Did Viserys Survive?

Im With Stannis

Ok the truth about Viserys is....

He DID survive. The Dothraki didn't think he was worth a funeral pyre and Dany did not even want to see the body so they moved out and left him amongst the grass. Viserys is found by travelling merchants who think his head may be worth something. When they prop him up to cut it off they find he is alive and agree to bring him to Qarth where they are headed. Viserys puts on a Laquer mask and assumes the identity of Quaithe to hide his crazy gold face, and lead Dany astray for abandoning him... LOL. :bs:

Ok the truth about Viserys is....

He DID survive. The Dothraki didn't think he was worth a funeral pyre and Dany did not even want to see the body so they moved out and left him amongst the grass. Viserys is found by travelling merchants who think his head may be worth something. When they prop him up to cut it off they find he is alive and agree to bring him to Qarth where they are headed. Viserys puts on a Laquer mask and assumes the identity of Quaithe to hide his crazy gold face, and lead Dany astray for abandoning him... LOL. :bs:

I love this Theory! And then he will capture Viserion.

Does anyone think the Dothraki would have left all that gold encrusting Viserys's head remain in situ? Way too valuable. They would have cut his head off and burned it to recover the gold. Really hard to live with an incinerated head.

He will get the gold burnt of his head by Viserion

I love this Theory! And then he will capture Viserion.

I am sorry for your loss, your grace. :cool4: LOL (referencing your name).

When Dany says "Fire cannot burn the dragon", I'm thinking "That's not fire... it's molten freaking gold face, what does that do to dragons?!"

To get serious for a moment, I liked Viserys. he would probably have made a better ruler than Dany, if his arrogance is not the early signs of madness. I'm not a Dany hater just saying. Viserys acts entitled so we as a modern audience hate him, but that's how a king is supposed to act. :dunno:

This. Soooo this.

Am I the only one who gets a little bothered when a subject like "Is DragonMother Unburnt resistant to fire?" gets instantly shot down by some SSM from years ago? Based on the text, I saw that Dany was a bit baffled by her brother's reaction to being Crowned, and sees her brother as NOT being The True Dragon. As far as she knows, she is all that is left. That's it. If there is a Dragon alive, it's Miss Stormborn.

Based on text, we are led to believe that she is at least very resistant to fire. When her hair is burned off in the Pits, I agree she probably did not directly eat Drogon's flame directly, however her hair wouldve still been short from her FIRST burning. I really like the idea that hair has no blood and so lacked the Dragon's magick protection.

I'm pretty sure any heat that would burn off all my hair would hurt me very badly. Yet this little tween queen seems more like "damn, that'll take MONTHS to grow back".

My point is, the text shows ALL kind of things that are negated by some So Spake Martin (kinda pompous title) from 15 years ago. That bothers me a bit sometimes.

First post btw. Love you guys bucketsfull

QFT. Martin probably changed his mind from 15 years ago or was being purposefully misleading. Even then he said "probably not" when asked if danny will do the same thing she did in the pyre. "probably not"15 years ago is far from 100% Danny is ordinary and has zero fire protections. Also I am very uncomfortable with miracles and magic did it explanations. the magic she used was to pay life for life and danny learned that spell from the witch, nothing else was mentioned by her or by the witch she burned (ie the witch didnt know any spells to save her self from the fire, only blood magic to give life, how the hell can danny know a fire protecting spell then??). if there was a magic spell on her why was her cloths and hair burned and not her body?(which is what happens only when your body/blood is fire prof aka blood of dragon, a magic spell should have presumably protected everything around her)

Here is her text from DWD "the fire burned her hair but otherwise it did not touch her, just as before " she is as fireproof as one gets IMO. The blisters are probably from grabing on to drogon scales, if it was horribly burned (which would be if it contacted dragon fire, not to mention her skull) it would get more than a passing mention by danny.

Here is her text from DWD "the fire burned her hair but otherwise it did not touch her, just as before " she is as fireproof as one gets IMO.

And here is also her text from DWD "Her skin was pink and tender, and a pale milky fluid was leaking from her cracked palms, but her burns were healing" If that is as fireproof as one gets, then one does not get very fireproof.

Given the ease at which Drogo melted his belt buckle in an ordinary stew pot over an ordinary cooking fire, and then simply grabbed the stew pot off the fire with mittens without his mittens catching fire, it is clear that his buckles were not really "pure gold" nor even painted lead. They must have been yellow wax. Painful, but not necessarily fatal. So yes. Viserys could still be alive.

I think viserys is dead, for sure, even if he had survived noone in the khalsar would have helped him recover his injuries.

However, i must say this explanation is very clever and convinced he could have survived, But he didnt

I am sorry for your loss, your grace. :cool4: LOL (referencing your name).

When Dany says "Fire cannot burn the dragon", I'm thinking "That's not fire... it's molten freaking gold face, what does that do to dragons?!"

To get serious for a moment, I liked Viserys. he would probably have made a better ruler than Dany, if his arrogance is not the early signs of madness. I'm not a Dany hater just saying. Viserys acts entitled so we as a modern audience hate him, but that's how a king is supposed to act. :dunno:

Thank you for caring for my loss, it still miss my Dragon King to this very day ser lol :) you're too kind :), and yes honestly the molten gold bit? It's only ironical to Lannister tbh. I mean if I were Viserys you would be lucky if all you got was Sass. He knew about Wealth fear and love... About how Jorah's exile was stupid. I think he would have made an excellent King, he would take his throne seriously because he actually cared.

