Dany's visions in House of the Undying

brevrk

Or the "The Song of Ice and Fire" does not mean what many hereabouts think it means. Since our author has not yet told us what it might be....

That was my point. It is mentioned out of context of what a lot of people believe, which makes me wonder what the "song" is.

• 1 month later...

I don't know exactly how these elementss could be arranged, but, here we go: about (5) The three head dragon is the sigil of Hause Blackfire, and it could be related with the king with black eyes.

Jon´s wolf has red eyes. As we know, the Stark's wolfes reflects their owners. This could indicate that Jon has targaryen blood, but, he has black eyes...

About (16) We know that Lyanna has “the wolf blood”, and ned depicts her to Robert like a difficult woman, Robert “saw her beauty, but not the iron underneath". Robert also says, on Lyanna´s grave, that

“Lyanna was … fond of flowers.”. moreover, Ned recalls “ when Prince Rhaegar Targaryen urged his horse past his own wife, the Dornish princess Elia Martell, to lay the queen of beauty’s laurel in Lyanna’s lap. He could see it still: a crown of winter roses, blue as frost.”. So, seems a clear reference to Lyanna's affair with Rhaegar.

Maybe, both Jon and Dany can have Targaryen blood... although one of them in fact be a Blackfire. The "lies" that Danny slays seems to me related with the Robert´s version, of what happens in the Tower of Joy and why he started a revolution.

• 2 weeks later...

1) a scene where four men with rat faces are raping a beautiful woman - Dunno?

2) a feast of corpses, where many of the bodies were savagely slaughtered, and many of the corpses have cups or spoons in their hands; above them sits a dead man on a throne with the head of a wolf, wearing an iron crown and holding a leg of lamb like a king would hold a scepter - Robb Stark

4) a scene where an old man with long silver hair sits on a barbed throne in a great hall with dragon skulls, and says "Let him be the king of ashes" - A targ king. Dunno who?

5) a man who looked like Viserys, but taller and with darker eyes, who says to a woman nursing a baby, "Aegon…What better name for a king…He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"; and when the man’s eyes meet Dany’s, he says either to her or the woman with the baby, "There must be one more…The dragon has three heads", and he picks up a silver harp and begins to play - Rhaegar

9) a tall lord with copper skin and silver hair bearing the banner of a fiery stallion (probably Rhaego, her unborn son) - I believe that there is another character that also has these features?

10) a dying prince with rubies flying from his armor whispering the name of a woman with his last breath - Lyanna?

11) a blue-eyed king with a red sword in his hand who cast no shadow - i do not think it's stannis. Shadows are the lord of lights creatures. Shadows are cast when you have a light. I believe this one is the "other". Why he has a red sword?

15) a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly - Victarion?

16) a blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice - The summer that will come

20) a corpse being dragged behind a silver horse - Barristan selmy.

22) a line of naked crones emerging from a lake, kneeling before Daenerys beneath the Mother of Mountains - She is the stallion that mounts the world.

4) a scene where an old man with long silver hair sits on a barbed throne in a great hall with dragon skulls, and says "Let him be the king of ashes" - A targ king. Dunno who?

9) a tall lord with copper skin and silver hair bearing the banner of a fiery stallion (probably Rhaego, her unborn son) - I believe that there is another character that also has these features?

11) a blue-eyed king with a red sword in his hand who cast no shadow - i do not think it's stannis. Shadows are the lord of lights creatures. Shadows are cast when you have a light. I believe this one is the "other". Why he has a red sword?

16) a blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice - The summer that will come

20) a corpse being dragged behind a silver horse - Barristan selmy.

4) Aerys the Mad King

9) No, there hasn't been so far

11) Stannis gave away his "shadow" for shadowbabies, and he happens to have a fitting sword

16) Jon. The flower is in another chapter confirmed as a rose

17) what makes you think so?

Ah thanks for the enlightning!

hmm no i just believe he will die...and that fits kinda. The silver horse is danys mere...barristan is the one riding it atm....so someon got hold of him, killed him and parade him.

It could be a reference to the past, though, to the wine seller who tried to poison her. But if it is really Barristan... damn...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I believe that "smiling sadly" equates to joy. The grey part makes sense (but could just as easily refer to greyscale) but "sadly" is the opposite of joy. You would smile sadly with regret, nostalgia, longing - but I can't think of a single example where you would smile sadly with joy.

• 8 months later...

Could the tower be where Stannis's army was stuck at the end of ADWD? With the many sacrifices, Stannis intends to do (Theon and the Karstarks) we might see a dragon hatching in that area....

A good possiblity, I do think he plans to burn Theon, have to remember Theon, as Balons son, has Kings Blood in him (so does Asha btw, he might have been planning to burn her), he'll either burn him to drive away the snow or burn him to kill Roose Bolton (Ramsay may have already done that). The Stone Dragon may not be literal, but a metaphor for Dragonstone, Stannis's seat of power (he was King of narrow sea during the vision), the shadow fire being the blood magic shadows he is projecting, both in terms of Melisandre shadow baby + the leeches

This twists into my next possibility, it has nothing to do with current ADWD Tower, but relates simply Dragonstone and the leeches (spells = shadow fire)

Of course there is the Stone Dragon idea under Winterfell (Hot Springs source...) and the Tower could relate to the Citadel, they are anti-magic but a bit like Qyburn may come up with a Franken-Dragon

The blue lips= Euron makes sense, but the corpse on the ship has "eyes", which is presumably one too many for Euron

To me this is Euron, there is something odd and creepy about Euron (and his mute crew) since his return, eg he is not of the Ironborn way of life which Victarion epitomises so well but espousing something completely differen -> leads to next point

Yes, but there are two different things. The corpse at the prow of a ship smiling sadlly is a vision of the House of the Undying, and i believe that refers to Victarion (i have the theory that Dany will fall in love with Victarion but then Euron will kill him and takes Dany for himself) and the other one is a dream she has. She dreams that she has sex with a man with blue and bruised lips and manhood (whats wrong with saying penis? :D ) cold as ice. Some people think it points to Jon being dead but I think it makes sense that the blue lips mean Euron and his little Euron being cold as ice could simply mean that he will be cold towards her since what he really wants from her is the dragons.

