Star Wars: The Old Republic: Episode II

Kosciuszko

Ya, I dunno but it seems my Agent is not going to get her second companion until Alderaan, which at this rate will happen some time in the early/mid 30s levels (just landed on Tatooine at lvl 27). Not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have them spaced out a bit more evenly, I think

Yes you get your second when you finish Alderaan, then one on Taris, Hoth and Belsavis. But don't get your hopes up, Kaliyo is the best you'll get, it's all downhill from there. Haven't played republic, but from all the empire companions, agent's are the worst. You have the lying, sociopath Kaliyo, creepy bug-man Vector, even creepier pensioner Dr. Lokin, kiss-ass black* chick and finally a female droid that wants to murder you in your sleep. If only I could marry the latter to the ship droid so they can both shut up I'd be a happier man.

Companions aside tho, agent has the best everything, so it's still worth rolling over any other class I've played/heard of.

*Seems you can make her non-black with customizations, way to go being politically correct Bioware!

Yes you get your second when you finish Alderaan, then one on Taris, Hoth and Belsavis. But don't get your hopes up, Kaliyo is the best you'll get, it's all downhill from there. Haven't played republic, but from all the empire companions, agent's are the worst. You have the lying, sociopath Kaliyo, creepy bug-man Vector, even creepier pensioner Dr. Lokin, kiss-ass black* chick and finally a female droid that wants to murder you in your sleep. If only I could marry the latter to the ship droid so they can both shut up I'd be a happier man.

Companions aside tho, agent has the best everything, so it's still worth rolling over any other class I've played/heard of.

*Seems you can make her non-black with customizations, way to go being politically correct Bioware!

The hell? All the companions are customizable to some extent.

Decided to roll a Sith Warrior last night as a change of pace from focusing on my Sorcerer. Got to level 13 today (picked Juggernaut as my advanced class, leveling in the Immortal (tank) tree) and I'm really enjoying the combat actually. I also like Vette quite a bit as a companion.

I'm going full light side on this guy which is kind of weird since he still has to go around murdering people :P. Nice change of pace though, my sorc is full dark side.

I'm thinking maybe I should make any future characters on a high pop server, mine is pretty low which can be annoying at times.

Oh an apparently the possessed dude (Mr Hive Mind) is the romanceable companion for a female Agent. So here I go from shacking up with a possessed dude in Dragon Age2 to....shacking up with a possessed dude in SWTOR!! Way to go Bioware! :lol: I've only started the quest chain on Alderaan so not got very far, so no idea how that is going to pan out yet.

I rather like Kaliyo actually. We're going drinking together and stuff.

Re race, I actually (mostly) approve of how they've treated race issues in SWTOR since it's clear they've gone for both some human diversity and it sort of comes naturally that you mix in some aliens as well. I'm missing Asian looking NPCs tho. My Agent is definitely mixed race (anda cyborg!) and I love that I could customise her to be different than the standard pasty face that you are normally stuck with. I'm sure there are aspects that could have been done better, but it is refreshing that they at least make the attempt at moving away from the all white default of a majority of video games.

Just soloed Boarding Party on my lvl35 marauder (except last boss, he's far harder than anything else inside). Thanks Kosciuszko for mentioning you soloed flashpoints on yours, I probably wouldn't have dared otherwise. After 2-3 lvls I'm gonna try Foundry, if I manage to bug HK by kiting him for insta-kill I should have no problem on Revan. Then Colicoid is not soloable, but RR should be fine too.

Just soloed Boarding Party on my lvl35 marauder (except last boss, he's far harder than anything else inside). Thanks Kosciuszko for mentioning you soloed flashpoints on yours, I probably wouldn't have dared otherwise. After 2-3 lvls I'm gonna try Foundry, if I manage to bug HK by kiting him for insta-kill I should have no problem on Revan. Then Colicoid is not soloable, but RR should be fine too.

Are you using Quinn for this? Also which spec? I'm excited to try this out.

Ye using Quinn, he's well geared too. My marauder is full epic and I bought an epic reusable med-pac, but it turned out I overprepared. The bosses were easier than I expected, trash is laughably easy, didn't even use cooldowns on it.

Spec is Annihilate, I don't think you can do it with Carnage or Rage, Anni provides a good amount of self-healing, which when added to Quinn's healing and the defensive cooldowns you have makes the entire ordeal possible. Aside from the obvious talents, it's good to take the one which makes you immune to dmg while Force Camouflage is active. Also on the first tier, the one which reduces the cooldown of Force Cloak whenever retaliation is used - I didn't rly need it, but if with worse gear keeping Force Cloak active all the time could make the difference.

