like the traditional Empire IA uniform. I kind of like it on a character development level. I especially like that my sniper rifle has got an orange barrel and a green stock. It looks ridiculous.

The SO just got a super ugly helmet for Mako so he's constantly grumbling about it. :lol: It annoys him even more when I keep telling him how pretty Vector is in his tiara!

No kidding. I hate the helmets on any of my companions, and wish there was a way to turn it off like you can for the player character.

But that helped me set up my complete cast of 8 characters - Sorceror, Marauder, Sniper, and Powertech, and then Shadow, Guardian, Scoundrel, and Commando. I could have gone either way on my Sorc vs Shadow choice, but ended up siding with the LIGHTNING!

Ha, you and I are going the exact same on 8 characters except I'm going Sage/Assassin.

Yeah, in retrospect I maybe should have flopped them because the Sages get more variety in their attacks and some of them look really cool, while the Sorceror is just LIGHTNING! ALL THE TIME! but at the time I was only really comparing force lightning and shock to the Jedi counterparts, and while Project is cool, Shadows also use it, and the force lightning equivalent is lamest looking move in the game. I don't remember the name of it, but it looks like Force Gravel.

Is Vector romanceable? I'm buying him all sorts of gifts and trying to say the right things to raise his affection but I'm not sure if that's how you're supposed to do it.

Right now I've got my agent set up with what looks like the traditional Empire IA uniform. I kind of like it on a character development level. I especially like that my sniper rifle has got an orange barrel and a green stock. It looks ridiculous.

Yes he is, but I am not sure when it triggers. I think it depends both on affection and where you are in the story line. I have over 2k affection with him and am not yet off Alderaan, so I can imagine it will be something that happens later. Or so I hope, or I will have to go Repub for dreamy Corso forever.:P

Anyways, here are some screenies from my mad server. More agents than I have ever seen in one place. And here's some absolutely brilliant naming. Especially since I keep seeing these two people everywhere and managed to get them both in the same screenshot!

Yes he is, but I am not sure when it triggers. I think it depends both on affection and where you are in the story line. I have over 2k affection with him and am not yet off Alderaan, so I can imagine it will be something that happens later. Or so I hope, or I will have to go Repub for dreamy Corso forever. :P

Anyways, here are some screenies from my mad server. More agents than I have ever seen in one place. And here's some absolutely brilliant naming. Especially since I keep seeing these two people everywhere and managed to get them both in the same screenshot!

I'm sure I missed a lot on Alderaan. I skipped most of it once I finished my class quest. Something about that planet really bothered me. Normally I take all the running around in stride but for some reason it was too much on Alderaan. Consequently I'm farther along in the story and farther behind in Vector's affection. Oh, the horror! I just want to be loved!

Although I love my agent I'm thinking of going healer for my next character. I've always been a healer first in every mmo I've played. So all you folks out there with your 8 characters . . . Anyone know a good healing class? :D I was thinking Sith Sorcerer.

(Also, 8 characters? I am le jealous.)

I had one of my most entertaining flashpoint runs in a while. It took place in Colicoid War Games - perhaps one of the few flashpoints in the game that requires more brain than muscle (oh how I wish they make hard mode for it :/).

I had done two runs yesterday and I was tired of trying to explain super-mario-difficulty puzzles to grown(?) men to no avail so I decided on a different approach. I kept silent and followed the group doing anything they asked of me and adjusting my level of intelligence to theirs (if they attack a wrong target I attack with them, etc).

Ever watched rats in a maze? Well it was a lot like that, only rats learn eventually. On the first puzzle after tank had died 6 times in a row from knockback (he kept positioning himself with back to the abyss) the sniper dps who had assumed sort of a leadership role and telling everyone what do to (95% of it wrong) simply jumped in the lava after the tank then left party. I thought and hoped group would disband, intending to solo the rest (it's possible as Marauder cuz you can cheat the puzzles with Force Charge if you're smart :D), but they found a lvl48 operative and continued.

I soloed the second puzzle cuz raid time was drawing near and then we were on last boss - 64k mob with no special abilities except fire on the ground. Everyone died in the fire when boss was at ~50%, I proceeded to solo him. Little did I know that the rats had released spirits so when I finished him off they were still outside. All the loot went to me and they didn't even finish their flashpoint quest or daily. To top it all one of them invited me into their guild afterwards ... :lol:

I was all ready to get riled up with the evil side having British accents (mostly English, though i've met some Welsh and a Scot). An the good guys having US accents.