And here is also her text from DWD "Her skin was pink and tender, and a pale milky fluid was leaking from her cracked palms, but her burns were healing" If that is as fireproof as one gets, then one does not get very fireproof.

so it couldnt be friction & injury from riding on drogon & grabing to his scales? she doesnt seem to complain about them much if they are actually burned (and she wouldnt be able to ride drogon daily as she describes it if her hands were burnt).

Also way to ignore my book text (and other supporting points), you provide pink cracked figures as your support, I provided her quote regarding FIRE "The fire burnt her hair but otherwise did not touch her, just as before". this quote is much more descriptive and to the point.

I know there is danny hate (and I dont love her either after dance) and a-lot of people loves to wish that she was just normal, not a head of the dragon, not fire proof, not AA, should die horrible, fuck mereen/darrio etc but dont let hate cloud your judgment from facts. she didn't burn in the fire both times because her body wont burn, not because of magic or pixi dust or spells she cant possibly know. Occams razor.

Also way to ignore my book text (and other supporting points), you provide pink cracked figures as your support, I provided her quote regarding FIRE

And I provided a quote about burns. From my limited experience, if you get seriously burned you're not fire proof, even if at some other time you manage to duck below the flames. Though as it doesn't fit into your world view, that's better to be ignored together with the other evidence and GRRM-speak, is it?

I know there is danny hate (and I dont love her either) and everyone just loves to wish that she was just normal, not a head of the dragon, not fire proof, not AA, should die horrible, fuck mereen/darrio etc but dont let hate cloud your judgment from facts.

For the record, I neither hate her, nor do I think she should die horribly and actually I very strongly take exception to you suggesting that I do just because I don't invent some kind of fairy tale about her. Though it is rather revealing that you can't even listen to a more sober interpretation of the text than yours before commencing personal attacks and mudslinging.

Hey, I've been lurking for a while and I had to join to pose this theory to the forum. I was thinking about this since reading ADWD. We know that there must be three heads to a dragon. One we know for sure is Dany. The other we can most likely guess is Jon Snow. Young Griff/Aegon popped out of no where, and I suspect very much he is a fraud because of the prophecy "Beware the mummer dragon."

So if Aegon is not who he says/thinks he is, then who is the third Targaryen? Well, matching up the three remaining Targs to their respective dragons: Dany matches with Drogon (named after Drogo, her husband), Snow would match with Rheagal matches with Snow since Rheagar would be his father. Who match with Viserion? Not Young Griff.

I remember back to Viserys's death, when he died and Dany said, "He wasn't a dragon, dragons don't burn." It doesn't make sense that he would die from molten gold while Dany wouldn't die from the pyre she lit. Maybe he survived? And, it has to make sense whoever ends up taming/riding Viserion. Thoughts?

Even if he were immune to fire (and Targayrens aren't immune to fire), I think the dothraki would have noticed the guy walking around with his head covered in gold, and would have done something about that. And Dany would know.

Given the ease at which Drogo melted his belt buckle in an ordinary stew pot over an ordinary cooking fire, and then simply grabbed the stew pot off the fire with mittens without his mittens catching fire, it is clear that his buckles were not really "pure gold" nor even painted lead. They must have been yellow wax. Painful, but not necessarily fatal. So yes. Viserys could still be alive.

Molten wax wouldn't look like molten gold at all. I think GRRM just didn't bother studing the physics or melting gold, and just wrote an interesting scene.

And I provided a quote about burns. From my limited experience, if you get seriously burned you're not fire proof, even if at some other time you manage to duck below the flames. Though as it doesn't fit into your world view, that's better to be ignored together with the other evidence and GRRM-speak, is it?

For the record, I neither hate her, nor do I think she should die horribly and actually I very strongly take exception to you suggesting that I do just because I don't invent some kind of fairy tale about her. Though it is rather revealing that you can't even listen to a more sober interpretation of the text than yours before commencing personal attacks and mudslinging.

Seriously burned hands? how the hell she describes riding Drogon daily then? does she grab onto him with her tits?

You sir/mam are defeated. You have no retort to this: "The fire burned her hair but otherwise did not touch her, just as before"

Even if he were immune to fire (and Targayrens aren't immune to fire), I think the dothraki would have noticed the guy walking around with his head covered in gold, and would have done something about that. And Dany would know.

Seriously guys, even if he was immune to fire, and even if the Dothraki decided to leave the gold on his head, he has just broken his freakin' neck. Gold is really really heavy so unless he's coming back as Nearly Headless Vis we can be pretty sure that he's dead. :P

Seriously guys, even if he was immune to fire, and even if the Dothraki decided to leave the gold on his head, he has just broken his freakin' neck. Gold is really really heavy so unless he's coming back as Nearly Headless Vis we can be pretty sure that he's dead. :P

if he was immune to fire he wouldn't scream and his skin wouldn't burn unlike Danny... such idiocy, of course he is dead.

Seriously burned hands? how the hell she describes riding Drogon daily then?

Do I understand correctly, you simply deny that Dany is telling us the truth about her burns in her POV?

Impressive.

If Dany notices that "her skin was pink and tender, and a pale milky fluid was leaking from her cracked palms, but her burns were healing", then obviously she did get burns, otherwise they'd have a hard time healing.

I'm not a Dany hater so to speak, but I am a realist. If Dany got a pot of molten gold poured over her head I can guarantee two things happening, first she would scream, then she would die, just like Viserys. Unless of course she happened to have another blood magic priestess to burn alive while the gold was pouring.

And Viserys IS still alive, they melted him down and forged him into Jaime's new hand where his spirit lives on and gives strength to Jaime. Its not the kind of strength that makes you able to lift heavy objects mind you, more the kind of strength attributed to an especially stinky fart. As in the odor was so "strong" it would melt the swirls out of marble.

Archived