Lvl35 is the best to start, you can get 1 point in the talent which gives you 1 rage when bleeds tick and also Quinn gets his healing bomb ability.

Played my Jedi Guardian almost exclusively this weekend (now up to 34). Tanked a bunch of heroic missions and a couple of FPs; I've found that the tanky playstyle of the Guardian suits my own preferences more closely than my pure DPS Marauder. Being able to stunlock same-level strong mobs without taking a single point of damage is fun, what can I say? Also, the JK storyline really takes off at the end of Act 1 with a couple of nice twists (sensing a pattern here...).

Just got to Dromund Kaas with my Marauder. I was expecting it to be like Coruscant. It's not at all, gave me one of those "woah" moments that this game dishes out occaisonally. Enjoying this game so much right now.

I'm not even sure what abilities to use with my Marauder right now. Things just die so quickly to the basic stuff. I went Carnage spec, but it shouldn't be too hard to switch if there are better options. Sounds like Annihilate is the way to go for soloing?

Decided to roll a Sith Warrior last night as a change of pace from focusing on my Sorcerer. Got to level 13 today (picked Juggernaut as my advanced class, leveling in the Immortal (tank) tree) and I'm really enjoying the combat actually. I also like Vette quite a bit as a companion.

I'm going full light side on this guy which is kind of weird since he still has to go around murdering people :P. Nice change of pace though, my sorc is full dark side.

I'm thinking maybe I should make any future characters on a high pop server, mine is pretty low which can be annoying at times.

Pretty much what I did - I've only seen maybe 3 other Juggernauts in my travels. I'm still struggling with the melee - it's like I can't /tab target - get in range - attack fast enough before everything is dead. I've been pairing up with a same-lvl Sorc and between him and Khem, I'm basically stuck cleaning up if I don't get the first strike.

We did the Black Talon mission and only died once on the MCalamari champ before we went back and got him (stupid firebombs). The Jedi girl and the droid boss were a 1-shot each (yes, we killed the captain - with this particular group, there isn't much Light going on).

I only have a week left of play before my cable connection is shut off for a month+ so I'm going to focus on my Sorc and try to get her the last 5 levels to 50. I'm going to be sooo upset if I get her to 49 and then just fall short (might have to take Friday off from work....)

Just got to Dromund Kaas with my Marauder. I was expecting it to be like Coruscant. It's not at all, gave me one of those "woah" moments that this game dishes out occaisonally. Enjoying this game so much right now.

I'm not even sure what abilities to use with my Marauder right now. Things just die so quickly to the basic stuff. I went Carnage spec, but it shouldn't be too hard to switch if there are better options. Sounds like Annihilate is the way to go for soloing?

I leveled Carnage til the 30s before switching to Annihilation at Kosciuszko's suggestion. Stuff started dying quicker - so yeah, I'd recommend it. :)

I leveled Carnage til the 30s before switching to Annihilation at Kosciuszko's suggestion. Stuff started dying quicker - so yeah, I'd recommend it. :)

I switched a lot between Carnage and Anni all the way until 35, I can say that both specs are good and 99% of the time you won't really feel the difference. Anni allows you to solo slightly harder stuff due to the self-healing it provides, but it's also a more demanding spec - you need to keep track of bleeds and watch for procs. During casual questing it can be a nuisance. Carnage is more smooth for dispatching of normal and the occasional strong mobs. It can solo elites as well, especially if you're using Quinn as companion.

Bottom line, if you like to solo challenging stuff and pushing your limits go Anni. If you stick to the suggested quest/fp groups and mainly quest, carnage may feel smoother.

P.S. Both specs have some milestone talents. Before getting them the spec may feel a lot worse than it is. For Anni: Deadly Saber, Pulverize and Empowerment. For Carnage: Ataru form and all consequent talents and Rattling Voice.

Finally made an Agent the other day, all I've done is PVP on it since I got 10 and went Operative. I suck at PVP so I'm hoping I'll get better. Pretty sure that I've not done too badly as I'm usually fairly middle of the pack at like level 11, without any real talents or abilities (or even gear, several slots are just empty).

Duoed Mandarlarian raiders last night, both of us were 24. (Powertech & Merc). The first boss was pretty easy, the second encounter group was a complete pain in the arse. The third boss was insanley easy the companions killed him, whilst we killed the turrets.

Duoed Mandarlarian raiders last night, both of us were 24. (Powertech & Merc). The first boss was pretty easy, the second encounter group was a complete pain in the arse. The third boss was insanley easy the companions killed him, whilst we killed the turrets.

A while back this feat would've been impossible. All 4 members of the boarding party (second boss in MR) were immune to cc so you always had to fight them all at once.

Archived