Then I discovered how much fun doing evil is with a British accent. It just adds something.

I could have gone either way on my Sorc vs Shadow choice, but ended up siding with the LIGHTNING!

I know! Everything is better with LIGHTNING! :laugh:

Although I love my agent I'm thinking of going healer for my next character. I've always been a healer first in every mmo I've played. So all you folks out there with your 8 characters . . . Anyone know a good healing class? :D I was thinking Sith Sorcerer.

I love my Sorc - she's a little gimp-spec'd at the moment, but I can main heal in +4heroics with a decent tank even with only 16pts in healing. We went on a lvl 48 flashpoint last night with two underage (me one of them) and got our asses torn up by the first 'boss' after essentially walking through all the trash.

I couldn't keep up with the damage since we couldn't CC any of the minions. Ended up that the other Sorc (lvl 50) respec'd to full heals and I off-healed when things got dicey.

I'm over 2/3 to 48 now, so even though we got only as far as the second boss (was 4am by then), it was good xp.

I was all ready to get riled up with the evil side having British accents (mostly English, though i've met some Welsh and a Scot). An the good guys having US accents.

Then I discovered how much fun doing evil is with a British accent. It just adds something.

It does doesn't it? In fact, I get twitchy if I hear an American talk on the game - makes me wonder what he's up to and if I need to kill him.

Ly - I don't get the Corso love either. The hick accent makes my skin crawl (probably because I live in an area where people speak something similar). Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I had to deal with him all the time, but the videos I saw made me go 'meh'.

But then I'm probably too much of a hard-core Andronikos fan, :love:

the force lightning equivalent is lamest looking move in the game. I don't remember the name of it, but it looks like Force Gravel.

:D

I've seen General Chat on Tython have a lot of fun with this.

Consular 1: Inquisitors get lightning, we get pebbles. Lame.

Consular 2: Have you ever been whacked in the face by a hail of pebbles? It really smarts!!

I was all ready to get riled up with the evil side having British accents

Straight outta Star Wars. Also I kind of like the fact that accents define certain individuals in the game. For instance, as a Commando your 2nd companion has an English accent and you have a dialogue choice to question her about it. Turns out she's an Imperial defector born on Dromund Kaas (which is apparently where the accent originates in the SW universe).

It does doesn't it? In fact, I get twitchy if I hear an American talk on the game - makes me wonder what he's up to and if I need to kill him.

Ly - I don't get the Corso love either. The hick accent makes my skin crawl (probably because I live in an area where people speak something similar). Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I had to deal with him all the time, but the videos I saw made me go 'meh'.

But then I'm probably too much of a hard-core Andronikos fan, :love:

Well British English is standard for me and I am married to a Brit, so Sith side is like normal for us. :P

So I just loooove Corso talk. :lol: And he's really upbeat as well, which makes for a nice change of pace from all the weirdo emo people. You also don't really need to second guess what he'd like. He's really straight forward old skool good guy trusty sidekick. With dreads! And he gives you a gun first thing.

It does!

The Sith nobility are the poshest as well, normally. Normal soliders can have a northern or welsh accent (and one dude on Alderaan was really scottish) so it's a nice marker of who's boss with the speach pattern. On Empire sides, it's really only the bounty hunters and some aliens who have american accents (and some vendors as well, oddly).

It's also easier to do innuendo with a British accent imo, which fits as well (and I am often of two minds of what Vector really means when he says "Agent?", "We live to server" and "We...obey". )

Tobin,

You can just compare what Corso says to Vector's comment. Maybe it's just me, but Vector comes across as a bit...submissive? Plus the first thing you can say to Corso on Coruscant is "Shut it, farmboy" and I had to try that line for science. :lol:

Haven't seen much of Andronikos. All the Sithies seem to hang out with Ashara or the apprentice dude in the gas mask.

I really need to bring my agent to Dromond Kaas. All I've been doing is PVPing her and a couple BT runs; valor level 10 at level 13.

Also, I feel OP as fuck as an Operative in PVP. I basically have no talents yet and not very many of powers, also missing several pieces of gear. Yet I'm still usually towards the top of the damage/kill meters. And I'm pretty bad at PVP (getting loads better though).

Archived