Euron Greyjoy...What's he got in store for us?

Ramsay Gimp

So, what do you guys think is going to end up happening with this guy? Will he get his hands on some Dragons by the time the Redwynes come to fight him? If not, will he smash the enemy fleet, leaving the Ironborn as the undisputed naval power in Westeros? Will he ever meet Dany, and if so, will they be allies (even spouses) or enemies? Does he have some dark magic "ace in the hole", other than the Dragon Horn?

He probably does have some other dark magic with which to improve his chances of success. Maybe not as powerful as the horn but useful nonethless. I kind of wonder whether magic might augment skill in his battle against the Redwyne fleet. It would be very intriguing to see Euron gain control over the Citadel and consequently have access to the knowledge available there. He may try using sorcery against the mainland or to help dispose of the enemy navy; perhaps tidal waves/flooding or summoning some kind of creature. In any event, he is an extremely skilled naval commander.

There is a pretty decent chance that either he or Victarion will gain a dragon or two. Victarion has become quite interesting as well; together they would be a very formidable duo though they are bitter rivals and won't cooperate. They have some hope of convincing Daenerys to ally with the Iron Isles. Moqorro's visions indicate future interactions whether or not an alliance emerges.

Euron may be a longshot for the Iron Throne but that would be quite an interesting plot twist. Make Qyburn his Hand and it gets even stranger and thus more interesting. Eccentricity makes villians better often.

I imagine Euron's to do list includes:

-Plundering Oldtown (I actually think he wants something specific from there, like a "How to Tame your Dragon" book or something)

-Killing Victarion, after he has sufficiently outsmarted and humiliated him of course.

-Mounting Dany and her dragons

-Setting the Redwyne fleet on fire

After all that he could go in any number of directions.

I think Euron represents one of the biggest wildcards at this point in the story. I really want to know what's going on with the "crow's eye" under his eye patch, that supposedly contains a "black eye shining with malice" in contrast to his blue "smiling eye". It's such a large part of what makes his identity and we know virtually nothing about it, except that it seems as though it is something to be cautious of, even feared.

I also have a hard time believing that he hasn't already taken into account Victarion's distrust and hatred for him into his overall plan. Victarion seems confident that he can steal Dany from his brother, and that he dodged a bullet by not blowing the dragon horn himself. But considering who Victarion is dealing with and his history of being a victim to Euron's psychological warfare and mindgames, besting the Crow's Eye at his own game will be anything but simple.

And when you take into consideration his capture of a group of Qartheen Warlocks he has coaching him in black magic, as well as any other secrets besides the dragon horn he may have uncovered in the ruins of Valyria and abroad during his years of exile, it seems as though we haven't even begun to grasp what terrors he intends to unleash upon the world.

Euron's origianl plan was to take the entire ironborn fleet east and that folded when they refused. I don't think he's going to stick around to face the Redwyne but move along reaving to keep his subjects sweet. I think his next likely target will be Lannisport and the Westerlands.

Euron's origianl plan was to take the entire ironborn fleet east and that folded when they refused. I don't think he's going to stick around to face the Redwyne but move along reaving to keep his subjects sweet. I think his next likely target will be Lannisport and the Westerlands.

I would love to see Lannisport finally get thrashed. Or maybe Oldtown/Highgarden

Did anyone else think it was weird when Euron slipped into the third person when he told Vic he wanted to marry Dany to make an "heir worthy of him"?

That was the only time he used, like, the royal "we" to refer to himself or did he?

Maybe Euron has another agenda. Maybe he just wants to bring the whole realm crashing down and doesn't really care about a throne.

He seems like he'd play for team Other. If he heads North, Look out.

As others have said it is very likely that Euron is aware that Victarion could easily try to move against him. The big question is whether Euron has a plan to counteract Victarion should he become the master of the dragon horn with Moqorro's help. It is possible that Euron is prepared for this outcome or may perhaps improvise some strategy in response (maybe luring Victarion into inadvertently doing something he wants).

Who knows, I believe GRRM stated that none charachter is truly evil or good. Maybe Euron we might see a positive side of Euron in the future? :)

You mean people like Victarion..who is clearly a pirate..steals/rapes women and freely murders others isn't considered evil. Ramsay Bolton isn't truly evil? Sorry but if anyone thinks these are "grey" needs a morality check.

Euron is one of the few characters you could grow to both like and hate. He is charismatic and easy to laugh, but he is also cruel and morally bankrupt. He is a bit of a psychopath, lacking in empathy to the point he laughs about how he killed a Myrish wizard when he grew impatient.

With the news of Aegon/YG landing in the Stormlands, now who does everyone think Dany will lend her dragons to? Euron sold his position by saying he could get dragons, that was how he planned to conquer Westeros, without them Redwyne's fleet could turn the tide against the Ironborn. This will lead to dissension within the ranks, and Euron may kill off some more rivals. If it is revealed that Euron had the FM kill Balon, that's when the shit really hits the fan.

Oh come on he's nowhere near as bad as Ramsay.

Well, he ordered women and little girls to strip and serve him and his men naked, then those said women got raped..and in front of their other family members.

And he also raped the wife of Victarion.

And he also had the tongues of his crew ripped out.

And he can easily kill a person over very mild offences.

And he thinks it's fun playing harsh mind games with everyone and is a nasty manipulator.

Honestly, he really does seem like the sea-faring version of Ramsay, except that he actually does seem a bit smarter in comparison (Unfortuntely. Actually quite hard to compliment a guy like that :stillsick:). Euron uses his own version of tactics, Ramsay doesn't really have any true clever tractics...he just uses fear. Granted, I don't find Euron that bright in itself, but still brighter than Ramsay.

Anyhoo, he really does seem like a unpredictable character in regards to what his actual goals are. It appears he is inkling for the Iron Throne, or to have any sort of big fancy title and significant power wherever it may be.

The whole Get-me-Dany-so-we-can-marry seems to be a long shot. Either he is too cocky for his own good *which he seems to be already anyway* or he also has another underlining plan somewhere, that might go beyond just getting rid of Victarion. Assuming that a Queen would drop everything, travel a long distance, bring her dragons and willingly marry into a culture/leader she knows nothing of, seems farfetched, and something you can't really depend on to happen. I mean, heck, look how underwhelmed she was when Quentyn showed up with just a couple of men, and he was a royal prince that is a higher ranked noble than Euron - also much less sadistic/aggressive too.

I reckon he will either just continue being nothing but an annoying thorn poking along the coast, or he will do something really dramatic, like storm and take over a major location that will change the course of the story. Either way, I do sense he will have a downfall. He can't get away with his methods forever, so something will happen - whether his goals becomes too much and it crushes him or a pissed off person that he messed with will get their revenge.

Archived