Did Viserys Survive?

Im With Stannis

Thank you for caring for my loss, it still miss my Dragon King to this very day ser lol :) you're too kind :), and yes honestly the molten gold bit? It's only ironical to Lannister tbh. I mean if I were Viserys you would be lucky if all you got was Sass. He knew about Wealth fear and love... About how Jorah's exile was stupid. I think he would have made an excellent King, he would take his throne seriously because he actually cared.

Ahhh yes, his exchange with Jorah is half the reason I liked Viserys

"for selling slaves? Well rest assured you won't be punished for such nonsense under my reign."

LOL! I'm not sure if that was from the book or just the show, but that is classic.

As to the Dany burning discussion, the blisters and burns comment seems pretty definitive. I mean GRRM was possibly intentionally ambiguous when describing the events in the fighting pits, but this quote seems to affirm that Dany is not totally immune to heat. Marwyn the Mage states that Valaryans were the masters of fire magic, so fire immunity for Targs shouldn't be totally out of the question. Maybe pure blooded targs just immune to regular fire, not higher temp fires ie dragon's fire, lava, wildfire, dragon's blood. Also someone posted Aerion Brigthfire died by fire, but he drank wildfire right, or am I mixing him up with someone else? Anyways somebody drank it and died thinking he would transform into a dragon, but there was no fire involved there just a stupid idea.

"for selling slaves? Well rest assured you won't be punished for such nonsense under my reign."

LOL! I'm not sure if that was from the book or just the show, but that is classic.

I'm pretty sure it is just the show.

We have no p.o.v. of Viserys, the actor in the show fleshed him out as a character. Not a likable one, though. A sad figure.

In the books Viserys comes across as someone who wasn't the least interested in anyone or anything besides his own want.

I think Viserys is dead, but I would like him to be alive!

Contribution to the fire-proof discussion :

Tyrion 8 :"Valyria. It was written that on the day of Doom every hill for five hundred miles had split asunder to fill the air with ash and smoke and fire, blazes so hot and hungry that even the dragons in the sky were engulfed and consumed."

As to the Dany burning discussion, the blisters and burns comment seems pretty definitive. I mean GRRM was possibly intentionally ambiguous when describing the events in the fighting pits, but this quote seems to affirm that Dany is not totally immune to heat. Marwyn the Mage states that Valaryans were the masters of fire magic, so fire immunity for Targs shouldn't be totally out of the question. Maybe pure blooded targs just immune to regular fire, not higher temp fires ie dragon's fire, lava, wildfire, dragon's blood. Also someone posted Aerion Brigthfire died by fire, but he drank wildfire right, or am I mixing him up with someone else? Anyways somebody drank it and died thinking he would transform into a dragon, but there was no fire involved there just a stupid idea.

I would definitely buy the fact that dragonfire might be too much for her (also with above quote about the doom). I bet drogon's skin is scalding hot since his blood can melt spears.

GRRM created a world very similar to a 13th/14th century Europe minus few fantastic elements. We like/love/adore it because he breathe as much reality into it as he could considering it is a fantasy. People that come back from the dead come back for some purpose - some significant purpose, others do a perfectly good job by staying dead. Otherwise ASOIAF would turn into disturbing hybrid of Oprah, Harry Potter and Teletubbies.

So to all of you believers - common sense and medicine dictate that decapitated, hart-stabbed, bolted while shitting and head-melted people stay dead. Dead people reemerging constantly do send quite distorted image of medieval (im)mortality, don't you think?

So to all of you believers - common sense and medicine dictate that decapitated, hart-stabbed, bolted while shitting and head-melted people stay dead. Dead people reemerging constantly do send quite distorted image of medieval (im)mortality, don't you think?

Yeah!!

Besides this, if Viserys did not die he would not look like that dashing actor we saw in S1, and he would have a hard time finding his way ... didn't his eyes melt?

I quite like that idea- it makes sense when you think about all the "fire can't hurt the dragon," comments. Fire can't, but dragonfire etc. can, that fits with what we know, doesn't it?

Edit: Though this would only apply to the "dragon" Targaryens, if there is such a thing.

Seriously burned hands? how the hell she describes riding Drogon daily then? does she grab onto him with her tits?

You sir/mam are defeated. You have no retort to this: "The fire burned her hair but otherwise did not touch her, just as before"

That is because Drogon's flames literally did not touch her body. It was not just like the pyre event. Dany's clothes were also burned away in the pyre, but they were not even touched by Drogon's flames at the pit indicating that she was not consumed by fire for a second time. Unless you are claiming that she's somehow made her clothing fireproof.....this is not a fireproof event. Not sure what you mean by riding with her tits. Do you think literally touching a dragon will burn a person? Because no one else has gotten burned just from touching the dragon. And obviously if your claim that touching him would cause burns, then if she was holding on by her tits, her tits would probably be burned as well.

The fact is, Dany grabbed a spear that she noted was smoking and had a glowing, half-melted, red hot point. Her hands got burned.

There's also the fact that she made significant effort to jump away from Drogon's flames. A person claiming fireproof/unburnt status probably wouldn't be scared of the flames. He is fire made flesh, she thought, and so am I. Why would 'fire made flesh' be scared of a little furnace wind?

And Robert B.

He's chilling with Eddard Stark and Benjen Stark laughing at everyone else's misery

haha. getting flashbacks of the movie "Stardust" where the dead brothers are trapped in the realms as invisible ghosts while they watch everyone else in westeros, laughing at everyone who is about to die.

haha. getting flashbacks of the movie "Stardust" where the dead brothers are trapped in the realms as invisible ghosts while they watch everyone else in westeros, laughing at everyone who is about to die.

Love that image, and love that movie! Can't quite picture Tywin laughing though!

Viserys is dead, without a doubt, I think, but I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. Yes he was mad in the end, but from what Dany says, he was driven mad by being chased by assassins, being passed around from Lord to Lord, having to look after his sister for years and having to sell his mother's crown. You can understand why he went mad...

Edited for grammar.

I would prefer: Ican understand why he had anger issues

Fair enough, though personally I think that understates it just a little. King Robert, (The Usurper? :P ) had anger issues, but he wasn't quite so... violent towards the women he was with/around. Yes, he hit Cersei, but only once IIRC. Not that that excuses it.

Archived