Star Wars: The Old Republic: Episode II

Kosciuszko

Balmorra is worse than Dromund Kaas. I liked Dromund Kaas and the quests are nicely grouped plus the environment is neat. Balmorra tho. bleh. Almost made me want to quit in frustration. I finally moved on to Nar Shaddah after what felt like 5 years of running and running and more running.

As a sidenote, is anyone playing Republic? At all? Everyone I know in RL are playing Empire and it seems most people on here are Empire as well.

I'm (mostly) resting my Marauder (now at lvl 46) to ease the grind to 50, so for the past week or so I've been leveling up my Republic alts. At least up until lvl 30, the Republic side questing experience seems more enjoyable. Not the class quests specifically, but the layout/format of planet quests and side quests seems easier, and the planet areas themselves are just more interesting than their Sith counterparts (Tatooine and Taris especially). I also personally found Coruscant to be considerably more fun than Dromund Kaas, but that may be my own nebulous preferences at work.

So in short:

Class quests/stories - Sith > Republic

General questing experience - Republic > Sith

I am so sick of all the walking. It's brutal at lower level (leveling a sith inquisitor). Travelling time didn't improve all that much on my Lvl 33 Smuggler when I finally got the so-called 'Speeder'. I am enjoying the storyline but I just wish travelling didn't entail 80% of my time. I almost-quit between quests due to some questing setup. Would it really kill them to allow players to finish quest using the holocall? or have central quest hub instead of scattered quest givers? It would have made life so much easier if they had central quest hubs with binding point. It would've made it more tolerable. This seems to change from zone to zone or planet to planet. Some are set up really well and flows smoothly while others are terrible. Sith Inquisitor ones have been pretty shit so far.

It's funny that in a galaxy of Ion cannons, armored droids, and hyper drives they havent invented a fucking cell phone yet.

The travel time sink is a bit annoying, i agree, especially if you are used to WoW questing.

It's funny that in a galaxy of Ion cannons, armored droids, and hyper drives they havent invented a fucking cell phone yet.

The travel time sink is a bit annoying, i agree, especially if you are used to WoW questing.

It's even worse: They have a working cellphone but no one takes their fucking calls.

Male Inquisitors don't get any female characters until really late (and I think only one romance opition?) and I haven't gotten affection up any.

They do have a number of opportunities for one-night stands though. I've had one on each planet after Dromuund Kaas so far (which is admittedly only two). My Trooper only has had one, period, and he's 2 planets further.

LOL! Having not researched companions before starting to play, and never being one to let my own gender get in the way of the characters I roll in RPGs, I messed around and rolled female on the classes with (IMHO) the best male -> female romance options. So at least this go-around I've missed out on Vette/Jaesa and Kira. Vette totally considers my Marauder like a sister, though. <_<

There's been some awesome chat about it in General on Dromund Kaas I've caught. Some guy asking "Can I marry Mako?" and then shortly after someone else realising companions can be romanceable: "Why can't I romance Khem Val???"

"Why can't I romance Khem Val???"

If you're an evil bastard there's serious bromance potential there. Khem and me are cool, but he tends to lose affection points if I use flirt options with female NPCs. Is he trying to tell me something?

There's been some awesome chat about it in General on Dromund Kaas I've caught. Some guy asking "Can I marry Mako?" and then shortly after someone else realising companions can be romanceable: "Why can't I romance Khem Val???"

I heard someone say in general chat something like "Oh my god, Darth Zash is hot! I want to romance her!"

Considering what happens, I just thought it a approporiate to share :P

I heard someone say in general chat something like "Oh my god, Darth Zash is hot! I want to romance her!"

Considering what happens, I just thought it a approporiate to share :P

Indeed! :lol:

I'm stuck at L29 on Nar Shadaa with my inquisitard. I'm way overleveled for it so money is becoming a serious problem. I guess it doesn't pay to do dungeons/PvP too much unless you plan to skip quests.

I have to say that the datacrons on Nar Shadaa are a mother fucking bitch. I don't know if it is my computer or lag, I just can't make the super mario brothers jumps for the one where you have to jump up boxes and up the rails. And yes, I took off sprint. I think it's just this game and some response times are slower, because I was a jumping/platforming machine in WoW.

I started a bounty hunter, and so far I like the playstyle. I went lightside with him, so Mako likes me. I still don't have a single light side point on my inquisitard, so that is pretty funny and Khem Val loves me to death.

When's the next inquistard companion? (After the robot and Khem Val) I'm hoping soon, because Khem Val sucks to fight with.

When's the next inquistard companion? (After the robot and Khem Val) I'm hoping soon, because Khem Val sucks to fight with.

You get Andronikos Revel (Spike) on Tattooine when Zash sends you there.

He's hiding in a room near the back of the Cantina, but you'll have to knock around the downstairs barkeeper and dancing girl for them to unlock the door.

He's ranged DPS, medium armor.

He likes people who don't run from a fight and keep their promises. Gifts include: military, underworld, weapon.

I much prefer him to Khem - not just because he's sexy, but because I use a lot of CC and he's easier to focus-fire with at ranged.

I used the healing nerd last night a bit and I'm pretty impressed -- usually I split my time between DPS and healing, but with Talos out, I rarely dropped below half health the entire time with me zapping away.

I think the healy pets might be a bit overpowered actually. In the group with Brienne last night, I eventually swapped Talos out for Andri since B's Dr. Quinn was able to heal everyone with little trouble, even though we were going pretty much fight to fight with no down-time.

God dammit.

I finished Act 1 on my Inquisitor and got to pick my Legacy name. Good news, I sort of got the name I wanted (Targaryen). Bad news, I only got it because I spelled it wrong by accident (Targaryan).

This is going to bug the hell out of me...

How do you give your companion new gear? Driving myself crazy trying to figure it out.

Also

I'm playing as a Republic Trooper commando. I get yelled at on the group quests because I'm not healing people is it possible to do this?

Make sure you've been buying the commando specific abilities when you learn stuff. It's a separate tab from Trooper.

Cleared chapter one with my Bounty Hunter, opening up a whole slew of conversations with crew members I suspect I was supposed to receive much earlier. I'm at a point in the BH story where I could just walk away satisfied... might be a good time to develop my Republic side character.

Anyone know just what this legacy system does and if it works over multiple servers? I've created several characters but keep no more than two per server just so I have some options open. It'd be kind of lame if all it did was give all your characters the same surname.

Archived