Barristan vs Jaime vs Loras.

Lions-and-Roses

Depends how they meet

loras is prob better than 90% of westeros with a blade but both jamie (pre chopping) and ser barristan prob whup him in a duel like that

HOWEVER he does come across as freakishly good with a lance on horseback....... prob the best in westeros

young jamie is a natural with a sword and loras seems to be the equivalent on horseback (and isnt above cheating there if theres a fat purse on the line as the mountain learned) , cat like hes described as ................so if they all meet on horse im actualy gonna go with the underdog and back loras

any other way though and pre leftie only jamie has this

Jaime would lose to both of them so it's basically Loras vs Barristan.

Barristan has certainly killed more people and fought more fights to the death, but he is way beyond his best years. Still I'm going with Barristan since he has far more experience and Loras himself admitted that his better with a lance than with a sword.

Loras, Barry noted that he was no longer fast and only beat the pit fighter do to armor, though I doubt it would be quick end. Jaime the handless is dead in the first second.

Barristan is not as fast as he used to be but that does not mean he is no longer faster then most fighters. He used his armor to his advantage against the pit fighter but if he did not have armor he would have fought him differently.

Barristan is not as fast as he used to be but that does not mean he is no longer faster then most fighters. He used his armor to his advantage against the pit fighter but if he did not have armor he would have fought him differently.

Lora's isn't most fighters, I go agree or disagree with you until I see Barry fight an armored foe.

• 3 weeks later...

Jamie with his sword had wins. Baristan close second. Loras doesn't even belong in this conversation tho. He isn't even the best sword fighter in his family. Loras is good at jousting not sword play why does everyone get that confused.

Jamie with his sword had wins. Baristan close second. Loras doesn't even belong in this conversation tho. He isn't even the best sword fighter in his family. Loras is good at jousting not sword play why does everyone get that confused.

Actually, it's a misconception that he isn't good a fighting. Loras is easily in top 15 warriors of Wetseros.

Easily? And how do you come to that conclusion?

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1264

Warriors and Knights: he told me that he was sort of fed up when people wrote to him asking "who's the strongest fighter? Who's the best? Etc." He explained to me that there are some very strong fighters, he only mentioned 3: the 2 Cleganes and Loras....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130306/george-r-r-martin-game-of-thrones-sports-podcast/

SI.com: The athlete atop our athlete power list is LeBron James. Who is the equivalent of LeBron in your universe?

Martin: Well, LeBron James is the greatest active basketball player I suppose so the parallel in Westeros would be who is the greatest active swordsman. You can make a case for Jamie Lannister. You can make a case for The Hound or his brother Ser Gregor [Clegane] or Sir Loras [Tyrell], the Knight of Flowers. These are all first class Knights. Or even Ser Barristan The Bold [sir B

arristan Selmy]. These are all guys who are top at their own particular sport, which is swordsmanship and jousting, and all of the combat skills that attend knighthood.

` I would give in-his-prime Barristan the nod over Jaime. They're both gifted with natural ability. For me it comes down to the mentality of the two fighters. I would take the calm and tactical Barristan over the cocky and impulsive Jaime.

I broke it down in this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/102342-the-bold-the-kingslayer/

It's a long read and not an exact science, but I used the two fights we've seen Barristan and Jaime in.

Loras is a distant third.

Don't know what Loras is doing here.

Maybe its the fact that he has repeatedly shown himself to be a good fighter, kept on fighting after being shot twice with crossbows and having his ribs crushed by a mace and the fact that author considers him to be one of the best fighters there are?

Maybe its the fact that he has repeatedly shown himself to be a good fighter, kept on fighting after being shot twice with crossbows and having his ribs crushed by a mace and the fact that author considers him to be one of the best fighters there are?

Yes, he is really good. Easily one of the best, but I wouldn't say he is top 5 or something. Jaime still wins.

At the current point and time and this is if, Loras is actually uninjured; he beats them both in single combat. Sorry, but Barry is much older now. Jaime still hasn't mastered his sword play with other hand. If Loras keeps his cool and fights level headed, he wins. Garlan beats them all right now, or so it sounds. If all are in their prime and whole, Selmy destroys them all.

• 6 months later...

Archived