There is something odd about Euron in an otherwordly way, it could be that he is actually some kind of House of Undying puppet/proxy (hence blue lips), the manhood cold as ice obviously emits no heat etc, it actually reminds me of the heart (and the people) in the house of undying being normal and then decayed

I have a strong suspicion and almost certain that the Dusky woman is related to the Warlocks of Qarth

I was wondering why Maqorro is helping Victarion so much, he is probably helping him to offset Euron on behalf of Red God (arch Dany supporters, so they shouldn't exactly be inclined to helping Victarion catching her). Needs to be remembered Dusky woman hissed quite aggressively upon seeing Maqorro so at the very least he is a spanner in the works insofar as Euron/Dusky womans plans go

I actually have a sneaking suspicion from the Valyrian glyphs on the horn, eg they mention "Fire and blood", Targeryan words, but also the reverse "blood and fire" and so I personally wonder if the horn isn't so much about binding one of Dany's dragons to their will but about binding Dany herself (to Eurons will)

I think or would like

#15 a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly and wasn't there gray lips?

It is Jon Connington, he took a ship to Westeros, his eyes are bright because he's not dead yet, he's sad because he knows he will be dead soon, and if the lips are gray it's from greyscale. This is important for Dany because, not only did he bring Aegon to Westeros, he also is bringing a greyscale plague with him that with cause an epidemic.

So anyway that is my crackpot of the day :D

Hrm... not so crackpot, to me. Damn Patient Zero.

I'm not sure I believe that "smiling sadly" equates to joy. The grey part makes sense (but could just as easily refer to greyscale) but "sadly" is the opposite of joy. You would smile sadly with regret, nostalgia, longing - but I can't think of a single example where you would smile sadly with joy.

I got them impression the poster meant a sort of sad joy. Greyjoy always made ME thing of a sort of joy that blooms in the triumph of surviving in a hard world. It isn't really joyous, really, but neither is it truly sorrowful in the light of all the gloom and suffering and harshness.

I know there have been a couple threads now, but none had the methodical focus I've been looking for. I was wondering what thoughts people had on some of the more vague visions.

Taken from the Chapter Summary for CoK 48.

I'm curious about the rat faced men, perhaps a reference to Gregor Clegane's men?

The cloth dragon, I take to mean that the now living Aegon may indeed be a false dragon, as Stannis, the other 'false dragon' is not one to be cheered.

The blue flower in the Wall of Ice seems to be another arrow at Jon Snow being a Targ.

why can't the cloth dragon be a dragon banner...a Targ banner (it could be the return of any Targ to KL or even Dany flying it in Essos) It says cloth dragon right? I know there is also a "mummer's dragon" but given the comments between Mopatis and Tyrion about how Westerosi make an awful lot about the cloth animals they sew on their jerkins/banners....

I'm thinking that 13 refers to a theory about stone dragons which will come alive. Obviously, the castle to which they are attached must burn, thus the smoke reference. I love them dragons!

just for sake of argument, Dany was born on Dragonstone and she brought three dragons to life that were stone A=Dany from Dragonstone B= Dany brings dragons to life C=......

just like the cloth dragon could just be a banner?

I love looking for the deeper meaning in these prophecies but couldn't some of them just be straight up what they say, like the white tiger? (except I do like the thoughts that a White Lion is Jaimie as LC with cloak, or even Tyrion in tall grass too)

15) corpse on the prow of a ship smiling sadly with bright eyes I took as either #1 Greyjoy= sad smile maybe...and whether he is a corpse and brought back by Moqorro or was suppose to be a corpse i.e. was suppose to die...the bright eyes could be his eyes seeing the flames and battle as he comes into Mereen. #2 Griff who we know has grey scale, which affects the lips and face, bright eyes=excited to be back and accomplishing his goal but knows that he is going to die soon.

4) Aerys the Mad King

9) No, there hasn't been so far

11) Stannis gave away his "shadow" for shadowbabies, and he happens to have a fitting sword

16) Jon. The flower is in another chapter confirmed as a rose

17) what makes you think so?

I heard about the vision of the blue rose at the wall. I think it is Jon.

Dany saw the Red Wedding before it happened in the third book. G.R.R.M was foreshadowing it before writing about it.

just for sake of argument, Dany was born on Dragonstone and she brought three dragons to life that were stone A=Dany from Dragonstone B= Dany brings dragons to life C=......

just like the cloth dragon could just be a banner?

I love looking for the deeper meaning in these prophecies but couldn't some of them just be straight up what they say, like the white tiger? (except I do like the thoughts that a White Lion is Jaimie as LC with cloak, or even Tyrion in tall grass too)

15) corpse on the prow of a ship smiling sadly with bright eyes I took as either #1 Greyjoy= sad smile maybe...and whether he is a corpse and brought back by Moqorro or was suppose to be a corpse i.e. was suppose to die...the bright eyes could be his eyes seeing the flames and battle as he comes into Mereen. #2 Griff who we know has grey scale, which affects the lips and face, bright eyes=excited to be back and accomplishing his goal but knows that he is going to die soon.

Absolutely the prophecies could state a straightforward fact, but in my opinion, not in the House of the Undying. That place was like a trip on LSD, where nothing is at it seems. It had some Alice in Wonderland bad dream nonsensical reality aspects.

Archived